Collecting > Star Wars Ships and Vehicles

Correct scale Millenium Falcon WIP (pic heavy!) 10/15/11

(1/11) > >>

rogue1:
Here's what I've got so far on a Millenium Falcon correctly scaled to the 3 3/4" figures.  First I did a foamcore prototype to nail down dimensions and locations:  I'm now beginning on the final plastic version using acrylic and styrene, with lighting also to be incorporated.  Comments/critiques welcome!

The foamcore prototype:

Early stages of final rear landing gear and cockpit, with a few detail pieces beginning to be added:

Darth_Anton:
Wow! :o

That is really ambitious and looking great so far. Can't wait to see more progress.

Phrubruh:
Now that is an intense project! It is impressive enough to just use foam core but to then cast it is just insane. That will be an expensive project.

rogue1:
Thanks for the comments, guys!  I do think maybe there's a misconception. though.  The foamcore version is just a mock-up for reference.  The hard copy will be scratchbuilt, not cast from the foam;  and I'll be able to get nearly all of the acrylic for free, since my father owns the local lumber yard, and is always loaded with scraps.  Still, it will be expensive, but it'll literally take years to finish this, so it should be fairly spread out on costs.

Darth_Anton:
Even better. Keep us updated!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version