Author Topic: The Mandalorian - Season 2 (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 2285 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: The Mandalorian - Season 2 (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #105 on: December 6, 2020, 10:22 PM »
Awesome episode all around.  This show is killing up it, and I love just about every minute of it.

Small nitpick... I’m a little hung up on the idea that Boba Fett couldn’t just get his armor back from Cobb Vanth.

Also, agreeing with Jeff.  It would be too easy and too much for me if Mando just ends up with Slave I.  I’m hoping eventually Boba Fett and him part ways and Slave I just stays Fett’s.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2020, 10:23 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 7, 2020, 06:35 AM »
Also, agreeing with Jeff.  It would be too easy and too much for me if Mando just ends up with Slave I.  I’m hoping eventually Boba Fett and him part ways and Slave I just stays Fett’s.

I feel the same way.  Having Din Djarin taking Slave I for his own just doesn't sit well.  And I see the potential for a series to follow Boba Fett off on some other adventures down the line.  But could Boba Fett come into contact with more Mandalorians down the line?  He doesn't seem inclined to follow the Mandalorian Creed, but maybe that could change...

It seems clear that Din Djarin is headed towards a direct conflict with Moff Gideon.  Between Gideon's part in the Great Purge and his abduction of Grogu, Mando has plenty of reason to go after him.  I don't think it was a coincidence that Din Djarin wound up with the Beskar spear, or that we learned that it can deflect a lightsaber.  Will he face off against Gideon using the Beskar spear?  And could he potentially walk away with the Darksaber? 

I also keep coming back to Din Djarin continuing to make contact with other Mandalorians - the Armorer, the Tribe, Bo Katan and the Nite Owls, even Boba Fett.  Is he destined for something greater?  Could he be instrumental in bringing the Mandalorians together?

I definitely see the potential for someone REALLY owing something to Mando, and him getting a ship out of the deal!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 7, 2020, 09:36 AM »
One thing that isn't clear to me is the rarity of beskar on other Mandalorians armor.  Does Boba Fett, Bo-Katan, and others have beskar armor, or is it something different?  Boba Fett and Bo-Katan seem to have their armor colored/painted, but I'm not sure if that means they don't have beskar.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 7, 2020, 10:56 AM »
I don't think it's that.  It looks like Din Djarin's original armor was pieced together at the beginning of the series.  The one pauldron looked like it came from a Shoretrooper's armor.  And it looked like it almost got destroyed after what he went though on Arvala 7.  He got the payment from the Client of all of the beskar ingots and went right to the armorer who fashioned new armor for him.  I think he just hasn't taken the time to paint it and left almost all of the plating looking metallic, like his helmet.

I think that Boba Fett and Bo-Katan have just had more time to personalize their own armor over the years.  Boba said that his armor had been Jango's before it was his.  And Bo-Katan said that her armor had been with her family for three generations.  And during the firefight on Tython I'm pretty sure I saw some blaster fire deflect off of Boba Fett's armor.  I don't think Beskar makes a Mandalorian invulnerable, because it looked like Djarin was in serious trouble on the Imperial cruiser when he ran down that corridor and tossed the explosives, all while taking intense blaster fire.

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 7, 2020, 12:52 PM »
It took 40 years, but Boba Fett is FINALLY not a chump.

This episode was excellent.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 7, 2020, 02:55 PM »
i have all sorts of speculation how Fett got out of the sarlaac pit and wound up with Tusken robes and weapons, but i hope they fill in the details.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 7, 2020, 05:51 PM »
We got an Incinerator Stormtrooper from last season's episodes in both 3.75 and 6" flavors.  Now I want a mortar Stormtrooper from last week's episode.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 8, 2020, 03:17 PM »
We got an Incinerator Stormtrooper from last season's episodes in both 3.75 and 6" flavors.  Now I want a mortar Stormtrooper from last week's episode.

Yes! And obviously an Old Man Boba Fett...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 8, 2020, 03:26 PM »
One thing that isn't clear to me is the rarity of beskar on other Mandalorians armor.  Does Boba Fett, Bo-Katan, and others have beskar armor, or is it something different?  Boba Fett and Bo-Katan seem to have their armor colored/painted, but I'm not sure if that means they don't have beskar.

I re-watched the episode and he specifically calls Boba Fett's armor "beskar" when saying it has to be returned to Mandalorians.  I'm guessing if its some other kind of alloy The Mandalorian wouldn't care as much.

One other thing I noticed is that they never show The Mandalorian retrieving his jet pack.  At the end when he is meeting with Cara Dune he isn't wearing it either.  I hope he still has possession of it and it wasn't left behind or destroyed by the Stormtroopers.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 8, 2020, 05:08 PM »
If I'm picky, I'd have thought Mando would run for his jetpack first when the imps showed up.  Faster way to get back up to where Grogu is and more fighting options.  Where was he going to go once he grabbed him anyway?  And the Darktroopers looked cool, but all they did was fly down, surround a sleeping child, then fly back up.  So jet troopers could have honestly done that.  I'm sure we'll get more action out of them and I loved the rest of the episode.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #115 on: December 9, 2020, 11:10 AM »
I've seen so many stories in my newsfeed about fans being "outraged" that the Razor Crest was destroyed after they backed the toy. Fans ******* suck (well, some of them).

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 9, 2020, 12:58 PM »
I can't read those articles because I already loathe a portion of us "fans" as it is. How did buying a toy put into place a contract that meant the razor crest was invincible?
« Last Edit: December 9, 2020, 12:59 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 9, 2020, 02:28 PM »
The outrage over the Razor Crest is just ridiculous to me.  I agree, some fans just suck.  And there’s this undercurrent flowing through fandom that exists across the internet, and it feeds on anger and grievances.  I just can’t get that worked up about this, especially given what we’ve all been living through the past 9 months. 

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #118 on: December 9, 2020, 02:37 PM »
The only ones I've seen are joke posts (like mine), a few randos on twitter and youtubers who don't like the Haslab model and they're being their usual dickish selves about it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: December 9, 2020, 07:52 PM »
Same people in a week “I want a Death Star playset!!!!!”
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77