Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 418226 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3060 on: February 7, 2008, 03:08 PM »
Someone over at TNI just posted some Target DPCI numbers for Marvel products. Looks like the Hulk figures will be a little expensive

Hulk Legends: DPCI 087 06 2037 $14.99
Marvel Legends 2-pack figure: DPCI 087 06 2007
Marvel Super Hero Theme 4PK:  DPCI 087 06 2020
Spiderman Venom Saga Villains: 087 06 1898
Spiderman Animated Action Figures: 087 06 1900
Spiderman Classic Action Fig: 087 06 1899
Spiderman Premium Series Fig: 087 06 1911
Spiderman Wallcrawler: 087 06 2045

Any ideas on what is coming in the Legends 2-pack, Super Hero Theme 4PK sereis?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3061 on: February 11, 2008, 09:08 PM »
WM now has the FF Legends Line on clearance.  Saw the Torch over the weekend for $5, but passed on him.  Never did get my invisible woman.  >:(

My WM still has a few Invisible Womans left if you want me to pick one up for you. None of the packaging was in good shape though.

I also have a regular variant (not the backwards one) of Marvel Girl if anyone needs her (cost + shipping of course).
I remember my dream now.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3062 on: February 11, 2008, 10:37 PM »
WM now has the FF Legends Line on clearance.  Saw the Torch over the weekend for $5, but passed on him.  Never did get my invisible woman.  >:(

My WM still has a few Invisible Womans left if you want me to pick one up for you. None of the packaging was in good shape though.

I also have a regular variant (not the backwards one) of Marvel Girl if anyone needs her (cost + shipping of course).

I just want 'em loose, so if you can get one or two, I would happily take them!  Could pay cost plus shipping plus your time, or I think I have a few items off your want list if you're interested in swapping.  Let me know if you can get them and we'll work something out.  Thanks!

Justin
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3063 on: February 11, 2008, 10:45 PM »
Sure let me go there and see if I can get them for you.
I remember my dream now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3064 on: February 16, 2008, 04:10 PM »
Is it safe to assume Hasbro released more than 500 of the backwards marvel girl variant? I just found one today.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3065 on: February 16, 2008, 06:00 PM »
From Marvelous News...

Marvel Legends
-Marvel Legends Wave 5, the one with Spiral is coming just may be a bit delayed
-New Marvel Legends 2-Packs coming consisting of 2 waves for a total of 8 different 2 packs. In these 2-packs we
will see Ultimate Captain America and Ultimate Nick Fury with alternating hands and heads. Elektra and Ronin,
with a chase variant featuring a Skrull version of Elektra. Also, expect to see more army builders in these 2-Packs
-Hasbro has confirmed that the Shanna-Kazar-Sabu Boxset will be coming out as an SDCC 2008 Exclusive.

Spider-Man Classics
-Hasbro announced that the Spider-Man Classics line is coming back with a mix of heroes and villains and
in 6" scale and will begin with Movie figures in the Spring. August 1st will mark the switch from movie to classic
comic book style including Spidey villain Tarantula.

Hulk Classics
-The long rumored Fing Fang Foom waves are finally confirmed. You can Build your own Fing Fang Foom across 2
waves of Hulk Classics Lines but you will ALSO have a chance to buy Fing Fang Foom on his own as an SDCC
2008 Exclusive limited to a run of just 2,008 figures!

Wolverine, X-Men
-Hasbro announces that we can expect to see more X-Men and Wolverine figures in 2009 to go along with the
Wolverine movie

Super Hero Squad
-24 2-Packs this year including Shang-Chi, Crossbones and more
-Boxsets coming including a Winter Soldier boxset, Champions boxset and Defenders boxset

Mighty Muggz
-Captain America coming
-SDCC 2008 Exclusive Iron Man Movie Figure

Transformers Crossovers
-Marvel Transformers and Star Wars Transformers line will merge into a single line called "Transformers Crossovers"

SDCC 2008 Exclusives (recap)
-Marvel Legends the Shanna-Kazar-Sabu Boxset confirmed as an SDCC 2008 Exclusive.
-A limited run of 2,008 Fing Fang Foom Build-A-Figures will be available as an SDCC 2008 Exclusive.
-Mighty Muggz SDCC 2008 Exclusive Iron Man Movie figure announced.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3066 on: February 16, 2008, 06:36 PM »
First Marvel pics.

FFF looks awesome!

Marvel Legends

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3067 on: February 17, 2008, 02:12 PM »
The new IM figs are growing on me.  Classics She-Hulk and Ronin look pretty good too!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3068 on: February 17, 2008, 05:09 PM »
FFF is awesome in person and he is really big. He seemed to articulated well, even in the knees. The rep from Hasbro told me that its going to be 8 figured needed to build him but he didnt know which ones.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3069 on: February 18, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Originally, I thought it was:

King Hulk (Planet Hulk)
Son of Hulk
Doc Samson
Red King
Valkyrie
Hulk (Ed McGuiness Style)
She Hulk (First Appearance)
Absorbing Man

But Wendingo is obviously filling one of those slots...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3070 on: February 18, 2008, 09:48 AM »
It seems like there wasn't a whole heck of a lot shown Marvel-wise (especially outside the movies), but what was shown seemed to look pretty nice.  I can't say that there's a whole lot I'll probably pick up from what was shown though, just between the spending on Star Wars/Indy/etc. and the fact that I'm not super interested in some of the characters.  I'll probably pick up an Iron Man or two from the movie line, and the two-packs sound intriguing.  It would be great to have FFF, but I don't think I'll be picking up all of those figures.  Maybe if that SDCC exclusive one is somewhat easy to grab, but we'll see.  It seemed like a bit of a quiet year for the Marvel stuff, but maybe there will be more at NYCC.  I haven't gotten a chance to look at all the pictures closely yet (too busy checking out SW stuff), but I thought I read that the Hulk movie line was going to be 3 3/4" to fit in with the current Joes (with the army aspect and all).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3071 on: February 18, 2008, 10:38 AM »
WIZARD has a little summary with pictures of what was shown from the Marvel area of things at Toy Fair.  Mainly Hulk, Iron Man, a little bit of Legends, Mighty Muggz, and Superhero Squad.

HULK DRIVE FOUR WHEELER!  ::)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3072 on: February 18, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Well I hope Hulk (Ed McGuiness Style) is replaced and not Red King or Valkyrie

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3073 on: February 18, 2008, 01:37 PM »
Ooh, bump'n'go crap comes back yet.  Yippee.

In a bit of ironic timing, wave 3 showed up at Canadian retail finally (not comic shops, that is).  I wasn't able to finish out the set just yet, but I did find a Black Knight figure.  I'm happy with the sculpt and scale and overall it's a nice figure, but what low grade of plastic is this thing made of.  I'm really scared of snapping the plastic as it feels so brittle and hollow.  I thought for sure when I was repositioning the arm it would snap off.  I don't play with my toys so it's not a huge deal, but come on, that's pretty weak. 

I still need to find Bucky (and Cap, I think) for their BAF parts mostly.  I think I'll end up skipping the Danger figure unless I can score it for $5 or less. 

Well I hope Hulk (Ed McGuiness Style) is replaced and not Red King or Valkyrie

Knowing Hasbro, they'll probably dump the Absorbing Man figure first :P  I swear that's on most people's want lists, so it would go first. 
Aside from the She-Hulk figure, Valkyrie is the one I'm most looking forward to.  I'm not even going to attempt the BAF, so here's hoping I can score the FFF figure from SDCC help.  It looks really nice.   
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3074 on: February 18, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Did they show pics of Valk at the TF?  I saw She-Hulk, but not the Valk.  Surprised we didn't see ML 4 either.   >:(