Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163917 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Sunday 3.25.06
« Reply #735 on: March 27, 2006, 08:50 PM »
I like the plain white commandos.  It really accentuates how cool of a mold the upperbody arm on those figures really are.  Like I said in Chewie's thread - I think these guys look so much better with SA legs.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Sunday 3.25.06
« Reply #736 on: April 15, 2006, 04:05 PM »
I posted this over in the Gladiator thread, but thought I'd post it here as well.

Inspired by Chewie's Gomorr custom, I too wanted a giant, fierce looking Whipid. The Gladiator challenge just gave me an excuse.  ;)

I wanted him to look big and mean, and gave him a weapon that only a Whipid and maybe a Wookiee would be capable of lifting, let alone swinging. The idea is that a weapon that heavy swung with a Whipid's strength would pretty much penetrate even the strongest armor. I went with an ice blue on the eyes to make them stand out, and make them kind of cold and alien. I also didn't give him any armor, as I imagined him needing the mobility to wield his weapon, and with it's reach not many would be able to get in close to strike him anyway. If they did get in close, he could resort to his claws and incredible power to crush his opposition.

Like I said in the challenge thread, I'm considering sculpting a little hair on him and giving him a topknot, but not right now. I'm pretty much taking today as a "customizing day" so I should have a lot more to post this weekend.

-DD

« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 04:50 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Saturday, 4.14.06
« Reply #737 on: April 15, 2006, 04:14 PM »
Nice DD I love his shoulder armor, and his Axe fits really well with the burly whipid Idea. His eyes look a bit funky tho

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 15, 2006, 04:39 PM »
Great Looking Whipid!

I love The Battle Ax Design, What did you Use to Make It?
The Shoulder Pads Look a Little to Cerimonial To me for a Gladiator, Without the Title I'd Asume this Guy Was A King or Cheifton of his Whipid Clan. Either Way It's a Great Looking Custom.

Keep um Commin.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 15, 2006, 05:07 PM »
Hey Fritz,

Yeah, he does have kind of a chieftan feel to him...I'll just say his clan was enslaved and he was forced into the Gladiatorial arena.  ;)

Here's another I finished up today. My "Boss" custom didn't do it for me, so I started a new one and took my first attempt back to matte black, and decided that this is Darman from Omega Squad.

Although you cant tell in the pic, the hemet is removable. In addition, I have some custom gear that will go on his leg, but it's not quite finished yet.

Next up is a Trandoshan tracker. The first (the one with the cloak) is one I assembled a long time ago; it was one of my first customs,  but I didn't get around to painting it until recently.

The second Trando is one I won from one of Chewie's auctions, hence the great weathering. I just threw it in because I thought they looked cool together, even though mine suffers by comparison.  ;D

More later.

-DD
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 07:55 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 15, 2006, 05:13 PM »
DD, every time you start your updates things around here really liven up.   :)

Gladiator Whipid - I love the use of the Muftak body, it makes the Whipid seem much more menacing and I love the altered feet here and the painting too.  Accessories are a great touch.  One of my favorites that you've made.

Trandoshan Tracker - Love it, great use of parts and painting.  These fan fic types are always my favorite.  Glad the Trando you got of mine has a pal to hang out with now.  They look like a good pair to hunt some Wookiees together.   ;)

Darman - I think this is one of best Commandos that I've seen, I really like the black armor... just seems more realistic of a desing that all those colors that we see in the video game.  Very well articulated/painted.  Awesome work.  And the blaster is freaking awesome too.

:)

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 15, 2006, 06:29 PM »
That is one awesome commando! All the highights are great, with that light blue, it really seems to glow. I am also impressed by the use of parts in that Trandoshan tracker, especially the implementation of the Tusken slug thrower. Good work, DD!
-Matthew H.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 15, 2006, 09:05 PM »
Chewie: I appreciate the feedback. It's nice to be part of a community like this, because I get so many ideas from my fellow customizers. For example, the Whipid was totally inspired by you, and I'm working on a Mandalorian today inspired by aeseven.

hyourittai: Thanks, I appreciate it. While I do some clones clean, ones that are all one color like Omega Squad I tend to scar up to show off the sculpt...you lose a lot of detail when a figure is all black, especially in photographs.

Speaking of battle-scarred clones:

Null ARC Trooper

The Null-ARC troopers are the result of an unsuccessful Kaminoan attempt to make super-soldier clones of Jango Fett. The genetic tampering resulted in unstable, erratic clone troopers loyal only to Sergeant Kal Skirata, a Mandalorian contracted by Kamino to aid with the training of special clone units, and only six of the twelve survived past the fetal stage. The Null-ARCs, as they become known, are a failed experiment that the Kaminoans did not try to replicate, instead resigning themselves to less spectacular clonings of their bounty hunter template.

During the Clone Wars, the Galactic Republic employs the Null-ARC, or Ø-ARC units as black-ops forces. Their roles cover special operations such as work for military intelligence, among others. They are very difficult to control, by most accounts, and often Sergeant Skirata has to be called off of Kamino to help with giving them directives. Finally the Republic returns Skirata to active duty and places the Null-ARCs under his command. Skirata's favorite Null trooper is Captain Ordo.

This guy was inspired by the various Null ARC's mentioned in REPUBLIC COMMANDO: TRIPLE ZERO. There wasn't really any reference for them, so I just kind of went wild.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 3 times, 4.14.06
« Reply #743 on: April 15, 2006, 10:05 PM »
Thats a cool fan fic rendition of a NULL. sorry to be a party pooper, but NULL ARCS, and plain ARCS, where the same armor. :-\ What figure is the verpine shatter gun from? you did an excellant job on the damage nonethe less.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 15, 2006, 10:18 PM »
WHIPPID-Dude, that thing is ******* FIERCE looking. He could totaly kill some ****. Love the weird sholder gear. I think you should give him two pigtail looking things, plus a top knot. Give him a totaly stone age look. ;)

NULL-Awsome trooper. It's good to see a non E3 Clone helmet design again. Very cool figure, and I'm digging the grey paint scheme. Impressive.

DARMAN-Badass. I really dig the detailing he has, and the way you re-did the gun. Very professional looking. What does it say on the side? I don't speak "Jibberish" or Auerubsh or what have you.

TRANDOSHAN TRACKER-Nifty. I wish there was a way to make the face look less pissed off. You should maybe give him a weathered and faded patter on his cloak, or a symbol. Maybe like the different Kilt colors Clans in Scotland and such had. :)

Nice update man.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 15, 2006, 11:09 PM »
Smarty: I've read all of Karen Traviss' material on the clones, and for the most part you are right, Nulls generally don't have any different armor than the other ARCs. However, nowhere does it definitively say every single ARC has the exact same armor, at all times, for every mission...heck, in Triple Zero Mereel has bleached blond hair and iris coloring that makes him look different from the other clones, so I don't think I'm too off base in crafting some specialized armor for this particular Null. And besides, if it ain't in the movies, it ain't "canon" anyway.   ;)

The Verpine is several different figures' guns cut up to look like a slightly modified Verpine gun...no figure that I know of comes with one.

Famine: Thanks for the breakdown on each figure. It was actually fun to do an Episode II clone again, and I like your ideas for the Whipid, I think I will modify him like you suggested.  Darman's gun doesn't actually say anything...I couldn't find any aurebesh numerics (although someone on 'scum has since sent me them) so I just made up the symbols on his ammo counter. I also agree that the Trando (mine, not Chewie's) needs some work. I'm not completely satisfied with him.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 15, 2006, 11:15 PM »
Great update DD!

the paint apps on the whipid warrior really make the fur stand out and make him look bigger and more fierce. i like the choice of the large weapon as well, very believable.

although i haven't gotten into the Republic Commandos (haven't played the game or read the books) (shocking ain't it!) i really like what you have done with this commando. the black paint really makes the visor stand out and the light weathering is perfect.

i like your trando...the cape is a nice touch, although the color of the shirt & the cape kind of clash a little to me. perhaps if the cape had a more brownish wash on it, or the shirt a little less "loud".

the Null ARC is my favorite of all. i find myself gravitating back to the AOTC style clones after seeing an over-run of ROTS clones. again, the weathering and accessories are perfect. 

keep up the great work DD, i always enjoy your updates  :)

p.s. i love the new cloud city ice cream guy for your avatar  8)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 11:18 PM by darth_ripley »

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 4.15.06
« Reply #747 on: April 16, 2006, 07:01 AM »
Some great updates indeed!

The gladiator is my favourite. Awesome parts choice and a superb paint job! I for one love what you did with his eyes. Make him look more mean and routhless. Like an ice cold killer dude! :)

The commando is very cool as well, but I can't begin to understand where you americans keep finding those extra Scorch figures, while I am still looking one for my collection...

The Null ARC looks charp as well. What parts did you use on him?
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #748 on: April 16, 2006, 07:42 AM »
Hi Ya DD

mate you've done some awesome work that is for sure the

Null ARC Trooper- is just perfect the I REALLY LIKE the colour you've used on him it suits him to a tee and the weathering is simply perfect.

Darman- What I like about this figure is how you've painted him black and still have all the detail showing that is a mighty hard task to do when you have black on any figure but you've pulled it of very very well.

Trandoshan tracker- the paint apps on this guy is very well done I especially like the shading on the shirt top work mate.

Whipid Gladiator- Wow he is amazing everything on him just stands out so well this is a BIG 2 THUMBS UP well done indeed.

Ron

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 16, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Wow DD, these are great customs.  My favorite is your gladiator.  Its just so incredibly well done.  I definitely think a top knot would be a cool addition.

The Null trooper is next followed by the Commando.  The painting and weathering details on these are great.  On the Null, it is a very good combination of accessories. What backpack is that?

The trandos also look very good - I've never been much of a trando guy but these are well executed customs.