Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 476437 times)

Offline GGPiKE

• Youngling
  • ppka
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 01.02.06
« Reply #1515 on: January 3, 2006, 12:07 PM »
GGPike, the Lethiss figure is kind of tall, I didn't do anything to shorten him.  I figure he just might be a tall guy like Durge.  For Mubaas, I figure the terrorists "borrow" items all the time - from weapons to armor, to whatever they can get their hands on.  Good to see you're still here some.  Any chance on a new photonovel update from you?

:P

Chewie, yep I'm still working on the photonovel. I just don't get a lot of time to work on it in one sitting. Oh and for Rykrof, the clones did use their Kama's with jetpacks. Star Wars Insider . . . whatever the clone issue was said it protected the backs of their legs against backwash from the jetpack . . . . the kama is sort of like a flexible armor.  ;)

Actually, here's a shot of Republic Intelligence I'm working on right now!  :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 01.03.06
« Reply #1516 on: January 3, 2006, 12:32 PM »
That's a great pic - is that a modified Shmi head on a Luminara body?  Looks like one of those giant GI JOE vehicles in the background.  Awesome.

As for the kama, yeah I saw that too from a few other guys at RS.  Oh well, I think I prefer it without the kama on this one.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: January 3, 2006, 12:41 PM »
Whooee, that looks like it'll be awesome. I think I need to throw together a couple Intelligence officers/soldiers, since I mention them so much in my photonovels.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline GGPiKE

• Youngling
  • ppka
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 3, 2006, 04:29 PM »
That's a great pic - is that a modified Shmi head on a Luminara body?  Looks like one of those giant GI JOE vehicles in the background.  Awesome.

As for the kama, yeah I saw that too from a few other guys at RS.  Oh well, I think I prefer it without the kama on this one.

Yep, it's a Shmi head with some modified hair from ROTS Agen Kolar. GIJoe vehicle, yes but shhh. . . only thing I had laying around to fit the purpose. Hope it's not too obvious. Supposed to be in a desert, Tatooine-ish climate on Zonju-V. Thinking about just having it as a Jawa Sand Crawler sort of thing. I'll never show the whole vehicle though. Just hint at the size of it or something.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2006, 04:32 PM by GGPiKE »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: January 3, 2006, 06:00 PM »
With a few modifications that MCC could make a great 1:1 scale sandcrawler.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: January 3, 2006, 06:30 PM »
Great new group of customs, Chewie!

LETHISS: I want to like Lethiss the most; but for some reason I'm not able to see the detail on him. The helmet came out fantastic. Even though he's a bit tall, I like it; not everyone stands at 3.75 inch. Besides, the Mando you had in the Durge armor was a big guy too.

FUUDA: I like that you brought in a family member of Trigg's to seek revenge on Rykrof...and the design is really cool, as is the salvaged armor idea. The SAGA 2006 Bib head is cool, but man, he keeps his mouth open a lot. :D

HIGH FLYIN' RYKROF: I like the colors you used. This is a good custom and I like it, but after the last two Rykrof's you whipped up, it's hard to get excited about this one. This almost seems like a step backwards, creatively speaking, especially after the incredible Rykrof in battle gear. Still, it fits in well with the story and the universe, and is well done. I like it.

I'm going to second the notion that it's time for Rykrof to show some gray. It's been what, fifteen years since he was introduced? Personally, I would have liked to have seen him lose a hand to Ventress on Dathomir...he seems to come through these fracas relatively unscathed, physically.

Great work!

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #1521 on: January 3, 2006, 07:16 PM »
CHEWIE you used my jet pack clone idea didnt you? ;) i guess great minds think alike.
For all of u who havn't seen what im talking bout.

;D but anyway good execution CHEWIE as always.
The paint job on rykrof is great, 1? though. Did you drybrush silver on or did you paint silver underneath the blue,and then scratch it off to give it the real feal of it being chipped?
What ever you did I may have to do that to my troops I've done. If I can get a hold of some more clones I may redo my squad using your techniques(sp?). :D
« Last Edit: January 3, 2006, 07:33 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: January 3, 2006, 09:44 PM »
Darth Delicious - Thanks buddy.  I appreciate all the feedback, sorry on Lethiss the pics aren't as clear as they could be.  Hopefully when he makes his mark on the photonovel series the pics will come out better.  I really didn't do too much to the existing figure actually.

As for Rykrof, I totally understand that this version isn't the most dynamic one.  The ones I showed earlier with the kama are still a ways off in the series, I kind of jumped ahead of myself in showing them already.  This jetpack version will appear sooner than the kama version.  And I'll probably add some gray to the kama versions for sure.

Smarty - Absolutely, your version was an inspiration.  I remembered someone making some sort of design like that, but I couldn't remember who.  Thanks for reminding me.

On the "paint chipping" all that is would be a bit of white paint dabbed on there in little speckles, then  I did a black wash over the entire figure.  Then sealed with an acrylic matte seal.

Also, here's an update on my W.I.P. foamcore diorama for this month's customizing challenge -

Offline GGPiKE

• Youngling
  • ppka
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: January 3, 2006, 10:38 PM »
Chewie, I haven't worked with foamboard since highschool . . . any chance you could tell us how you go about cutting it? I had tried a couple times, but even with a ruler had a rough time getting straight lines. Maybe I need to not be in a hurry when I do it, but any tips would help! (Tools, glue type, etc) Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 3, 2006, 10:38 PM by GGPiKE »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: January 3, 2006, 10:57 PM »
Chewie, I haven't worked with foamboard since highschool . . . any chance you could tell us how you go about cutting it? I had tried a couple times, but even with a ruler had a rough time getting straight lines. Maybe I need to not be in a hurry when I do it, but any tips would help! (Tools, glue type, etc) Thanks!

An exacto knife with a brand new blade, for starters...I'm sure Justin can elaborate.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: January 3, 2006, 11:35 PM »
GGPike, For me, having a large enough workspace is the idea way to go about this - it's the most important tool.  If I start feeling clausterphobic, I'm screwed. 

So here's my method and supplies needed.

1. Do this while my wife is not home.

2. Use a fold up table, with a hard plastic top to it that can get scratched up.

3. Get a few pieces of large foamcore, preferably ones that are not warped at all and have clean, pointy edges.

4. Use a long ruler, and draw whatever lines you want for cutting - straight lines are definitely the easiest.

5. Use a very sharp exacto blade - I used the box cutters where you can snap off a blade each time you make a long cut.  I do this to keep the blade sharp, because a dull blade has a hard time cutting through foamcore cleanly.

6. Then use a hot glue gun to piece everything together.

I still have a lot of work to do on this, but will hopefully have one more update on it this week.

Thanks!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: January 4, 2006, 12:22 AM »
And now as a further example of my additiction, I was compelled to make one quick custom figure tonight so here it is, a custom Gonk.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 01.04.06
« Reply #1527 on: January 4, 2006, 12:25 AM »
GONK-Gonk! Gonk, gonk, gonk!

:)

I Love Gonks!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: January 4, 2006, 12:31 AM »
Uh-Oh. Someone gave the Gonk a thermal detonator. This could be trouble.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: January 4, 2006, 10:25 AM »
He's a walking Gonk-Bomb.   :)