Author Topic: The Office  (Read 66059 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: The Office
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2007, 08:44 PM »
Answer.  How can you define this as the funniest show ever when you can't possibly have seen all the shows on TV in all languages.  A person would not have enough to time in their life to work and/i] see all of the world's funniest TV shows.  By using this logic, it is impossible to determine.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2007, 11:08 PM »
Answer.  How can you define this as the funniest show ever when you can't possibly have seen all the shows on TV in all languages.  A person would not have enough to time in their life to work and/i] see all of the world's funniest TV shows.  By using this logic, it is impossible to determine.

Um...its just a funny saying.  See, the joke is that you have no choice but to approve of the show.   ;)

Anyone know when tonight's episode will be avilable to watch online?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #182 on: October 19, 2007, 12:18 AM »
Answer.  How can you define this as the funniest show ever when you can't possibly have seen all the shows on TV in all languages.  A person would not have enough to time in their life to work and see all of the world's funniest TV shows.  By using this logic, it is impossible to determine.

Um...its just a funny saying.  See, the joke is that you have no choice but to approve of the show.   ;)

I think there was a different joke, and it just flew over your head.

Anyone know when tonight's episode will be avilable to watch online?

It's available right now, if you know where to look.

Anyway, I've been down on this season and these hour-long episodes, but I really liked this one.  Not enough Toby and Creed (but there's never enough of those guys).  The PowerPoint presentation was fantastic--some really quick, sharp writing. 

Be that as it may, I'll be glad to go back to the half-hour episodes.  Much tighter and funnier.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 19, 2007, 07:19 AM »
The way my day went yesterday, I'm not surprised the joke went right over my head.  Check out my new addition to my signature though.  I don't know why, but I about tossed my cookies laughing at that comment last night.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2007, 07:47 AM »
****, now I have to find a Scrantonicity 2 logo...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2007, 02:03 PM »
I am going to have to watch last night's episode again.  I didn't find the first viewing very funny.  Maybe I missed some stuff.  There were moments, but this year just has not been that funny IMO.  I liked last season more.  Hopefully the return of the half hour format will help.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #186 on: October 25, 2007, 04:58 PM »
New episode tonight!

LOCAL AD
9/8c TV14 (back to half-hour episodes again)

THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF ADVERTISING - When the Scranton branch is asked to participate in a Dunder Mifflin ad, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) seizes his chance to exhibit his creativity. Meanwhile, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) explores the online world of Second Life.

"When I was five, I imagined that there was such a thing as a unicorn.  And this was before I had even. . .  heard of one, or seen one. . .  I just. . .  drew a picture, of a horse, that could fly over rainbows, and had a huge spike in it's head.  I was five.  Five years old.  Couldn't even talk yet."
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 26, 2007, 01:50 AM »
"Break me off a piece of that Fancy Feast."

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 26, 2007, 06:51 AM »
Well, it was decent, but didn't have any just fall on your butt laughs.  There was potential with Dwight in 2nd Life, but Jim didn't really do anything with it.  I think that's what this season is missing, no pranks on Dwight.

Embrace the suck.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2007, 10:25 AM »
The big shocker was that Mike's commercial was more creative and memorable than the corporate one.  He should quit his day job and become a commercial producer.  Pam could do the graphics.  otherwise, I agree, no real LMAO laughs in the episode.  It was decent and had it's moments.  This season has had one good episode, one decent one and a couple of bombs IMO.  At least Scrubs was back on and was pretty good.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2007, 04:42 PM »
Kevin's Kool-Aid Man face:

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 26, 2007, 08:40 PM »
Oh Yeah!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #192 on: November 1, 2007, 08:30 PM »
New episode tonight!

BRANCH WARS
9/8c TV14

BATTLE OF THE BRANCHES - RASHIDA JONES ("Boston Public") GUEST STARS - When Karen (guest star Rashida Jones) tries to woo Stanley (Leslie David Baker) away from Scranton, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) fights back, dragging her ex, Jim (John Krasinski), into his war. Meanwhile, the existence of a "Finer Things Club" further disturbs Dunder Mifflin's calm.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 2, 2007, 02:30 AM »
"The eye is like the crotch of the head."

They need to have Karen on more, she's nice. 

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 2, 2007, 08:07 AM »
I give last night a decent review. I really enjoyed it and actually had some good laughs out of it.  Now, we just need to get Jim and Dwight against each other and all will be well.

"I need a want add.  I need a pudgy black man, with a big butt and even bigger heart."

Embrace the suck.