Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 236539 times)

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #930 on: July 9, 2024, 12:24 PM »
And I'm not sure there are any figure pack-ins that would make a Death Star a must have for people that were on the fence.

I've been thinking the same thing. Unless they add all the Imperial Dignitaries as a base or tiers to a Death Star project.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2024, 12:26 PM by StBrianOfMinneapolis »
Macklunkey!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #931 on: July 9, 2024, 12:35 PM »
I'm not sure there are any figure pack-ins that would make a Death Star a must have for people that were on the fence.

I've been thinking the same thing. Unless they add all the Imperial Dignitaries as a base or tiers to a Death Star project.

Yeah, I guess maybe Sim Aloo would be the only one that might move the needle?

I agree though that the next TVC HasLab is more than likely going to go back to a big vehicle, probably from a more current source (Bad Batch's Marauder, the Jedi T-6 from Ahsoka, Luthen's ship from Andor - especially if it turns up in Season 2).
« Last Edit: July 9, 2024, 12:36 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 9, 2024, 12:38 PM »
Well, the Marauder did get completely blown up, so it fits the profile.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #933 on: July 9, 2024, 12:44 PM »
Thanks for doing the Math on this Jeff.  I was just looking at thos numbers and Hasbro pulled in somewhere between $5.9 Million and $7.4 Million.

As far as a big Item I'd like to see, I'm still holding out hope for a Rogue One Imperial Cargo Shuttle.  Might be the only way we get the rest of the Rogue One squad.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 9, 2024, 06:59 PM »
And I'm not sure there are any figure pack-ins that would make a Death Star a must have for people that were on the fence.

If they did dignitaries as unlocks and we got a few of them and not others I'd be super annoyed. 

I want a 7 pack or however many there were.  Re-use as many parts as you want, Hasbro...

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 10, 2024, 07:34 AM »
I think they should do a BMF-level Lambda class shuttle.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 10, 2024, 01:01 PM »
As for "What's Next?" in terms of a big ticket item?  Or a Haslab?  I think those could be conversations that are distinct from one another.

BIG VEHICLE FOR RETAIL
I think it's still possible.  The Mandalorian's N1 starfighter seems to have done reasonably well.  Hasbro also took the plunge with the E-Wing from AHSOKA.  And both of those came with a price tag over $100.

But what might be a good candidate for retail now?  There are a number of vehicles that have been made before which have never been offered in TVC.  And I wonder how much the community would embrace an upgraded version of a previously released vehicle.  Would people want an improved TVC Darth Vader TIE, Jedi Starfighter or A-Wing?

And equally, there are vehicles that haven't been made before in the starfighter line - the Outland TIE, TIE R/B, Pirate Snub fighter, or the RP82 Fiend Fighter.

Larger vehicles might be an option.  The ones that come to mind are an upgraded U-Wing, or Luthen Rael's Fondor Haulcraft.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #937 on: July 10, 2024, 01:50 PM »
Would people want an improved TVC Darth Vader TIE, Jedi Starfighter or A-Wing?

Definitely agree that the Mando N-1 proved there is still room at retail for the smaller ships.  I think there is room for them at regular retail (or at least "fan channel") all the way up to $200 or so like the Slave I repaint(s).

My interpretation of your question would be "do people want an improved TVC Darth Vader TIE, Jedi Starfighter or A-Wing for $100?  $100-125 seems to be the going rate for a starfighter sized ship these days for better or worse (Merrick's X-Wing, E-Wing, Mando N-1). 

I'd probably be down for an all-new tooled Vader's TIE for $100 if it were detailed enough but I think I'd be a "wait for clearance" guy on a new A-Wing or Jedi Starfighter at those prices.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 10, 2024, 02:34 PM »
My interpretation of your question would be "do people want an improved TVC Darth Vader TIE, Jedi Starfighter or A-Wing for $100?  $100-125 seems to be the going rate for a starfighter sized ship these days for better or worse (Merrick's X-Wing, E-Wing, Mando N-1). 

I'd probably be down for an all-new tooled Vader's TIE for $100 if it were detailed enough but I think I'd be a "wait for clearance" guy on a new A-Wing or Jedi Starfighter at those prices.

I'm really not that interested in all new versions of Darth's TIE, etc. for $100.  I might begrudgingly buy them, but that isn't really anything I'm that interested in.  They can re-release the old ones if they feel they need to get back in circulation, but I'd like to see all new items like the Mando N-1, E-Wing.  I'd love to see them do a bunch of vehicles/playsets in this $100-$150 range assuming they're all new (Rebel Transport would be awesome).

As for the next "big" HasLab item, I'm not sure there is an obvious choice when it comes to vehicles.  If Hasbro felt that this was a success I'd still like to see a modular Death Star as the next playset, but I'm not sure there is any particular big vehicle that needs to be made.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 10, 2024, 04:47 PM »
Could see an Ewok Village as another good candidate if they think this went well.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 10, 2024, 05:19 PM »
Could see an Ewok Village as another good candidate if they think this went well.

Oh yeah.  I'd love that.  Not sure it needs to be $400 big and cool, but it'd probably need to be more than $150.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 10, 2024, 06:19 PM »
Yeah you could certainly see it being Cantina sized more or less, but taller... with a handful of ewoks and hopefully a few that haven't been made before.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 11, 2024, 06:40 AM »
They really need to work on the pack-ins/tiers next time.

Wuher was a given.  Tonnika sisters sold the set.  While Greedo is iconic to the scene, we have so many of him.  The other two we also had, while not as nicely detailed as the tiered version.

That brings us to items like the Death Star or a Star Destroyer.  Nothing jumps out at me for tiers for either one.  Even all the Imperial Dignitaries don't move the meter all that much.  Even a dianoga for the trash compactor has been done before.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 11, 2024, 11:00 AM »
Wuher was a given.  Tonnika sisters sold the set.  While Greedo is iconic to the scene, we have so many of him.  The other two we also had, while not as nicely detailed as the tiered version.

The Wolf Man was all new no?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #944 on: July 11, 2024, 11:35 AM »

The Wolf Man was all new no?

I saw quite a few people who mistook Arleil as a resculpt of POTJ Lak Sivrak when they are two different characters.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 11:36 AM by Jeff »