Author Topic: 2024 HasLab - TVC Project, Coming Soon!  (Read 9432 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 HasLab - TVC Project, Coming Soon!
« Reply #90 on: Today at 07:13 AM »
Great summary!  Learned some stuff here.  It is all made weirder by the existence of the Micro Machines Brea Tonnika figure.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Today at 10:40 AM »
I would be willing to bet most of those licensing people at LFL are no longer there at this point.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #92 on: Today at 12:03 PM »
This reminds me of a time during my missile tour.  Missile Crews routinely carried code authorization docs out to the field when pulling alert.  Back in the day, Missileers were armed with an M-9 pistol, but during my tour, we were never authorized to carry.  Talk amongst the crew force was back in the day some idiot was playing with his pistol on alert and put a bullet through the console.  After a four year missile tour, I could totally believe that.

One day during our Pre-departure briefing, the 20th AF Commander, General Klotz, came to speak with us and he told us a different story:

It was 4th of July and nearing crew change over, the relief crew had received their brief from the security forces guy upstairs and were getting into the elevator to head down to the Launch Control Center (LCC) and had brought a bunch of firecrackers with them and were lighting them and dropping them down the elevator shaft.  Meanwhile, the alert crew is prepping for change over and while the crew commander was getting all the classified out for inventory the deputy opened the blast door and was putting their bags out into the tunnel junction.  The deputy was startled by the firecrackers and cracked his head open on the low ceiling and knocked himself out....bleeding all over the floor.  The Crew Commander, wondering what was taking his deputy so long to put the bags in the TJ went to check on him and saw him laying in a pool of blood and hearing what sounds like gunshots.  He immediately pulls his weapon and takes cover behind one of the shock isolators at the back of the capsule and calls upstairs to declare a security situation.

By this time, the relief crew are laughing about the firecrackers, come out of the elevator and see the deputy lying in a pool of blood, and the Crew Commander taking cover at the back of the capsule with his weapon drawn.  They thing the Crew Commander has lost it, shot his deputy and is ready to kill them as well, so they retreat to try and get out!

After everything was resolved and medical attention was administered, a formal review recommended that crew members no longer be allowed to carry weapons.

Tell anyone who has pulled missile crew duty in the USAF and they would all tell you either story is completely plausible.  Especially because a two-star general told the more fantastical story!

Anyway, I highly doubt we're ever getting the Tonnika sisters.  It would've happened by now.
This is the way.

I have spoken.