Author Topic: 2023 TVC Wave 6 (New TVC Wave 32)  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 TVC Wave 6 (New TVC Wave 32)
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2023, 04:52 PM »
Yeah my recollection was that they were all unique and I know there were lots of them...  I'm just wondering if there were more than one of THIS EXACT RED ONE in any given scene.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2023, 08:03 AM »
Just found an HK Assassin Droid at a small Target.  Didn’t expect that.

I can’t remember, we’re there more than one with this body and paint scheme in the show or is he a one-off?  Wondering if I’m keeping my preorders or
canceling them.

Woah, new show toys at retail within a month of the show ending? What is this black magic *******?

There are definitely multiples. All of the ones in the Nightsister Temple were unique. I'm not sure if that means they all unique though. I plan on keeping a few extras of the basic figure, and fully expect we will see this again in a troop builder pack w/ the alternate decos.
Tangentially related, my daughter loved the Young Jedi show and watched all of it when it came to D+.  She wanted toys but there were none.  Yesterday I was at Wally and I noticed an entire line of figures (and vehicles!!),  Would have been nice to have when she was more into it.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2023, 08:14 AM »
Just found an HK Assassin Droid at a small Target.  Didn’t expect that.

I can’t remember, we’re there more than one with this body and paint scheme in the show or is he a one-off?  Wondering if I’m keeping my preorders or
canceling them.

Woah, new show toys at retail within a month of the show ending? What is this black magic *******?

There are definitely multiples. All of the ones in the Nightsister Temple were unique. I'm not sure if that means they all unique though. I plan on keeping a few extras of the basic figure, and fully expect we will see this again in a troop builder pack w/ the alternate decos.
Tangentially related, my daughter loved the Young Jedi show and watched all of it when it came to D+.  She wanted toys but there were none.  Yesterday I was at Wally and I noticed an entire line of figures (and vehicles!!),  Would have been nice to have when she was more into it.

No real point at this point to my post, but this line was in stores in June. I bought the three main Jedi kids.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2023, 10:45 AM »

I saw an endcap full of Young Jedi Adventures merchandise at Target.  And it was placed near the section  of the toy department that’s dedicated to little kids toys. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: November 4, 2023, 10:19 AM »
Got a bunch of notices from Amazon that this wave is coming this week instead of December...  man, I am so behind on finding time to open up some of this stuff - I still haven't even set up my Mando starfighter or Jabba Palace yet.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 4, 2023, 11:07 AM »
I got those too.  I just need Thrawn as this point, and to figure out if there’s any on-screen reason to keep more then one of the HK droids in this color scheme.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 4, 2023, 12:46 PM »
Seeing a lot of this wave at GameStop this week…
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: November 4, 2023, 08:57 PM »
I got those too.  I just need Thrawn as this point, and to figure out if there’s any on-screen reason to keep more then one of the HK droids in this color scheme.

Most of them seem to use the Retro scheme, which also better matches the way they looked in The Mandalorian.  This all-red one seems to be a bit unique.  I'm planning to buy a second and hold onto it for a bit before I decide to open it. 

I still think a 4-pack of these in that other more common color scheme seems like it would be a no brainer if I were running Hasbro SW team...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: November 6, 2023, 02:01 PM »
Got a bunch of notices from Amazon that this wave is coming this week instead of December... 

Amazon doing Amazon things...

- Grand Inquisitor showed up yesterday as scheduled
- Ahsoka (due today by 10pm) was pushed back (to Wed)
- Morgan still due Wednesday...
- HK-87 went from due today by 10pm to "please approve a shipping delay" email

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: November 7, 2023, 02:11 AM »
Everything hit all at once, and I was able to grab the full wave this week between Target, Pulse, & Amazon. Luckily with the confusion around the assortment numbers, the Target figures (2x Grand Inquisitor, 1x Hk-87, 1x Morgan, 1x Luke) all rang up for $12.99 instead of the $16.97, and I was also able to get one figure free with some Target rewards points, saving me about $32. Now I'll just have to return some of the Amazon orders.

For anyone curious (Rob), I did notice that this Ahsoka is different from the VC222 Ahsoka [Corvus] version. The new VC297 has a noticeable more saturated and deeper orange skin tone.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 7, 2023, 05:33 PM »
Yep, I snagged an Ahsoka the other day and checked that...

I've managed to find the whole wave except Thrawn at Targets for $12.99 each, which is awesome.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2023, 02:39 AM »
I’m wondering if the Grand Inquisitor is going to follow in Reva’s footsteps… the two targets nearest me have each had 6 on the pegs for a few weeks.
"This is the way."

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2024, 06:46 PM »
Ahsoka Tano, Luke Skywalker, and the Grand Inquisitor are catching my eye.