Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 419397 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2115 on: September 17, 2006, 06:16 PM »
Thanks guys. I probably would have skipped that one too, since I never read that arc or anything.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2116 on: September 19, 2006, 03:35 PM »
Just on the topic of Marvel Toys - I saw this thread over at Fwoosh talking about some "bobble head-style" Marvel figures that are apparently available at Wal-Mart for $1.97 each.  There are pics on the thread, and they look kind of neat.  Unfortunately, it sounds like they are blind boxed, so that makes it tougher to just go pick one or two up.  I'd like to get the Spidey, but I don't want to buy a bunch and end up wanting the whole collection :P.  Not sure if our WM has these or not, I guess I haven't noticed.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2117 on: September 25, 2006, 10:14 AM »
HEADS UP WARNING FOR ALL PEOPLE ASSEMBLING MOJO

If anyone else gets all their MOJO pieces like I have pay attention to how you put the toy together.

I got all my pieces and was in the process of putting Mojo's torso (Psylock & Falcon pieces) together and it wouldn't lock. I looked at the connector on one piece and the tab on the other, and noticed that the tab from the back 1/2 didn't match up with the hole on the front 1/2.  >:(

Luckily the pieces aren't glued to gether, they are screwed together. So I got out my handy screwdriver and attempted to fix the back 1/2 to match the front 1/2. That didn't work because the back 1/2 has certain attachments on the inside of it to ensure that it is put together properly. However, after reasembling the back 1/2 I poped open the front 1/2 and I could change that since there wasn't the same sort of attchments as there was in back.  :P

So after about 15 minutes of trying to get it put together, disasembling, reasembling and finally being able to get it put together properly I was finally able to complete Mojo. ;D
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2118 on: October 2, 2006, 10:35 AM »
Some promo pics of SMC 19 have shown up on the TNI forums, and the wave is a little disappointing.  I'm excited to finally get an Electro (missed the S6 set - or actually, couldn't afford it at the time), but it is kind of mucked up with an action feature now.  It will do I suppose.  Also the "Peter Parker" figure, or more accurately - what previously looked like a Spidey figure with a Peter head - sounded pretty neat at the time, but the final picture looks a little wonky.  A big transforming figure, kind of like my brother's old Power Rangers toys the way it looks.  Toxin looks ok I guess, although I know little about the character to be honest.  Anyways, pics at the linky, if interested.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2119 on: October 2, 2006, 11:01 AM »
Thanks for the link Brian.  And please pardon my joy at the fact that Electro is such a craptastic version :o  I wasn't happy because I had sprung for the box set to get him earlier and now I remain happy that I did do that.  I wasn't impressed they were re-releasing him, but it's really no surprise since almost all the figures are subsequently released.  Still, this I didn't expect. 

I'm actually a little bothered by the trend the line is taking, it almost seems to be heading back to around mid-90s for the quality.  The addition of action figures doesn't really seem a good fit for a 'classics' line.  That some of those figures are so horrendous in 2006 is really quite surprising.  The Toxin is fine I suppose, like you I'm not overly familiar with the character, so I won't buy it.  I guess Electro is ok as a filler and had I not purchased the box set I would have been after this one, action feature or no.  He's about the same as Shocker in terms of quality.  Acceptable, not great.  But that 'transforming' spiderman??  What a glorious piece of garbage.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2120 on: October 11, 2006, 01:08 PM »
In other, cheery news.... >:(

The Canadian distributor for ToyBiz stuff has cancelled the following for distribution in Canada:

X-Men 3 - Series 3
Marvel Legends boxed set - House of M
Marvel Legends - Series 14
Marvel Legends - Series 15
Marvel Face Off - Series 2
Marvel Masterworks - Series 2
Marvel Showdown - Series 4
Marvel Icons Series 2 (Re-Stock)
Marvel Icons Series 3
Spider-man Rotocast figures
Spider-Man Series 18

The reason being they wouldn't be able to deliver the product to the Canadian distributor until about mid-December and supposedly all ToyBiz (pre-Marvel) stock must be moved out of the distributors possession before January 1st.  A two week window just isn't enough, especially when you consider delivery would essentially be post-Christmas.  This is a little silly when you consider I saw waves of X3 back in August and I think ML14 has been floating around since September.  Why the delay from shipping between September to December is a little baffling.  Three months lag time?  Yeah, sure. 

This also includes delivery of product to Canadian online retailers as well as box outlets so I can't even go online or expect it at local comic shops.   >:(

Fortunately there wasn't that much I really wanted out of the list above, other than some X3 figures and the two series' of ML (14/15).  I can't recall who was from SMC 18, so maybe I'm not missing much there anyway. 

The real aggravation comes from the inability to even hunt for the chase figures.  I'm reduced to either buying online at a premium or hoping to find a deal on ebay.  Psylocke maybe won't be so bad, but series 15 with the Wasp and Spiderwoman variants is more annoying.  I've had really good luck finding these up here, so it's rather disappointing. 

Presumably once Marvel ramps up the production that product will make it north of the border again but for the next three months we'll see nothing but old product.  I don't imagine that will clog up the pegs at all.   ::)

Offline Rogue Jedi TJ

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2121 on: October 17, 2006, 06:22 PM »
have a marvel legends blue angel variant available-$14

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2122 on: October 17, 2006, 10:53 PM »
I saw a Psylocke today, but she had 2 right hands  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2123 on: October 18, 2006, 02:20 PM »
Managed to grab the rest of what I was missing from 14.  Haven't had a chance to open them yet, but it took a while to find a set with decent paint apps.  Quality control on this wave was the worse I've ever seen.

Anyone want a FA Iron Man without his Mojo piece?  Just let me know and we can work something out.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2124 on: October 18, 2006, 02:43 PM »
I'll take him Mikey :)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2125 on: October 18, 2006, 02:55 PM »
He's yours, Scott.  $5 plus shipping ok?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2126 on: October 18, 2006, 03:06 PM »
Stupid Canada.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2127 on: October 18, 2006, 03:17 PM »
I read over at Fwoosh that apparently SMC 19 has started to show up, although not widespread.  This is the wave with Toxin, Electro, and a few more Spideys.  Even though the Electro has a craptastic action feature now, I missed out on the Sinister 6 set, so I'm looking forward to picking this one up to have an Electro.  Not sure about Toxin, I like to get all of the Spidey characters, but really know little to nothing about him.  Now I just need to find a cheap Kraven somewhere, and I think I'll be pretty much caught up with Spidey's villains :).  Oh, except for Black Cat I guess, but we'll have to wait and see with that one.

Aside from a brief sighting a month ago or so, there hasn't been any ML 14 around here.  Lots of older stuff showing up (Legendary Riders, some Sentinel wave), and it looks like our local WM has a few more of the Face Off packs - at least last time I was there.  I saw these at our local TRU as well.  The Icons have shown up at both WM and TRU here, although I have yet to see a regular/masked version of Iron Man or Captain America.  I haven't picked any up, but I'm looking forward to getting Spidey (and maybe Venom/other Spidey related characters).  If I didn't have so much stuff already, I think it would be a fun line to collect though - and not too bad of a deal really price wise.  I read today that the similarly scaled 12" Batman figure (DC Superheroes), which is a TRU exclusive, is retailing for $30 - with much less articulation, no accessories, and plain packaging.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 03:26 PM by Brian »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2128 on: October 18, 2006, 03:28 PM »
  Now I just need to find a cheap Kraven somewhere, and I think I'll be pretty much caught up with Spidey's villains :).

I have the one from the Sinister Six boxset if you want it, Brian.  Never been displayed, just went in the box of "outdated and not needed Marvel Legends figures" once I got him out of the package (had already bought the single pack version).  LMK.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2129 on: October 18, 2006, 03:32 PM »
Brent, you need help with the Mojo wave?