Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 563118 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2505 on: March 2, 2020, 12:17 PM »
I consider myself as someone who easily suspends disbelief. The tunnelling thing was absurd.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: March 3, 2020, 03:21 PM »
But it gave us that cool Beta rising from a grave scene!  :P

I blame Gabriel for telling them not to kill the Whisperers, that's the only reason that woman had for not piking him in his throat.  Even then she probably saw that there were walkers in town that were recently killed Alexandrites.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: March 9, 2020, 01:26 AM »
"Morning Star" wasn't too bad an episode, despite waiting until the last 10 minutes for the attack to happen.

Negan goes full Misfits on us.

Why do they still have these outposts/scouts if they are constantly being murdered? If were in one of those communities and they asked me to stake out some road, I'd walk away.

Eugene's electric fence was nice, but Eugene needed to be working on explosives.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: March 9, 2020, 07:11 AM »
I enjoyed the build up to the battle. Reminded me a little bit more as to why I may care if any of the newer characters die.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2020, 07:11 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2509 on: March 11, 2020, 10:02 AM »
This upcoming episode is going to be nuts!

I like how the Whisperers actually won (or are at least winning) a battle....that did not happen in the comics.

I wonder what Negan will do once he realizes Judith is in danger.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: March 11, 2020, 11:53 AM »
I like how the Whisperers actually won (or are at least winning) a battle....that did not happen in the comics.

Were the Whisperers this resourceful and capable in the comics?  I know its a different timeline, and we've got to suspend disbelief, but it amazes me that nomads can scavenge rubbery slingshots, refine flammable substances, and fill balloon like things under pressure with these flammable items, and launch them a quarter mile or so 9+ years in to an apocalypse when the area is totally looted.

I like their ability to blend in and conjure masses of zombies, but it appears they've got more skills than The Saviors who had an organized industrial complex running around them with still scavengeable items lying around.

You'd think they would have to spend 80% of their time just finding food and not engineering devious weapons out of nature.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:06 PM by Dave »

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: March 11, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Not really, Dave.  Their strength was that they could hide in herds of zombies and that they had a huge horde of zombies they could guide into communities.

BTW, did you wonder what the son Eugene was singing?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: March 15, 2020, 06:55 PM »
What. The. Hell.

I just watched all three episodes of the second half in the past few days.  Glad I didn't rush to watch any of it.  One episode was semi-decent, 1009, but then Carol did stupid things for some odd reason.

The Daryl-Alpha fight was cool, but then what after that?

Let's talk about our feelings. Let's establish the Whisperers are bad.  And then rinse and repeat from Every. Other. Bad guy this show has done. 

Finally the "epic" battle began.  Which after every other season and promised bad guys and battles that are underwhelming and overhyped, I'm guessing more of the same.  Although, I'm glad to see a new tactic in the gas balls getting tossed.  I'm certainly glad I didn't rush to watch so far, and certainly won't rush to watch the rest of this season.

To me, it's gone really, really stale with the same thing over and over again.  I get that after 10 seasons you can only do so much, but there really seems to be no point, no suspense, and nothing that drives me to "must watch" every Sunday.

So, I guess as I'm in the garage working on various projects for clients this next week, I'll be watching Battlestar Galactic and the Avengers even though I've already seen them a billion times.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: March 15, 2020, 10:14 PM »
Covid-19 just killed Talking Dead faster than you can say Chloe Dykstra.

Tonight's episode had some tension to it, and/or maybe real world events make this series seem grim again.

Seemingly killing one character off off-screen. Or did they?  ???

Next episode...well, looks like I was right.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 11:34 PM by Scockery »

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: March 16, 2020, 12:43 AM »
Connie is still out there....probably find her in two weeks.

So Carol is the one who let Negan out, with instructions to kill Alpha.  The best part was I knew it was coming, but my wife didn’t.  I was biting my tongue not to say anything.

Overall, it was a good episode.  Curious to see how the stuff with Judith plays out.  She’s killed walkers before, but she never killed a whisperer and then she had to put down a friend.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: March 16, 2020, 09:30 AM »
I'm glad Eugene is heading off to the new community.  I hope there is something more interesting there.

I was glad to see the Negan fakeout.  That was a pleasant surprise.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: March 16, 2020, 11:17 AM »
I liked the episode. Loved the Negan fake out. Haven't read that part in comics but sensed something was up. Not that Carol was a part of it though.

And who is Beta? Was there more to that other Whisperer recognizing him?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:22 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: March 16, 2020, 11:20 PM »
Beta is someone who was famous before the zombie apocalypse.  In the comics he was a famous former basketball player.  I believe they are going a different route in the comics (there was an Easter egg in FTWD.)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: March 17, 2020, 01:26 AM »
Some reviewer pointed out that they missed opportunities with the burning Hilltop stuff, but I dunno. Maybe, but I don't feel like seeing all that dragged out another episode.

Rewatching it. How did the Whisperers not find Ezekiel? That part was odd, Daryl and some others go back to Hilltop, but where are the Whisperers?

I recall reading what Negan did in the comics years ago, just by accident. I thought maybe they were going to reverse it and Alpha would suspect him and kill Negan. 

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: March 22, 2020, 11:04 PM »
Michonne's final episode. It seems.

Not sure how I felt about it. They tried to make it matter, for whatever that's worth. The alternate path hallucinations...really kinda silly.  She imagines she STILL goes north to Virginia, despite never joining Rick's group, and somehow meets Negan. But then dreams usually don't make sense, do they? And he's still on the show, so. No Governor, too much trouble to get him back. Instead of taking out his eye she marries the Governor or something. Who knows? She joins Terminus and eats Carl.  She kills Alpha and taker her place?

There's some convoluted story as to how Rick's stuff ended up on a boat when he was taken away by helicopter and by the time we hear it years from now, will it matter?

The real question the episode brings up, what happened to Heath?  ???

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 11:05 PM by Scockery »