Author Topic: Star Wars - The Next 10 Years according to Lucasfilm  (Read 56618 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars - The Next 10 Years according to Lucasfilm
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2019, 09:11 AM »
Just saw a story on CNN about Kevin Feige producing some upcoming Star Wars movies.  I hadn't heard this before.

He seems to have done a great job with the Marvel movies.  Hopefully he can help drive some of that magic with the next up Star Wars movies as well.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 05:43 PM »
The rumor mill has been swirling.  Mike Zeroh, who we should probably refer to as Supershadow 2.0 is talking trash about Brie Larson and how she might be in the mix for one of the upcoming projects.  Base on the source alone, I think we can regard that as nonsense.  But I do recall seeing word that Brie Larson was interested in pursuing a role in a future SW project.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 07:10 PM »
Mike Zeroh is not a good source for anything.  He posts every wild rumor out there.

He doesn't have a good track record.

Also, everyone sharing the rumor that Disney is going to retcon the ST.  Not going to happen.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2020, 03:00 PM »
Today is Disney Investor Day (3:30pm Central).  Disney is promising "major announcements" for Star Wars (and the other things they own too).

Not sure what "major" announcement means - could just be updates on Bad Batch, Kenobi or Cassian on Disney+; or maybe a new series announcement (the rumored Leslye Headland female-led series)? 

Major announcement could also maybe be finally some updates on all those various movies that are in various stages of development (Rian Johnson, Taika Waititi, Kevin Feige, JD Dillard/Matt Owens).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2020, 11:03 PM »
Yeah.....that's what I would call a major announcement.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2020, 10:38 AM »
This announcement is stunning, to say the least!  It’s difficult to wrap my head around the sheer number of projects that are in the pipeline!  Just getting a sense of when all of these projects will be released is a lot to process.  And you get a sense that the franchise has a future that could live well beyond those of us who were kids when the OT was released. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2020, 11:20 AM »
This might not be the right thread, but its interesting to see Disney+'s smashing success and the fact that The Mandalorian and its unique content is a meaningful part of this success.  Current data has Disney+ at 87 million subscribers.  Assuming people are paying $70 a year for this (not counting any ESPN+ or Hulu bundles) that totals $6.1 billion a year in revenue!!   When they launched the service this was their five year goal.  They just hit that at the end of their first year. :o :o  They say they should have about 250 million subscribers by 2025.

Granted creating a show like The Mandalorian isn't super cheap.  Its reported that an eight episode season costs $120 million to make.  But I think they've done the math and have realized that a good show like this is a cash machine with new subscriptions and all the licensed products that spin out of it.

Its also interesting to see the flop that HBO Go and HBO Max have been.  They've been getting roasted for their weak content and subscriber numbers.  Warner Bros is getting a lot of flak for dumping all their 2021 movies to HBO Max as well and its seen as just trying to prop up HBO Max.

COVID has flipped the world of blockbuster media and I think Disney is the fastest to adopt to the new model.

I've no idea if all these shows Disney/Lucasfilm has in the pipeline are going to be as good as The Mandalorian, but if half of them are this is going to be awesome.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 11:28 AM by Dave »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2023, 01:16 PM »
From Variety:

"an untitled “Star Wars” movie is debuting on Dec. 18, 2026"

"With the addition of a “Star Wars” film in December 2026, it means that two movies set in a galaxy far, far away will be released in that year. A separate “Star Wars” movie has been pushed from Dec. 19, 2025, to May 22, 2026. Another “Star Wars” film is set for Dec. 17, 2027. Disney hasn’t clarified the premises of any of those installments."

So:
May 22, 2026
Dec. 18, 2026
Dec. 17, 2027

Based on the recent LFL announcements at Celebration:  one is the Rey movie, one is the Filoni Mando-verse movie, and then James Mangold's "Dawn of the Jedi" era movie.  Seems like a lot of new Star Wars movies packed into a 20 month period.   Based on how they move things around these days though, I'm sure it will all change again before the first one of these three is actually released...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2023, 03:03 PM »
Wasn't it Iger and Kennedy who said they learned their lesson about releasing these things too close together after the poor performance of "Solo?" That means take a nearly 7 year break, then release 3 movies in 18 months? Sounds like no lesson learned, and subpar planning as usual.

And how about we get a good script written BEFORE we schedule the movie's premiere? This is all just the same old bad practices still in play, and I have zero interest in assembly-line moviemaking from these characters anymore. Give me something that someone is passionate about as a work of art and/or storytelling, and then we can talk.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2023, 12:25 PM »
From Variety:

Based on the recent LFL announcements at Celebration:  one is the Rey movie, one is the Filoni Mando-verse movie, and then James Mangold's "Dawn of the Jedi" era movie.  Seems like a lot of new Star Wars movies packed into a 20 month period.   Based on how they move things around these days though, I'm sure it will all change again before the first one of these three is actually released...

Nailed it.  EVERYTHING is up in the air until the WGA strike is resolved, even more so if SAG decides to join in.