Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586074 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3630 on: July 28, 2007, 03:30 PM »
If you want to really laugh you should read (tenike1's) myspace blog. It's truly fascinating.

Oh, my. . .

That guy is such an arrogant prick.  "I was the life of your forum."  Please, if he was anything like he is on the RS forums he's nothing more than a malcontent and no forum I've ever been a part of would miss the guy.

OH!  Even better, the kid is only 19?  That explains so much. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: July 29, 2007, 06:57 PM »
They had clear photos from the CIV presentation as well.  I'm guessing they just handed Curto a copy of PowerPoint file.  I wonder if they'd do it for other sites if you just asked?

E...

Hasbro handed out copies to most if not all collector site reporters that were in attendance.  You just have to ask.  I have a copy of the presentation from C4.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: July 29, 2007, 08:13 PM »
I'm sorry to those who I may be making accusations about, but if you indeed stabbed me in the back, I only have one thing to say to you: **** YOU! Why was I mislead and stabbed in the back for being yelled at? If anybody deserved to be beaten into the dirt, it was that piece of garbage den whom you all sided with. Why suck his greasy **** when he is the evil bastard who wronged me? You guys deserve each other if you believe it is okay to punish someone who did no wrong while praise the scumbag who abuses his power. I don't want to have anything to do with you if you thought it was right to do this.

From Tenike's blog.

::)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: July 29, 2007, 10:59 PM »
Wow.  Someone's a drama queen.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: July 30, 2007, 01:33 AM »
I was amused today when I saw links to RS's SDCC Hasbro pics with my son's face splattered all over them. My daughter was in there too but hardly visable. I asked them about it and they tell me they were looking at the figs when all of a sudden these people came up behind them and started taking picks like crazy. ;D Thanks to King Maul for the PIX!!

DS

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3635 on: July 30, 2007, 01:51 AM »
Looks like someone at RS has connections - those SDCC presentation images are too clear to have not been taken directly from the original Powerpoint.

What, like these:P

(yeah, they'll give site's press members a copy of their PPT file used in the presentation if you ask for it now)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 09:31 PM by Jeff »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: July 30, 2007, 07:13 PM »
Uhm....Mr Colman...your link isn't working very well. :-*
Beth

Offline MaxWedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: August 6, 2007, 12:04 AM »
Interesting times in the RS GG forum.  RS member "hunt4bounty" posted that he had 3 spare Bly bust for trade (here) and was promptly scolded by RS moderator "threedarths" to leave some for the rest of us.  Then threedarths is stupid enough to create a post in the GG thread whining that he was having a hard time with getting paid for the 4 he sold on eBay (here).  Didn't take someone long to see he was selling them for $220 each!  The war rages on, Philip has yet to weigh in....

::)
Wants - everything.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: August 6, 2007, 01:06 AM »
Thats gold.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: August 6, 2007, 01:13 AM »
Similar thing happened after Neyo came out.  A seller in Japan who had 16 of them posted in the classifieds that he wanted $220 each.  I had an extra Green and Malak which I tried to trade this guy.   He wasn't interested, and a third party came in, gave me $220 for my pair, which I sent to the guy in Japan.

Everyone was happy - I got my Neyo for the price of the Gree and Malak ($120), the guy in Japan got his $220, and the third guy got his busts for about $50 less than it would have cost him on eBay - but Phillip came in and locked the thread and banned the guy.

Meanwhile, even if I'd been paying straight out of pocket, this was still $70-$80 less than they were going for on eBay.

Oh well.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: August 6, 2007, 01:14 AM »
Interesting to see what happens as here are a couple priceless quotes from this thread.

And for that effort, you are branded a scalper forever in this forum.

If your entire motivation is to make money off fellow collectors, preventing them from bying that bust for $50, then you are worthless.

and the one that applies:

Fair warning. Anybody in this forum I find practicing scalping will lose their posting rights.

I'm not messing around with this. Stop the practice if you want to be part of this community.

E...

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3641 on: August 6, 2007, 01:24 AM »
Very interesting indeed, and apparantly threedarths needs to be let go from the site permanently...

To be fair, I agree with Philip on that.  If you're running a collecting site, you're not doing it so others can use it for profiting reasons...  I think Philip clearly missed the "point" of Rob's 3-way trade that worked out for everyone's best interests, but on the issue of scalping in general I think as an admin of a collecting site it's your job sort of to weed out the undesireables taking advantage of others...  Like I said though, it's gonna be interesting to see if what Philip said holds true because if that's the case then threedarth's is toast.

I don't know threedarths personally so I don't like/dislike the guy there...  It's just clealry a black and white issue where the owner of the site's laid down a very specific rule, he's stressed enforcement of it, and someone working there really has ****** up it seems and broke the rule clearly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: August 6, 2007, 02:18 AM »
Double standard?  Where, I don't see one.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: August 6, 2007, 07:31 AM »
I'm glad he is getting screwed on the deal, but I guess he got one of five sold.  You even have people on the site saying he didn't violate the collect to collect rules since the item is technically "sold out" after the convention where it was an exclusive.  However, there is that little thing called the GG raffle.  Therefore, it is available after the convention...and also in the upcoming raffle for the five packs.  He deserves to be banned for his own stupidity in my opinion.  It is one thing to scalp five busts (it is scalping no matter what anyone says...all this silly "market value" crap aside), but another to out your own self for doing and then to give someone else a problem about getting extra busts, especially when that person helped out the collecting community by offering them up for one to one trades.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: August 6, 2007, 03:09 PM »
The war rages on, Philip has yet to weigh in....

He has now the thread was  locked with this statement.
"As would never post private information about our site volunteers, I'm not going to post any details here about threedarths here.

However, it is true those volunteering for the site need to have a pretty high standard where things like this are concerned."

Wonder if Philip will follow though with his statements in other threads about banning anyone caught scalping? 

I feel sorry for Threedarths with the problem he has with his buyer but think he was stupid for saying what he did to hunt4bounty.