Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352165 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1095 on: March 3, 2009, 02:55 PM »
So a month or so back I picked up, at the KB clearance, the 2pack with Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin, and finally opened it the other night.  Does anyone else have an issue with Saesee where his head comes off?  It slides right off the peg.  I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a play feature, since the character is decapitated, or if its just that the glue didn't hold very well.  I'd be rather disappointed if its supposed be a play feature as the Galactic Heroes line is aimed at little kids and the head is a pretty small piece.

Anyone have a recommendation a type of glue to use?  Does superglue work alright on this type of plastic?
I am not the Stig

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 3, 2009, 03:12 PM »
Zap a Gap should work.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 4, 2009, 11:33 AM »
I noticed this report at RS showing/discussing "baggied" single packed Galactic Heroes, sold with a trading card (and in trading card fashion the way it looks).  Its certainly an interesting idea, and could be cool for kiddos creating a trading network for the little Galactic Heroes figures.  I have memories of my card collecting days of buying several packs or a box and having like 11 Darth Vaders or something :).

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 4, 2009, 12:09 PM »
I also have memories of my card collecting days and remember getting tired of it because you would spend so much money buying something without knowing what you were going to get and then ending up with multiples of the same thing and not any of another. That is the beauty of toy collecting. You know what you're getting. I'm not huge into GH stuff anyway, but I won't "randomly" buy these if I can buy a 2 pack where I know what I'm getting. If kids enjoy it then great, but I don't like it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 4, 2009, 12:18 PM »
I miss Garbage Pail Kids.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: March 4, 2009, 12:24 PM »
I miss Garbage Pail Kids.

They were awesome!!!! Did you ever see the movie? It is one of the worst movies ever.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 4, 2009, 12:34 PM »
I own it, but have never watched it.  I still remember when the Saturday morning show or toon was set to debut and it got banned due to all of the angry moms out there.  Was pretty bummed about that.  I still remember trading series one for a bunch of Joes....ahhh memories.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 5, 2009, 01:59 AM »
I noticed this report at RS showing/discussing "baggied" single packed Galactic Heroes, sold with a trading card (and in trading card fashion the way it looks).  Its certainly an interesting idea, and could be cool for kiddos creating a trading network for the little Galactic Heroes figures.  I have memories of my card collecting days of buying several packs or a box and having like 11 Darth Vaders or something :).

I have very recent memories of buying Galactic Heroes in totally clear window Cinema Scenes and having like 11 Darth Vaders.   :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 11, 2009, 12:53 PM »
I noticed the newer sets (Porkins X-Wing/Snowspeeder) are up at HTS right now, at $21.99 each, for anyone interested.  I have to say that the Snowspeeder set is one of my favorites of the line, and I look forward to if/when that AT-AT set is released.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 11, 2009, 05:31 PM »
I noticed the newer sets (Porkins X-Wing/Snowspeeder) are up at HTS right now, at $21.99 each, for anyone interested.  I have to say that the Snowspeeder set is one of my favorites of the line, and I look forward to if/when that AT-AT set is released.

Looks like they're calling Jek's droid "R5-D8", which is consistent with what's been used in the past.  I think reference seems to show the body with the horizontal panels blue [instead of red] and vertical panels down the side unpainted white [instead of red]... but Hasbro's almost certainly right to just toss R5-D4 in there and call it a day.  I'm happy.  Plus, maybe this is the thing that finally gets me to grab a paint brush and get working.  I've got at least one spare 2-leg R2-D2 that I'd love to turn into Wedge's or Biggs's droid.

What's list-keeper/ figure-counter policy for when Hasbo markets the same, not repainted, figure by two different character names?  Listed as a single R5-D4/R5-D8?  listed twice, as an R5-D4 and an R5-D8?

I'm not giving the X-wing to my boys, but I'd rather they had it instead of the electronic one.  The longer nose, always open foils, and detachable cannons all make it a little clumsy [but the sounds ROCK].  A Red 5 and generic-ish X-Wing both of the smaller mold would have made a better pair than their 2 Red 5s.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 16, 2009, 03:16 PM »
So over the weekend I picked up the Padme and Jedi JarJar set, the Duros and Snoot Nose, and the Luminara and SBD sets.  Very cool all around, except Padme.  She has very bend legs and her left foot is something of a club foot and doesn't lay flat, so she's very tipsy.

I also saw the ATAT Driver and General Veers set.  I hadn't seen them in a while.  I already had one, so I didn't go for it.  I wonder if its being re-released in anticipation of an ATAT????
I am not the Stig

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 17, 2009, 03:09 AM »
Saw Jar Jar, Luminara, and Spider Droid sets earlier today at a local WM (the bubble was crushed on each one  :().

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 17, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Saw Jar Jar, Luminara, and Spider Droid sets earlier today at a local WM (the bubble was crushed on each one  :().

Weird, I saw Jar Jar and Mace* for the first time yesterday, and the bubble was also crushed on both. 

I'm not thrilled with the thinner parts, more articulation direction of the GH line lately.  If a GH figure can't stand or might break, what's the point of Galactic Heroes? 

*Edited to correct that I, of course, saw Mace, not Luminara... who obviously would have been worth picking up.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:34 AM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 17, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Is Luminara new?  Pretty sure I already have a SBD as well.

I'm not thrilled with the thinner parts, more articulation direction of the GH line lately.  If a GH figure can't stand or might break, what's the point of Galactic Heroes? 

I read somewhere that the Robot Heroes are going to be getting more articulation so I suppose the same might be true for this line.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 17, 2009, 10:54 AM »
Is Luminara new?  Pretty sure I already have a SBD as well.

Luminara is new and I'm pretty sure the SBD has a new 'rocket launcher' arm.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!