Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 148447 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #315 on: December 1, 2003, 11:24 AM »
its that dang Indiana Jones that vexes me.  I am going to cave on an Early Bird set too...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :-\

Indiana Jones! :'(

Early Bird set!   :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #316 on: December 1, 2003, 11:53 AM »
I don't really care much for the paint variants...

Well, it looks like you're contemplating picking up the Cantina Band Member Chase figure solely for the unique instruments, right?  Well, each of those 3 Boba Fetts had unique weapons as well...   ;)

And yes, that Early Bird set is a must, Mr. Kubrick collector!  No idea why it's taken you so long as it is.  Now get your butt in gear and go snag one!   :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #317 on: December 1, 2003, 12:04 PM »
Here's a pretty nice auction for the standard 6 figures from wave 2, along with the Sandtrooper and Band Member Chase figures - BIN at $119.99.  Not too bad, with the Chase figures at around $30 each.  Any takers?

Series 2 + two Chase figures

At least the prices on these two Chase figures are much more reasonable than the last time around.  Of course Indy looks to be in the same ballpark as the previous Fetts though...   :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #318 on: December 1, 2003, 12:06 PM »
It comes down to price really, I haven't paid more than $20 for any one Kubrick...$25 a piece for Early Birds and it looks like $70+ for Indy is way too much money.  I'm willing to wait to a point but my impatience is killing me  :D

I should buy a case of 48 and sell the extras, get a full band of 6, a couple of Sandtroopers and a few Tuskens and an Indy...but dropping $350+ is a little too much to stomach...especially in December :P)

Agggh

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #319 on: December 1, 2003, 12:10 PM »
For instance...I got a set of Marvel 2 (8 figures and Nightcrawler just as rare as Indy)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3152914806&category=36553&rd=1

For $52...plus these are blind figures with blind chases, the Star Wars Kubricks are crazy :o

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #320 on: December 1, 2003, 12:21 PM »
I'll just wait till I get my cases & see what happens.  :-\
By then, Indy should be over $100.  :'(

Simon, are they packed in those tin foil baggies like the first set? If so, I might want to run them through an xray machine!  ;D

The force is strong with this merchandise & the way they market them Scott! They got us by the  :-X
They manufacturer it & we will buy!  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #321 on: December 1, 2003, 12:38 PM »
One more auction like the one I pointed out above, for all 6 plus the Sandtrooper and Band Member Chase figures - for $119.99 BIN'ed.

Series 2 + two Chase figures

So what I don't entirely understand, is the ratios.  Here's what the cases are supposedly made up of:

1. SANDTROOPER (ORANGE) with BLASTER RIFLE ratio : 4/12
2. HAN SOLO with BLASTER PISTOL ratio : 3/12
3. CANTINA BAND MEMBER with ACCESSORIES ratio : 2/12
4. OBI-WAN KENOBI with LIGHTSABER ratio : 1/12
5. GREEDO with BLASTER PISTOL ratio : 1/12
6. TUSKEN RAIDER with THE GAFFI STICK ratio : 1/12
---------
7. CANTINA BAND MEMBER with different ACCESSORIES ratio : 2/12 [CHASE]
8. SANDTROOPER (WHITE PAULDRON) ratio : 1/12 [CHASE]
9. HAN SOLO (INDIANA JONES) SECRET ratio : 1/48 [CHASE]

So does that mean that the White Sandtrooper is as common as the Greedo, Tusken, and Obi-Wan?  I don't think it does.  I think there's two different "ratios" happening here - the case ratio of the standard 6 which tells you how many of each one you'll get in a case of 12 figures.  But then the Chase figure ratios are how many of those you'll get within each of that respective figure's individual boxes.  So a 1/12 White Sandtrooper would mean that for every 12 Sandtrooper boxes you open, you should find 1 White Sandtrooper.  But with 4 Sandtroopers in each case, that means your chances go up to 33% that you'll get one in a case (I think).

I think it's identical odds on the Cantina Band Member too.  He's twice as easy ratio wise at 2 in 12, but is packed at half the amount in each case - so I think that's a wash.  33% chance again.  Or, it's entirely possible that the two differently accessorized Cantina Band Members are available in equal quantities...   ???

There's a few of both of the aforementioned Chase figures floating around in the $19 - $25 range on eBay, including a few BINs right now.  That's tolerable for these two I think - especially if you can get them thrown in with eachother and the other six to save on shipping costs...

Indy is a different beast, which I think is equal to the prior Fett variants.  The Boba Fett Chase figures came in at 1/96 I believe - which I think equates to 1/48 between the both of them individually.  Same as Indy here.  The Fetts generally went anywhere between $60 and $90, with a few slipping by both lower and higher than that range.  So I'd probably hold off a little longer Scott.  I'm sure after a while Indy may settle down a bit.  Then again, he's probably going to be much more popular a variant than a repainted Boba Fett, so perhaps he'll stay pretty high.  Dunno...    :-\
« Last Edit: December 1, 2003, 02:18 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #322 on: December 1, 2003, 02:54 PM »
I think the quoted ratios are manufacturing ratios.  Over the total run of the series, that is the representative number of each item.  Out of 96 figures made, you'll see only one indy but 32 Sandtroopers with orange (32/96=4/12).  

While Adam's early remarks are hopefully representative, I think Simon's cases show that this is random packing at it's finest.  Four white sandies?  

This is pretty similar to the McFarlane experience, as I think I pointed out earlier.  You could get zero chase pieces, as is the case in lots of McFarlane sportspick cases.  Alternately, you could hit the jackpot.  The highest reported number of variants/chase I've ever seen on the McFarlane board is six, half a stinking box :o  No full set of figures, but who cares.  Conceivably that could happen here.  You could technically get all of Indy, white sandtrooper and cantina bandmember chase in the same box.  Or you could get nothing.  

I'd rather have at least a single chase in a case, then I would at least have one (BTW Matt, I am actively working on a trade for a carded Luke, I just can't find enough recent trilogo stuff to get it over.  It's mine, but not in hand).  I just don't think it works that way.  

Scott, tell me when you're hunting the early bird set as I will too at some point.  Rather not bid against you.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #323 on: December 1, 2003, 03:14 PM »
Well this auction was looking mighty fine just a moment ago, sitting at $100 BIN for all 8 (sans Indy):

SW Series 2, plus two Chase figures

But within a few minutes of my looking at it, the seller went in and edited the BIN up $10, to $110.   :-\  I almost took the great deal at $100, but I'm working out another deal with a buddy right now, and didn't want to leave him hangin'...   ;)

But with the Sandtrooper and Band Member #2 looking pretty widely available so far, I think we'll be seeing a lot of auctions for all 8 of them in the $110 - $125 range.  Not terrible...

BTW, Indy's 1/48 Brent - not 1/96.   ;)
« Last Edit: December 1, 2003, 03:27 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #324 on: December 1, 2003, 03:43 PM »
I've also heard that Medicom is very good with packaging exact numbers in their cases (which are 4 boxes of 12 or 24 individuals)

See and that is the crazy thing...most other Kubricks are blind, you have no idea what you are getting when you buy them, while these Star Wars ones are non-blind with blind chases...so in reality you could keep buying Han Solos in hope of getting an Indy

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #325 on: December 1, 2003, 05:03 PM »

BTW, Indy's 1/48 Brent - not 1/96.   ;)

Cool, odds are even better.  
48 figures
1 Indy
16 regular Sandtroopers.  
World is a happier place.  Now you know why I'm not an accountant.

Indy....Indy......Indy.....Indy.....Indy.....Indy..........
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #326 on: December 1, 2003, 09:40 PM »
I gotta tell ya, I dont like that HLJ doesnt give you shipping costs before they ship the item. You can get estimates, but I'd like to know how much. Going by the estimates, it could cost up to about $45.00 to ship these, the slow way. Frankly, that sounds like WAY too much! Maybe the real shipping price will be less, I'll just hope for the best. Hopefully I can get a lot of chase figures, to compensate for the cost of the shipping. You cant really beat $85 for a case, but when shipping comes close to half the price, thats outrageous.

Maybe Im overreacting and the price will be low... Only time will tell
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #327 on: December 1, 2003, 10:04 PM »
All of the figures are packed in foil so X-rays are out of the question.

I opened about 8 cases of Marvel Series 1 and 2 and the ratios were spot on. 1 Dr Doom or Nightcrawler per case and 1  Punisher Venom or Spider-ham per 4 cases. But the Star Wars ones seem a bit more random. I think any ratios quoted for the chase figures are a bit of  speculation at the moment. You might have to get a Master Carton of 4 cases and open them all befvore you got a real idea of the ratios.

Adam, that shipping for one case is way to high. When I sent out boxes of Series 1 the shipping was $19.00.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #328 on: December 2, 2003, 09:17 AM »
Thanks for the comforting words ;) I thought it was high; this was using their system for estimating shipping costs, so it doesnt necessarily mean they are even close to spot on. Hopefully they will be shipping soon!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #329 on: December 2, 2003, 09:40 AM »
I checked online with HLJ & my order is being processed & it should leave there warehouse in a few days.  8)

I just checked the Kubrick page & there stock status is very low.
"Item is in stock, but at the current sales pace we expect to run out within2-3 days (if we don't get new supply)".

I found there shipping costs very reasonable. I had a case on Konami figures shipped from them for $14. CDN.

This order, I expect to pay more for shipping! I'll find out when my CC gets charged!   :-\