Author Topic: Clone Wars Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary wave  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Clone Wars Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary wave
« on: April 20, 2021, 10:55 AM »
Check out the news from the official site:  BEGUN THE CLONE WARS HAVE IN HASBRO’S STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES — EXCLUSIVE

ANAKIN SKYWALKER, OBI-WAN KENOBI, AND MORE FROM THE ANIMATED SERIES JOIN THE ACTION FIGURE LINE CELEBRATING LUCASFILM'S 50TH ANNIVERSARY.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Clone Wars Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary wave
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 11:09 AM »
Jayson is saying these are the mysterious TBS 6" Target exclusives he's been tracking for a while now.  Pop over to Yakface for the DPCIs -

https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2021/04/20/new-6-black-series-clone-wars-figures-revealed/
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 11:13 AM »
Pretty sweet, although I wish they would have selected a different figure than Obi-Wan.  We've already got him in clone armor (although different) and could have used something else.  Lots of good things to choose from that they haven't already created like any version of Padme - Snow Bunny is my favorite from that era.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 11:16 AM »
Thanks, Jeff.  I thought that might be the case.  It sure would have been nice for that particular detail to make its way into the article.

I think that Echo looks amazing!  And Hawk is a cool addition to the Clone ranks.  When I had seen the leak from Jayson I suspected that the Obi-Wan Kenobi he was mentioning might be a Clone Wars version like this one.  Mostly because it seems like Hasbro had covered every other rendition of him up to this point in time... at least until the Obi-Wan Kenobi limited series comes out.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 01:01 PM »
Ugh, Target exclusive. Guess it's eBay for me with these.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 01:56 PM »
The exclusive status is definitely annoying.  Bright side?  I have been able to find the Best Buy Episode I exclusive wave of Black Series figures.  So hopefully these will ship in quantity, too.

But one thing about these figures irks me - notably Anakin and Obi-Wan.  Because in the past year Hasbro offered both Anakin and Obi-Wan, albeit as reissues, in these exact same looks in The Vintage Collection.  It feels like we're either seeing poor character placement/planning in the line, or a shortage of versions of main characters that remain to be made.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 05:48 PM »
Do we know if these will be available online, and available for pre-orders ahead of the May 4th in store release date?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 06:27 PM »
I found 4 Hawks on the pegs at the store nearest me today, no sign of any other figures. Nothing at any of the other stores I checked either. Well, at least I got one of them.  :-\
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 09:45 AM »
Early morning toy run!

Thanks to a tip from a fellow collector I was able to stop off this morning and get 2 more of the figures. (Anakin and Echo) I had to have someone from Toys pull them from the back but they were super nice about it. This store did not have any Kenobis yet but said they were on the way.

Interesting that they are getting solid case packs, I think maybe six to a case of each figure.

Three down, one to go. Happy hunting!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 11:19 PM »
Yakface posted the bar codes for each figure, so I scanned them at two different Targets today. Both said all 4 figures were unavailable to purchase, no stock in the back.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 04:13 PM »
Was at my local Target last night (Tuesday night) and was able to score an Anakin.

The employee who helped me told me that Echo and Hawk would be arriving today (Wednesday) and recommended that I stop by at lunch time since the truck would not be emptied until mid-day.

I get to my store, their hand-held scanners indicated that they did indeed get the cases, apparently posts were made to a SubReddit (not sure what the name is) saying that they had them at my store and now the store shows as having 0 on hand.

So either someone at the employee level has taken them and hidden them; or between 8AM and 1PM, they sold three 12 each of Hawk and Echo.

I loathe Target exclusives...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2021, 04:46 PM »
I had the same experience yesterday.  :'(

In this case I kinda wish they would register block them until Sunday when they're supposed to be put out and then we can all have a shot at them if we're willing to get to Target at 7AM. 

Hopefully this is like a standard Target exclusive and there will be enough to go around eventually.  Although I hope this isn't like the past few retro releases they've done for Father's Day where they've had super limited quantities that I've never seen in store.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2021, 05:11 PM »
I checked a couple of stores today.  Nothing to be found in either the action figure aisle or in the collectibles section that's next to electronics.  Although I did find TVC figures in that section.  It's worth checking there in your area stores.  As for the bar codes?  I scanned them all and all I got as an "N/A" stock status.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2021, 06:05 PM »
I picked up Obi-Wan this morning to complete the set. Major sigh of relief. I was legit worried about being able to find these at all. They all look marvelous on the Clone Wars cards...hope we get some more like this.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 09:02 AM »
I picked these all up as well (2 Mon. and 2 Tues). Glad it was a relatively easy process. Hope they are plentiful on Sunday for the others that want them.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within