Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line  (Read 57634 times)

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line
« Reply #120 on: March 3, 2010, 05:21 AM »
I think that's spot on about the R2. Hopefully worth it.

There are rumours of Sandtrooper and Hammerhead carded. Personaly i love the idea of a vintage style treatment for the sandtrooper - hoping for orange pauldron.

Can't wait to see Evazan on a vintage card. Ponda is apparently comming as well, which got me thinking, having seen the vintage packaging and paint scheme exclusive on 4 lom and Zuckuss -anybody else think we might get a similarly styled exclusive "Walrus Man"?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 3, 2010, 11:37 PM »
Yeah, I don't know if they would do that or not for Walrus Man.  That would be kind of fun though.  Hasbro could do quite a bit of exclusives that way but not sure how well it would go over?  I am hoping we get a grey "Death Squad Commander" out of all this vintageness. 

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 4, 2010, 03:56 AM »
The grey death squad commander is suposedly rumoured for early next year. I'd anticipate a name change ,maybe instead of "star" destroyer they could opt for" death star commander"?

We will have to see how it pans out.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #123 on: March 4, 2010, 02:43 PM »
All I know about the 2011 (!) ANH wave, is that if Hasbro is wise to collectors' desires and is aware of nostalgia as a something that will get poeple to spend, they will put a Grand Moff Tarkin, Rebel Fleet Trooper, and Sandtrooper in that wave on great new/retro cards.  As a child who collected from 1978 to 1985, those were the three figures that we desired more than any others.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: March 4, 2010, 02:49 PM »
One of those is very likely for 2011, according to what I was told. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 5, 2010, 04:02 PM »

With that smiley face, Jesse, I'd hedge a bet on the Fleet Trooper.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #126 on: March 5, 2010, 04:35 PM »

With that smiley face, Jesse, I'd hedge a bet on the Fleet Trooper.

I hope so. I am so ready to ditch the 5 different ones I have with the "once advanced swivel articulation" in the knees. Let the upgrades continue!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 5, 2010, 09:00 PM »
All I know about the 2011 (!) ANH wave, is that if Hasbro is wise to collectors' desires and is aware of nostalgia as a something that will get poeple to spend, they will put a Grand Moff Tarkin, Rebel Fleet Trooper, and Sandtrooper in that wave on great new/retro cards.  As a child who collected from 1978 to 1985, those were the three figures that we desired more than any others.

Second that, my good man! The only other figures that came close for me were Biggs and Wedge.

I really hope the ANH wave is a big honkin' wave like the ESB wave previewed. And I hope the prequel waves are limited to 3-4 "key" figures that make sense on Vintage cards. Figures wth "ties" to the OT, if you will, like Anakin and Obi-Wan. Though I'm sure everyone is tired of those guys on the shelves.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 9, 2010, 02:53 AM »
Very good news to hear that Bom Vimdin is confirmed at last, he was my #1 choice for new Cantina dude for years now. Evezan and Ponda will also be welcome additions. So is there going to be another ANH wave at all next year or is Fall 2011 it? I'm a bit surprised that they'd forgo ANH for such a long time.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #129 on: March 9, 2010, 11:49 AM »
I agree...if they are so worried about losing long time collectors, why would they ignore the original source of the material?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2010, 07:09 PM »
I never thought about it until a Galactic Hunter reader in a Q/A w/ Adam Pawlus pointed out that people would have a difficult time getting to desired figures waaay back in the shelves without the J-hook. It's a very valid point. Either those impatient enough are either going to 1. get REALLy frustrated while taking down all the figures to get to that one in the back, or 2. just straight up tear the package off the hook. It really makes you wonder. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2010, 07:49 PM »
I never thought about it until a Galactic Hunter reader in a Q/A w/ Adam Pawlus pointed out that people would have a difficult time getting to desired figures waaay back in the shelves without the J-hook. It's a very valid point. Either those impatient enough are either going to 1. get REALLy frustrated while taking down all the figures to get to that one in the back, or 2. just straight up tear the package off the hook. It really makes you wonder. 

Those butterfly holes on the Vintage Collection cardbacks are going to be reinforced with plastic.  So tearing cards off of the pegs will be prohibitive.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2010, 01:47 AM »
Those butterfly holes on the Vintage Collection cardbacks are going to be reinforced with plastic.  So tearing cards off of the pegs will be prohibitive.

I'm guessing there's gonna be some unhappy collectors that are gonna want to get to that figure 11th on the pegs.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2010, 01:58 AM »
I'm counting on basically lots of figures laying on the ground or the lower shelves.  Not that it isn't an uncommon sight now, but I think it'll be a bit worse and more frequent.  I also think cards may suffer more damage from that, than just the tearing of the peg hole.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2010, 03:25 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird