Author Topic: 2024 TVC AHSOKA E-Wing Fighter with KE4-N4  (Read 799 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
2024 TVC AHSOKA E-Wing Fighter with KE4-N4
« on: February 7, 2024, 10:16 AM »
This news dropped this morning on Gizmodo.

Ahsoka's E-Wing Is Flying Into Hasbro's Star Wars Toy Line

Hasbro is playing on FOMO with these details on the availability:
The Vintage Collection E-Wing will cost $100, and is set to release sometime in fall 2024. Preorders begin later today, February 7, at 1 p.m. ET on Hasbro Pulse, for a limited-time window closing at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 5. However, if you miss out, the E-Wing will also be available at Disney Stores and Disney Parks this fall. Click through to see plenty more pictures of the fighter and KE4-N4!
« Last Edit: February 7, 2024, 10:16 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 TVC AHSOKA E-Wing Fighter with KE4-N4
« Reply #1 on: February 7, 2024, 10:24 AM »
Oooh, nice.  That looks pretty solid.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 7, 2024, 10:34 AM »
lol, I don’t even remember this thing. Was that what Shin was flying?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 7, 2024, 10:48 AM »
It's from the first episode of AHSOKA.  The E-Wings are patrolling Lothal, and try to get Sabine to the ceremony.  And in true Sabine fashion, she plays chicken with a parked E-Wing.

The article teased the possibility of a New Republic Pilot figure at some point.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2024, 10:50 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 7, 2024, 10:56 AM »
$100 feels reasonable based on what we've seen for things these days.  I'll probably pony up for one and just sneak it into my Rebel Hangar table next to Poe's X-Wing.

Jayson is also reporting that a New Republic E-Wing Pilot figure will be a separate carded release.  Nice to know that someone will be available to put in the cockpit.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: February 7, 2024, 10:56 AM »
Looks cool, love the droid (and it's a carded release).  I don't understand why they could not announce this in the livestream.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 7, 2024, 11:20 AM »
I don't understand why they could not announce this in the livestream.

IMO, It's nice to have some surprises.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 7, 2024, 11:32 AM »

I agree!  Some surprises are welcome.  Especially following the reactions to the last livestream.  So many people were disappointed with the figure reveals because they already knew that each one was coming.  Granted, that was compounded somewhat by the figures that were pipelined at the end of that livestream.  But overall I think a surprise announcement is a cool thing.

I'm not usually one to take Hasbro's side on the way they do business, but it didn't go unnoticed how they're structuring the preorders for this E-Wing.  A preorder window of under 1 month plays up on collector FOMO.  And it's a big middle finger to the clearance vultures.  It's funny, some people at the SW The Vintage Collection FB group were commenting about buying the E-Wing on clearance.  What magical thinking led them to believe that Hasbro will put it on clearance before March 5th?  And they seriously believe that the Disney Parks would put this on clearance before 2025? 

Clearance vultures REALLY hurt the vehicle segment of Hasbro's Star Wars line.  Any time an exclusive vehicle got announced there would be a chorus of people saying "I'll buy it on clearance".  And they wonder why Target won't offer exclusive vehicles anymore?  It seems like Hasbro is forcing an uncomfortable conversation with some of these people.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 7, 2024, 12:00 PM »
Clearance vultures REALLY hurt the vehicle segment of Hasbro's Star Wars line.  Any time an exclusive vehicle got announced there would be a chorus of people saying "I'll buy it on clearance".  And they wonder why Target won't offer exclusive vehicles anymore?  It seems like Hasbro is forcing an uncomfortable conversation with some of these people.

And bravo to Hasbro for doing so.  Why should a group of people ruin it for the rest of us?  The clearance vultures are a vocal group and now we are starting to hear them say the same things about figures in both scales: "Hey! If I can get these at Ross or Ollies down the road for 70+% off, I might as well wait."  That's not going to help us get new figures in the line, nor is it going to instill confidence in the product if the retailers can't sell it in their stores.

It's funny, some people at the SW The Vintage Collection FB group were commenting about buying the E-Wing on clearance.

The group should actually encourage these people to wait for the E-wing to hit clearance and then laugh at them when they realized they've shot themselves in the foot.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2024, 12:03 PM by P-Siddy »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 7, 2024, 12:10 PM »

Honestly I kind of miss the days when Hasbro would just announce a ton of stuff at Toy Fair, and then a ton more at Comic Con and that was that.  It always felt like a huge event, and you always had big announcements to look forward to when your list started dwindling.  Now it's like 2 things here and 3 things there and it's usually underwhelming - although a lot of that is probably because they put out so much underwhelming pieces...

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 7, 2024, 12:46 PM »
Absolutely fantastic to see an E-Wing is finally coming to the Vintage 3.75” line! Good news on the pilot as well… Price point is to be expected. But I’m laughing at myself all the same as a few months ago, I bought a 3.75” scale 3D printed E-Wing kit (original non-cannon EU variant) and it almost seems like a moot point to build it now, lol. I think I’ll preorder a couple of these.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 7, 2024, 12:48 PM »
Hasbro just posted a video reveal of the E-Wing with Chris Reiff.  He gives a tour of the vehicle, along with a pipeline reveal for the pilot - Lt. Callahan

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3DdzFOApeV/?igsh=NHh0c2lyanJxenBn
« Last Edit: February 7, 2024, 12:49 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: February 7, 2024, 12:49 PM »
link: https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-new-republic-e-wing-ke4-n4

Hasbro just posted a video reveal of the E-Wing with Chris Reiff.  He gives a tour of the vehicle, along with a pipeline reveal for the pilot - Lt. Callahan

For those with no Instagram:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vEEFYBIlhY

« Last Edit: February 7, 2024, 01:04 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 7, 2024, 01:09 PM »
link: https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-new-republic-e-wing-ke4-n4

For those with no Instagram:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vEEFYBIlhY

Thanks for the Hasbro Pulse link! Ordered my two… A bit of a wait until the December 1 ship date, so I’ve got time to build my 3D printed kid after all
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #14 on: February 7, 2024, 02:01 PM »

I totally get your point, and generally I agree.  But they had a very lackluster livestream and then drop this information a few hours before the pro-order went live.  Why not give us a little time to build hype?

That being said, I missed the opening of the window, and just now went in and put in my order.  Went through just fine.
This is the way.

I have spoken.