Author Topic: Urban Legends  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Urban Legends
« on: August 5, 2003, 01:35 PM »
Most of you are aware of those crazy stories that some people try to pass off as real and in turn create a "thats true" mentality.  We've heard of the alligators in the sewers of NY and how the kid from Life Cereal (Mikey) died from mixing Pop Rocks and Coke.  How about some more?  And are there any out there that may have a bit of truth to them.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Urban Legends
« Reply #1 on: August 5, 2003, 01:38 PM »
Paul from the Wonder Years is Marilyn Manson

I had people convinced in college that Screech from Saved By the Bell Died...Damn you Celebrity Boxing!

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #2 on: August 5, 2003, 01:57 PM »
Star Wars figures can't be found at retail because SCALPERS buy them all up, not other collectors or kids  :P

There is also the urban legend that each time a case of toys is unpacked the cardbender yeti comes out of the endcaps and folds the cards of your favorite figures!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 5, 2003, 02:47 PM »
Urban Legends

Proves or debunks the majority of the urban legends out there today and are always updating their site.  Everything from C-3PO's wanker to Hanging Munchin

Good stuff.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2003, 02:48 PM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: August 5, 2003, 03:13 PM »
Oh yeah that site rules, hours of fun looking through things there

I also noticed that Jim's site also has Urban legends and the Darwin winners must be verified etc...that is a cool site as well

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 6, 2003, 04:13 PM »
I have heard so many Urban Legends growing up most are on that site.  THe thing they have on "OZ" through I feel still leaves open the legend that the producer's/director's son hanged himself on camrea.  Reason why I say it leaves it open is because the footage they show and where they tell you to look is not where the hanging can be seen.  
In my senior year of HS my Econ. teacher had us watch "WoO" since it was related to money and told us about the hanging.  Some students pointed out what was seen at the site.  I went home and showed my familiy but after viewing it over and over again (10 times) I saw it was in fact a bird.  I viewed the scene again and noticed somehting on the opposite side where the bird was behind the porch of the house which looked like someone falling and stoping a few feet off the ground.