Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 148450 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #255 on: November 1, 2003, 09:18 AM »
I'm sure Oscar can customize a case for the Lukes. He does make awesome cases.  8)
There have been AFA'd cases for the Boba Fett so it should not be a problem.

Boba Fett Kubrick (Bape gallery) AFA

I'm sure I have seen the odd AFA'd Luke on eBay too.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #256 on: November 5, 2003, 04:42 PM »
Series 2 should be out any day now...our overseas buddies heard anything.  Medicom says 11/03 on the website

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #257 on: November 5, 2003, 09:24 PM »
Cool.  Get ready to start scoping out the deals!

As for the cases, I'd be happy to go in on a bulk purchase of some of the individual LOOSE figure cases, but I'll probably pass on getting a case for my carded Luke though...  Actually, I'm interested to see if there's going to be any other "too tall" figures that won't fit in the standard figure cases, like IG-88.  If that's the case, I'm not sure if I want those.   I hate it when everything's not fully uniform.  But if anyone hears of a good bulk deal for those, definitely give us all a shout in here!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #258 on: November 5, 2003, 09:29 PM »
My Kubrick count stands at 36 right now with Sesame Street 2, Marvel 2 and Star Wars 2 all still needed...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #259 on: November 5, 2003, 10:21 PM »
Series 2 should be out any day now...our overseas buddies heard anything.  Medicom says 11/03 on the website

Should be put soon. I will get an email from HLJ when they ship my order. Once they ship, it takes 2 1/2 weeks to arrive as it goes through customs so I may have them sometime in Dec by the looks of it.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2003, 04:22 AM »
If anyone is interested, there is a Kubrick like bootleg in tin on eBay.

Boba Fett Kubrick type

This is the second one I have seen since I got mine back in mid April!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2003, 12:28 PM »
xl-shop.com has the display cases. Set of 8 display boxes is $16.80.

Medicom Toy - Be@rbrick and Kubrick Clear Display Box

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2003, 11:55 PM »
Damm that carded Boba Fett is sooooooo outta reach!  :'(

Medicom Toy Expo Kubrick Boba Fett

20 mins. left on the tin Boba Fett bootleg if anyone wants it. No bids thus far.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #263 on: November 16, 2003, 03:35 AM »
well, if there are only 100 of that carded fett, which is what i thought they made, then yeah, they are going to be going for some bucks. and i don't see the price dropping anytime soon... because i'm sure there are waaaaaay more than 100 fett collectors/fans out there... myself included. but, alas, no, i do not own one of these, and will not be spending $400+ for one  :o

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2003, 12:17 PM »
Wohoo! Im now officially a member of the JD club :) My Luke arrived today. This thing is awesome, its hard to imagine the size of it until you actually hold it in your hands.

Soooooooo, who's going to be first to add Boba to their collection? :) Hopefully after Christmas I might be able to make it happen lol God, I wont be able to fight the urges now...
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2003, 02:59 PM »
Wohoo! Im now officially a member of the JD club :) My Luke arrived today. This thing is awesome, its hard to imagine the size of it until you actually hold it in your hands.

Congrats Adam!  Welcome to the "semi-complete" Kubrick club!  I think Brent just got one too, unless he was BS'ing me...  He never did tell me from where or for how much.

I told you it was surprisingly small (a page or two back, when I got mine).   8)  Nice little piece.  So, you gonna get another carded Luke to open, so you can have a loose Luke with both brown and blonde hair?   ;D  (doubtful that I will, unless one pops up for CHEAP)

So, who's gonna step up and snag the carded Boba, so they can be in FIRST PLACE all by themself in the JD Kubrick Collectors Club?!?   8)  I think Dale, Adam, and I are all tied right now as it stands...  (Dale, you got both of the Fett chase variants, right?)

Wave 2 should be hitting VERY soon, so I guess the Sandtrooper chase figure(s) will temporarily put someone back in first place by themself, 'til we all catch up again...   :P  Still no word out your way on these, Simon?  Keep us posted if you hear/see anything!   ;)

Anyone know the breakdown on the figures in the next case?  If they're more evenly split out than last time, and there's at least two of each figure in each case, I'd be willing to split a case with someone too.   LMK...   :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2003, 03:14 PM »
Yep, got both the Boba variants. No word yet on the release of series 2 yet. Sould be sometime very soon. As for a break down, no idea thus far.  :-\

My carded Luke should be here very soon. I can tell it's in customs!  :'(

As for the carded Boba,  :'(

Congrats Adam!   8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2003, 03:42 PM »
My carded Luke should be here very soon. I can tell it's in customs!  :'(

Wow, I didn't realize you hadn't gotten yours yet D!  Been quite a while since you won it...   :-\  That means I had "first place" all to myself in the Kubrick club for exactly a month ('til Adam finally scooped his Luke up this morning)  ;D

It looks just like the one I received today that's sitting next to me on my desk right now, but mine was $8 less... shipped!   ;D   :-*

Pretty cool little bugger, ain't it?  What 'til you actually get it.  Much smaller than you'd expect if you're like me and keep envisioning them as the size of a regular carded figure, even though we know damn well that they're not!   :P

So that means you're technically only in third right now Dale.  Sorry bud, but you better catch up!  I think even Brent has one now!  (I think.  Feel free to confirm that B.)

Now gimme, gimme, gimme Wave 2 dammit!   :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #268 on: November 17, 2003, 03:54 PM »
Most of the presells on eBay say end of November/early December

Sesame Street Wave 2 just came out which was also a 11/03 release

Should be really soon!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #269 on: November 17, 2003, 03:56 PM »
I expect it to arrive this week. Normal for customs to delay our parcels up here!      

I maybe in third but wait till the series 2 comes out!