Author Topic: Shannon (Princess) has become one with the Force...  (Read 21245 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Shannon (Princess) has become one with the Force...
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 09:00 AM »
This is certainly sad news.  I did not know Shannon from outside these boards either.  However, I remember the fun picturess people posted of her at C3 and did view her website several times.  She seemed like a fun person who loved her son very much.  At least now her struggles are over.   I send my heartfelt condolences to her family and friends.  May The Force Be With You Shannon....always.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 09:01 AM »
I've been trying to think of something to say for the last two days now and I can express how sorry I feel for her son and family.  It heartens me to think that she is no longer in pain and is at peace, you'll be missed Shannon

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 09:10 AM »
I'd like to express my condolences to Shannon's family and to all here at JD who have lost their friend.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 09:42 AM »
It's one day later and I still don't know what to say...

My condolences to her son and father and the rest of her family and friends.  Shannon was a great gal and a good friend to so many folks here.  I feel like so many others have said that she is in a better place now without the pain.

Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to her family.   :'(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 09:46 AM »
What can I say about Shannon that hasn't already been said?  Even in her last days, she was worried about others and making sure everybody else was taken care of.  Even on Sunday she was still trying to crack little jokes.

She tried so hard to fight this -- Wonder Woman truly gave it everything she had.  Once she came home she never lost hope, but she made peace with her prognosis.

She was ready both physically and spiritually.  She went peacefully at her father's home, with her dad and myself there with her.  She visited with Aidan earlier that day and was able to hug and kiss him before he left.  She had some friends visit over the weekend and spoke with some others on the phone on Sunday.

I am so thankful that I was able to spend time talking with her these past few days -- let alone these past few months.  

Thanks to everyone who has pm'd me and called -- I really appreciate talking to you.

Goodbye Shannon Colleen -- remember:

Luminous beings are we -- not this crude matter

"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 09:52 AM »
I want to deeply express my condolences for Shannon. Even though I never really had a chance to really talk with her, I know how hard it will bbe for her family and friends. My grandmother just passed away unexpectedly on Friday morning, so I know how they will fell, and I'm just so sorry.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts and all that sappy stuff
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 10:30 AM »
I just heard the news and am deeply heart broken over such a loss.  God Bless her and her family.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 11:11 AM »
I'd like to offer my condolences as well.  There isn't much that can be said that hasn't been said - I met Shannon twice, interacted with her here in message board world, and always found her to be a wonderful person. 

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 11:36 AM »
I would like to give my condolences to Shannon's family and friends on this board and GH.  RIP Shannon. :'(

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 12:21 PM »
My condolences to the friends and family of Shannon. 

Rest in Peace Princess.

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Very hard news to hear, after reading about her up and downs, and always being inspired by the way she approached her illness and talked about it. I'm sorry for her family's loss, and everyone here who knew her as a friend.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 12:26 PM »
My condolences go out to her family as well. I never knew Shannon outside of the forums, but I always hear about what a kind and caring person she was. I know what it's like to have a close family member pass from cancer, so I have an idea of what her family is feeling. I hope they remain strong and always remember the good times they had with her.

RIP Shannon, you certainly didn'd deserve any of this.

:'(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 12:38 PM »
Wow, I just woke up and logged on to the main page, and there it was.. the anouncement. :'(
 I didn't ever know her personally, I don't really know any of you outside of the forums, but I can't help but feeling I've lost a good friend. My prayers going out to her family, especially her son, to have lost a close relative(on top of it being your mom) is always hard and is even worse seeing it happen to a child.

May the Lord watch over thee Shannon. :'(

Smarty.

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 01:12 PM »
I didn't really know Shannon, but I was reading her thread this morning and she seems like a great person.  My condolences go out to her family, and espically her son.  I lost my grandfather at 10, and that was terrible.  I can't imagine losing my mom then.
This idea just popped into my head.  Is her son a SW fan?  If so, maybe some of the customizers could send him a couple customs as a gift.  just a thought...
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 01:44 PM »
This was really hard to read this morning. I met Shannon at C3, and I always thought she was a great person...always very cheerful and friendly from the start. She also had a really, really funny t-shirt on, which is what I remember the most even now. I guess little things like that pop into your head when this sort of thing happens. This really is hard to deal with, but I take comfort in knowing that she is not in pain anymore, and that this wasn't a sudden thing. Hopefully she was able to put everything in order and say goodbye to everyone. She will certainly be missed.

May the Force be with you all.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram