Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

The Future of Star Wars Collecting?

<< < (71/172) > >>

JesseVader08:

--- Quote from: DoctorPadawan on June  2, 2013, 11:37 AM ---Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go build a Lego Superman set because, you know, it's fun. :)

--- End quote ---

Fun.  Now there's a great word.  Fantastic post Dr.

Qui-Gon Jim:
Well said.  I got out at the end of the RotS line when they were releasing those final waves of repaints, and they were near impossible to find here.  With that headache, and escalating pricing, I decided to get out.

I still buy figures here and there for my son, particularly ESB related stuff, and almost only when there is a deal to be had (for example, I bought a bunch when TRU had vintage down to $5 per).  I can only imagine how frustrating it is now to someone who wants to be complete.

Jeff:
Thought I'd drop this in here...  Hasbro gets the Disney Star Wars Sequel toy license.  Yeah it was bound to happen, but it is nice to see it announced officially. 

Doesn't sound like the deal was extended (still expires 2020 currently), but the license was expanded to include the sequel trilogy movie toys and "other potential Star Wars related entertainment", which would be TV and spin-off/standalone movies I guess.

And the price for the sequels - $225 million!  $75 million now plus $50million due with each sequel movie release year.  Better sell a lot of Angry Birds to help pay for all that.  :P

Jayson:
I think we'll definitely see some Star Wars: Rebels stuff in addition to the Ep. VII glut. Imagine that, toy aisles filled with merchandise for characters/vehicles never done before.  :P

Jesse James:
Wonder how that spreads, if at all, further to one-off type movies?  Those seem to be a lock too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version