Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 282498 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #840 on: August 27, 2004, 02:08 PM »
Just picked up the 5 Fellowship figs from TRU, Elrond is almost spooky he looks so real.  Amazing work by Toy Biz, truly top shelf

No Lurtz that I saw

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 28, 2004, 05:41 PM »
Does anyone know where I can see close up pics of this new wave of figures?  I am trying to decide whether or not to get Gil Galad and Elendil.  I don’t visit any LOTR collecting sites, so I haven’t seen any decent pictures yet.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #842 on: August 29, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Oh look, news from GD:

Hey folks, just got word from the folks at Toybiz that they will be announcing their 2005 line very soon (this means probably within the next month). Stay tuned right here for the latest. Additionally, we also have confirmation from Toybiz that there are no further plans to continue the Rotocast figure past Assortment 4. This is bad news for what appeared to be a very promising line. Hopefully yhey will change their minds at some point, but that is unlikely.

---------

It's not like anybody gave a flying **** about the rotocast line anyway.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 29, 2004, 03:09 PM »
I was able to pick up Coronation Gimli at TRU but passed on Shelob.  She was pretty well stuffed in that little package (not the reason I didn't get her, I just don't like spiders  :) ). 
Gimli's robe is not blue as shown in the preliminary pictures.  I like the purple they used but was looking forward to the blue more.  (I'm not sure which one is more screen accurate).  All in all, the line is looking fantastic and I await the next wave, especially SP Boromir!!
Beth

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 31, 2004, 03:03 PM »
I was just over browsing the LOTRGuide.com forums, and it looks as if a 10-pack has shown up in England, with the Fellowship figures (same as always) and the Peter Jackson figure.  You can see discussion and more pics over there.  Here's a sample:

There is also a sample up on EBAY (UK)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 03:04 PM by mosnab »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #845 on: August 31, 2004, 03:15 PM »
That's pretty cool, we'll probably see this too around Christmas

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 1, 2004, 04:43 PM »
So I didn't buy the Mouth of Sauron set when it showed up here, because I wanted to get it in the US, much cheaper, even with exchange.  You think I could find it?  Noooooooooo. 

Found the Trilogy ROTK ring wraith today.  Only that and a gollum left from the box :-\  Missed Arwen, pity.  Maybe later this week. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 2, 2004, 11:12 AM »
Apparently, TTT Series 3 is starting to show up in Canada....hopefully it won't be too long until they get here.  Some people might not be looking forward to this wave much, but I'm still waiting to get an Aragorn and Frodo for my collection, and I like the looks of these upcoming two.  The entire wave is up for bid on ebay now the way it looks, clicky here

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 2, 2004, 11:17 AM »
Also...just read at the LOTRGuide.com forums that the Fellowship pack with Peter Jackson figure is a Woolworth's exclusive for the UK.  I don't know what that means for us here in the states, but just thought I'd pass that along.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 2, 2004, 02:42 PM »
Apparently, TTT Series 3 is starting to show up in Canada....hopefully it won't be too long until they get here.  Some people might not be looking forward to this wave much, but I'm still waiting to get an Aragorn and Frodo for my collection, and I like the looks of these upcoming two.  The entire wave is up for bid on ebay now the way it looks, clicky here

Haven't seen those yet Brian.  I continue to see, and miss, LOTR-ROTK trilogy figures.  I did pick up another two ring wraiths today, leaving behind a Gimli this time, but still no Arwen for me. 

The appearance of these and other figures is really frustrating.  A couple of retailers are carrying them, but so much space is being eaten by Teen Titans crap all over the place.  One peg of LOTR, one peg of SW OTC, two pegs of Marvel Legends, but only due to size and 24 pegs for Teen Titans.  Who is buying this stuff, some loser DC fan? >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #850 on: September 2, 2004, 02:44 PM »
I wonder that same thing, two whole sides of a TRU X-Display (out of 8) at the local TRU is taken up by Spider-Man toys that as far as I can tell aren't selling worth a damn.  Its amazing...utterly amazing that they have no clue

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 2, 2004, 02:44 PM »
That is something I noticed as well, tons of space for the Teen Titans stuff.  I will admit, I have seen the kiddos looking at them a fair amount though.  It is frustrating though, the LOTR presence in the stores seems to be getting smaller and smaller anymore, at least around here.  Star Wars is getting more attention right now, but I wonder how it will be once 2006ish rolls around.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 2, 2004, 02:49 PM »
Agreed, kids are looking at them. 

But to my shame, I'm in certain stores often enough to notice that sales are miserable.  Oh sure, some things sell, but realistically, not at the rate that either SW or LOTR is selling right now, presumably due to shortness of supply. 

I know full well, that in spite of my biases, SW/LOTR will peg warm at a certain point, but largely due to crappy case assortments or poor ordering on the part of the retailer.  I guarantee Teen Titans will be on clearance fairly soon.  It is not moving, but continues to expand its range. 

Yu-Gi-Oh, Power Rangers, and others are the bane of my existence.  Entire walls at TRU. 

On the bright side, Wally has started to clear Spiderman stuff now.  Could have picked up a giant 67 point spidey for $15 CAD today :o  But where would I put that ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 2, 2004, 03:01 PM »
Yeah, the Spidey stuff is starting to thin out a little around here now too, much of it on clearance.  I know that Target had the 18 incher on sale for around 10 bucks a week after my wife gave it to me for my birthday (she paid $20).  Great deal for $10 I'd have to say.  It is big, but well worth it I think, pretty cool for Spidey fans anyways.  He's posed right next to our computer on top of our file cabinet right now:

Anyways, this is the LOTR thread....so back on topic now ;).  Hmmm...here's a topic, isn't Toy Biz supposedly announcing their 2005 plans sometime soon?  I thought I read that somewhere.  Ok, now we're back on topic :)
« Last Edit: September 2, 2004, 03:01 PM by mosnab »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #854 on: September 2, 2004, 11:27 PM »
Look kids, another reason Toy Biz sucks!

TTT wave 3:
3 x SP Frodo
3 x SP Aragorn
3 x Boromir
2 x Isengard Orc
1 x Gamling

Why? Why a one per case figure in a case of twelve? Why? WHY?
They could have used one of those damn Frodos or Aragorns, but that would have required taking their heads out of their asses.

It's a damn shame this company has lines like ML and LOTR, and ***** on the fans at every turn.
Aren't there enough Frodos and Aragorns on the pegs from the first Trilogy waves? I swear, F&A are becoming the Wolverine and Spider-Man of the LOTR line, and that's not a good thing. [/whiny rant]
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk