Author Topic: The Official Darth Big Boy, Bearer of Bad Celebrity News RIP Thread  (Read 391663 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Michael has kicked it, at least according to TMZ.

Now that's one I honestly didn't see coming.

Not a good week. :-\
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:50 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Michael has kicked it, at least according to TMZ.

Now that's one I honestly didn't see coming.

Not a good week. :-\

This is one of those shockers like Heath Ledger.  Feel sorry for his kids hopefully his family will take good care of them.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
WTF   ???   This came from left field.  Sad to admit - but he was super cool when I was like 6 or 7.  Always wanted one of those orange/red leather jackets back in the day.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
CNN:  He's in a coma

LATimes:  He's dead
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
I'm lookin' at you, Mark Sanford....
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Definitely didn't see that last one coming.  RIP Michael Jackson.  RIP Farah Faucett.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Sad about MJ, even though he freaked out in recent years.  Most of us that grew up in the 80's have to admit he had some good jams and we probably have to admit to having a couple of his tunes on our Ipods today.  I know I do.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 08:27 PM by Chris M »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Well there goes another trilogy.  Weird how these things come in threes.  I wasnt surprised by Jackson.  I had heard he had a pretty bad addiction to prescription pills over the last few years, which in turn would result in his heart stopping like it did. At least kids will be safe in his neighborhood again.  Yeah I know he was found innocent, but so was OJ.

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
He might have been weird, but he was a great singer / performer.  I can't imagine growing up in the 80's without the King of Pop's music and music videos.  R.I.P. Michael Jackson. :'(

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
At least kids will be safe in his neighborhood again.  Yeah I know he was found innocent, but so was OJ.

To be clear, no one ever said he nabbed a random kid from the mall or lured them off of the schoolground.  Some mother allowed her child to spend the night unsupervised at a pop star's home.  Kids will not be safe in MJ's neighborhood as long as there are dip**** stupid parents like that living down the block.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Regardless of his problems outside of his career, he had some of the best music ever.

I'm making today a tribute day to him and listening to only his music.

RIP Michael, you'll be missed and long remembered.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
I was never a fan of his in the 80's.  I've never owned one of his albums.  I don't have a single MP3 of his music (bootleg or paid for) and depending on the song, I usually don't listen to his stuff when it comes on the radio.

I understand what he did for POP music, but I've never been a fan.  It was a surprise that he died yesterday but honestly, I can't seem to care.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
I was never a fan of his in the 80's.  I've never owned one of his albums.  I don't have a single MP3 of his music (bootleg or paid for) and depending on the song, I usually don't listen to his stuff when it comes on the radio.

I understand what he did for POP music, but I've never been a fan.  It was a surprise that he died yesterday but honestly, I can't seem to care.

E...

Call me a heartless bastard, but ditto.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile

E...

Call me a heartless bastard, but ditto.

Me three.  He was cute when he was a little kid in the Jackson 5.........
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(