Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 338924 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #375 on: August 9, 2010, 10:35 PM »
A couple of Walmarts have started to reset around here. No Jabbas, but one thing of interest is the General Grievous Force Battler. For some reason I haven't seen this guy anywhere else yet. It doesn't appear to be any kind of exclusive though, and it's $2 more expensive than the Battlers at Target, so I am thinking I should wait.

Still no sighting of TCW Fall Wave 2 or the K-Mart Exclusive pack.  :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 10, 2010, 09:13 PM »
Found the new Slave I / Jedi Starfighter battle pack at TRU tonight for $99. It comes with five figures.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 11, 2010, 01:16 AM »
Found the new Slave I / Jedi Starfighter battle pack at TRU tonight for $99. It comes with five figures.

Wow, that's 1 more figure than we would normally see in a normal BP... and this one includes 2 vehicles!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 11, 2010, 09:12 AM »

FTW!

You magnificent bastard, I salute you!  ;D

Well done, that is completely awesome. Was this just some insane fluke, or did they actually have shelf space and a tag set up for it?

My buddy at TRU indicated there is a coming reset where the TCW stuff is due to be moved up to the front of the store, similar to last year at this time. Maybe they will actually be able to coordinate that with their hot new exclusive? (Yeah, I doubt it too)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 11, 2010, 08:38 PM »
I picked up an opener Kmart Exclusive Clone Commando Squad tonight.

Just like with the Holocron Heist set, I picked up this set to open mainly for the game cards - there are three unique game cards with this set - the Clone Pilot, the Space Clone Trooper and the ARF Trooper cards are all unique. The only repeat card is the one that comes with Snow Rex.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 16, 2010, 07:20 PM »
Still no sign of TCW Wave 2 here, not even remnants.

Saw another Obi-Wan w/side-car at a far away TRU, but once again - no Mandalorian w/Speeder. Do I really just keep missing this or is Obi part of some weird case assortment revision?

Finally hit paydirt at a heretofore unvisited K-Mart about 25 minutes out of town. Snagged both a minty Jodo Kast as well as the Commando Squad exclusive. YESSSSSS!  ;D

I'll have to look closer, but the Clone Pilot and ARF Trooper appear to have slightly different paint apps from what I recall on the carded figures. Either way, I felt good about picking this up.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 18, 2010, 10:42 AM »
Picked up one each of the Clone Wars Wave 2 figures this morning.

Looks like they only got in one case.

Found them at a WalMart and it's the first sighting of them that I'm aware of in my general area.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:43 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 18, 2010, 10:46 PM »
Looks like a good day all around for Clone Wars enthusiasts...I scored all my Wave 2 figures as well!

One of the local Walmarts put out 4 cases of these!  :o I had them all lined up neatly in stacks so I could go through each figure and pick the best cards and paint apps. Man, that was sweet. Don't think I am buying any openers for this wave, as I really need to cut back and none of these bowl me over really. Still very nice to have all. Good upgrades on Mace and Kit.

Just need that elusive Mando w/Speeder Bike and I am good to go. (And the Fett UBP, whenever it shows up here)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 24, 2010, 02:29 AM »
Found all of Wave 1 for the very first time at a 100% restocked Target, and I was already impressed just by looking at the figures in their packaging (I didn't have money to buy any). I like the effort put into Grievous, he seems to be a great figure, but I was clinging to that Aurra Sing - boy, what a testament to the skill Hasbro can put in - when they feel like it.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 24, 2010, 10:39 AM »
Stopped by TRU when they opened this morning to hunt for the Boba Fett UBP. There were none on the pegs (yet) but I did see another Obi-Wan w/BARC Speeder, which is the pack-in with the Mando Speeder set I have been searching for fruitlessly.

Not anymore!  ;D

Turns out the guy I know who works there stashed one for me in the back when he saw them out this past weekend. Sweet. So he brought it out for me and I bought that sucker immediately. Nice score, love the set. Even though it looks like my guy has 2 left legs and the pistols are both bent sideways.  ::)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 24, 2010, 02:45 PM »
Went to a WalMart I don't normally hit during a long lunch hour and I was hoping to find Jabba, but instead I found the two sets from Clone Wars Deluxe Wave 2 - I already opened up the Mandalorian w/Speeder - what a great set, I definitely want to pick up another two or three of these to open.
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 27, 2010, 10:53 AM »
Picked up today:

1x Slave I Ultimate Battle Pack
1x Mandalorian w/Speeder Bike Deluxe
Peter

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 27, 2010, 08:27 PM »
I took the plunge on the Rise of Boba Fett ultimate battle pack today.  And there goes the collecting budget for now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 28, 2010, 12:53 AM »
I took the plunge on the Rise of Boba Fett ultimate battle pack today.  And there goes the collecting budget for now.

I hear ya Nick - I went from spending almost nothing for two weeks straight and then all of a sudden in one day, I spend close to $400!  :o

And I wasn't even able to get a second Slave I UBP in that tally....

I may hold off a bit before I pick up my second one - the one I got has some dings on it, but I could live with them for my MIB collection. If I find one in pristine condition, I'll pull the trigger, otherwise, I'll wait a bit - I still need to find an opener of Jabba for my collection too!
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 31, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Sweet sassy molassey, TRU had the motherlode this morning!

TVW ROTS Wave, New Legacy 2-packs, and best of all - The Rise of Boba Fett UBP!

I could have dropped $200 in there easy...if I actually had it. I don't get paid again until Friday though, and since there was only 1 UBP on the shelf, I did not want to risk the wait. Hard choices time.

I spent a lot of time organizing my collection the past few days, and I ca,e to realize it is already out of hand. I had to draw the line somewhere, so TVC figures are now out, much as I love them and the spiffy cardbacks.

So I bit the bullet and returned most of my TVC Wave 1 figures to TRU, and with the $$$ I got back I was able to score the Boba Fett UBP and the Legacy of Grievous 2-pack I wanted.

LOVE the Boba Fett UBP...I am just cringing to take it out of the box.