Collectibles > Gentle Giant

Gentle Giant Animated Maquettes Padmé Amidala

(1/8) > >>

Scott:

Why did they have to make this???  Damn it...now I'm going to have to buy it

Angry Ewok:
From StarWars.com :
Gentle Giant Ltd. is proud to capture the combined visions of George Lucas and Genndy Tartakovsky in three dimensions with the stylized, porcelain/resin Clone Wars micro-series maquettes. Animators often use maquettes such as these as a reference tool when maintaining character consistency. This finite series will debut in August with the release of Yoda (standing 4.5 inches tall) and continue in September with the dark new female wielder of the lightsaber -- Asajj Ventress. Future characters include Obi-Wan Kenobi (in clone trooper armor), the ARC Trooper Captain, and Padmé Amidala.

So what does everyone think about these? While I dislike the whole Sam.Jack/anime style of the cartoons, I can't help but think that Obi-Wan looks freaking awesome. I may pick one up, depending on price - I only wish they'd make a more realistic version of these, like Unleashed figures... That'd be cool.

jokabofe:
i don't know... i love them. i have the samurai jack maquettes that cartoon network did, and they are awesome. the only thing that bothers me about these is the size. i read that yoda is like 4" tall... i know he's small and all, but that's kinda lame. the samurai jack ones are like 12" tall, and they are awesome. i'm sure the asajj, obi-wan and padme are going to be bigger, but i think that yoda is going to be way tiny.

Matt Carroll:
I'm addicted to this line and will be jumping all over the Clone Wars Maquettes as well. GG's stuff is top notch and they look great on display! :)

CHEWIE:
They look very cool.  Why I don't really like the cartoon figures, these look outstanding!

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version