Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 338888 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #465 on: November 27, 2010, 08:36 PM »
While in Delaware for Thanksgiving, I snuck out to Walmart on Black Friday (I know, crazy) and surprisingly managed to score Clone Trooper Draa - no sign of Vos, Cato, etc.

When I got to the check-out, it would not ring up - Item Not Found. Luckily they let me have the thing anyway, for $6, no tax.

When we got back to Virginia today, I manged to steal away again for a few minutes to hit 2 more Walmarts and was stunned to find the exact 3 remaining figures I needed from Wave 5 - Vos, Cato, and the Undead Geonosian. What are the odds of THAT?

Funny thing was, the same thing happened at checkout - none of the figures would scan. They had to do a manual override. So anyway, I managed to knock out the whole wave for less than $25 and a minimum of hassle.  ;D

At least 2 of the cards are sub-optimal though, so I will be keeping an eye out for mintier versions. I think that may be it for 2010, unless we see the HMP/TriFighter vehicle wave hit in the next month, or that Deluxe Vehicle set with Clone Trooper Jesse.

Woo hoo!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 08:36 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #466 on: November 27, 2010, 08:45 PM »
Same thing happened to me when I bought the Vos wave last week - cashier had to do an override. The  Shaak Ti wave was the same way but all of the figure from that asst. had a generic Walmart UPC sticker placed on the bubble instead.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 28, 2010, 03:57 PM »
took some work with the manager but I got TRU to ring up 2 of the Nikto exclusives for the 2 for $9.99 price.  Probably going to make one into a Master Di using either a Fisto or Windu body.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 28, 2010, 10:10 PM »
I finally found the new Kit Fisto figure today at Target! I also picked up Ki-Adi Mundi at Walmart the other day.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 29, 2010, 12:35 AM »
Was surprised to find Ki-Adi Mundi and Flamethrower Trooper at a Walgreens, because I haven't seen this wave at all at Target yet. Being they were $11.49, I skipped without any reluctance.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #470 on: November 29, 2010, 01:35 AM »
Picked up the AT-RT with Boil...  I'm not sure why.  I like the paintjob, so I mean, I do know why, but at the same time $17 hurts.   :-[  I'm contemplating return it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 29, 2010, 03:04 PM »
Hit a flurry of Walmarts (4) over lunch and found more remnants of TCW Wave 5. Picked up a minty carded Draa at one store and a slightly dinged Undead Geonosian who will serve well as an opener at another.

Once again, neither figure rang up at the register and I had to get overrides at both stores. I haven't been stonewalled yet though, so I don't mind the extra hassle.

At this point, if I could find a minty carded Quinlan Vos and an opener of Cato, I'd be completely set.

No sign of BARC Speeder w/Jesse yet either. Thinking this will be the next thing to show up...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 1, 2010, 06:41 PM »
Picked up the Orto Plutonia battle pack this morning. Could have grabbed the Utapau and Jedi Showdown sets, but I passed. I'll eventually grab them all for the MIB collection, but I really only wanted to get the Orto Plutonia set to open since I wanted the game cards for the Snow-gear Obi-Wan, Snow-gear Anakin and Thi Sen.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #473 on: December 1, 2010, 10:58 PM »
Picked up the Senate Guard set at Target (on sale!) and then went over to the WM across the road and picked up 2 Mandos and Boba Fett.

The Mandos are pretty sweet.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 2, 2010, 06:22 PM »
Grabbed Cato, Boba, Shaak Ti, Vos, and Embo today at Walmart in Mishawaka, Indiana.  Got them to price match TRU's ad for $5 each along with 3 other Marvel figures.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #475 on: December 2, 2010, 07:53 PM »
Nice...  I tried a pricematch last night and came up completely empty on it.  I was being fibbed to by the manager, which was frustrating, but such is life too. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 2, 2010, 08:53 PM »
Nice...  I tried a pricematch last night and came up completely empty on it.  I was being fibbed to by the manager, which was frustrating, but such is life too. 

Oh there is more to the story which is sure to blow some minds here.  I forgot the TRU - I had meant to bring it with me.  After finding all of this - 8 figures in all, I didn't want to leave empty handed.  I told the girl at the register about the sale and that I forgot the ad.  She pulled out a stack of advertisements from the weekend paper to see if she had it - she did not.  She then sent me on a crusade to about four other registers in all in search of a TRU ad.  All of them had ads, but none had a TRU ad.  At the last register I came across a floor supervisor type guy.  He ended up doing a little more searching and came up with the ad for me, and then did the price matching.  A great experience for sure.

On a related issue my wife was at the same Walmart the other day and she was buying 2 gallons of milk.  The clerk ringing her up said "oh these are on sale somewhere" and did the price match for my wife.    :o

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #477 on: December 2, 2010, 09:35 PM »
That's a good experience.  My experience, not so much, but it wasn't at Wal-Mart either...  I chalked it up to just fate and left.  I didn't have 8 figures though either.  I probably would've raised a bigger stink at that.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 3, 2010, 11:32 AM »
Taking advantage of the current TRU sale on Battlepacks, I scored all of the "new" battlepacks - Orto Plutonia, Jedi Showdown and Invasion of Utapau for my MIB collection this morning.

I even grabbed a second Orto Plutonia set to replace the one I picked up at WalMart earlier in the week - gonna return that one since I paid the WM price of $24.77 for the pack.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2010, 11:33 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 3, 2010, 05:26 PM »
went back to the same WM and found that they stocked the same clone wars case again.  this time I was able to grab the genosian and Draa - both at the TRU price (the same girl rang me up)