Author Topic: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)  (Read 61272 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures (aka Bounty Hunt Chase Figures)
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2006, 08:24 AM »
I hate to throw fuel on a fire, and I hope people are right that the scaplers get screwed on these, but I think it is unlikely.
When you consider that each case has two, and the are different, that makes the ratio of any given chase figure 1:60.  (12 per case, 5 cases with UGH).
Considering 1:12 are a b**** to find, these are going to hold interest for a while...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: March 22, 2006, 01:37 AM »
Kesselrunking made a good point about "real fans" there I think...  Unless you're an anal carded completist to the utmost degree, these really aren't of interest to anyone I'd assume?  I wouldn't see why anyone would find them interesting anyway, but maybe I just assume too much.

The whole thing is drawing in people WE don't want to compete with, and who really could most likely give two ***** about this hobby.  That's how I view it anyway.  There's not much good I see coming of any of this.  The best thing was that at least it was packaging variants and not figure variants or just figures in general. 

I can handle packaging variants better than that...  I can't even stand a pack-in figure with a vehicle not getting a regular release.  RA-7 Sandcrawler droid anyone?   ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2006, 04:43 AM »
The thing I find curious is why Hasbro thinks the UGH thing is necessary.  Maybe they worry about SW maintaining interest nowadays, but clearly, interest is there.  Pegs are bare everywhere.  We don 't need a bunch of scalpers making it even worse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2006, 09:17 AM »
Kesselrunking made a good point about "real fans" there I think... Unless you're an anal carded completist to the utmost degree, these really aren't of interest to anyone I'd assume? I wouldn't see why anyone would find them interesting anyway, but maybe I just assume too much.

The whole thing is drawing in people WE don't want to compete with, and who really could most likely give two ***** about this hobby. That's how I view it anyway. There's not much good I see coming of any of this. The best thing was that at least it was packaging variants and not figure variants or just figures in general.

I can handle packaging variants better than that... I can't even stand a pack-in figure with a vehicle not getting a regular release. RA-7 Sandcrawler droid anyone? ::)

The chase figures are not high on my priority list as I am an opener but I do like to add items to my collection that are "elusive."

For example, I bought most of the ROTS exclusives and kept them carded to add a little diversity to my collection.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Kesselrunking made a good point about "real fans" there I think...  Unless you're an anal carded completist to the utmost degree, these really aren't of interest to anyone I'd assume?  I wouldn't see why anyone would find them interesting anyway, but maybe I just assume too much.

The whole thing is drawing in people WE don't want to compete with, and who really could most likely give two ***** about this hobby.  That's how I view it anyway.  There's not much good I see coming of any of this.  The best thing was that at least it was packaging variants and not figure variants or just figures in general. 

I can handle packaging variants better than that...  I can't even stand a pack-in figure with a vehicle not getting a regular release.  RA-7 Sandcrawler droid anyone?   ::)

I hear what you are saying, these don't bother me at all. I hate it much more when vehicles come with exclusive figures that i want and i had no intention of buying the vehicle.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 22, 2006, 09:59 AM »
I think I want a set of UGH figures.  Complete set. 

So I can open them all and just really irritate the **** out of some people.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #186 on: March 22, 2006, 10:04 AM »
I scored two from Target this morning in MN...

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 11:31 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 22, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Take those things directly to ebay and sell them.  Oh sure, it's not collector friendly but hey, if everyone's going to do it, you might as well get in on the ground floor and make some serious cash.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 22, 2006, 10:25 AM »
I don't really care about these either, but if I happen across one while figure hunting, I might pick one up.  Particularly if it is a Han or something like that.  Not for the monetary value or anything, but just to have something different.  That said, I'm not going to go looking for them or searching ebay either...if I see them, I do, if not, that's fine too.  I'm a loose collector, so packaing changes don't make a whole lot of difference to me, but I do feel for those who are either carded or completists.  It could be a bear to get a whole set of these.  I usually like to get an extra Han and/or Chewie to keep carded, if possible, but these might be the exception to that :).  Congrats on the find though jedijaybird.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 22, 2006, 11:14 AM »
Nice find jaybird!

Like I said before, I think they suck - how much do you want for them?

;)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #190 on: March 22, 2006, 11:17 AM »
Not for sale  8)

Here are shots of the holos that I got with them

Anakin - Dooku

Obi-Wan  - Yoda
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2006, 11:20 AM »
Even though these are gimmicks, they look cool.  I still like the actual holo ones better.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2006, 01:14 PM »
FRACK!  Pardon  my  colonial  but  I  hit  Target  Palmdale  at  break  to  find  my  first  UGH,  a  snowtrooper  with  a  damaged  bubble.  Bummer,  so  I  say  'what  the  heck  army  builder'  so  I  check  the  back  and  the  mini-fig  is  gone! (was Dooku).  It  was  a  real  clean  job  too,  no  marks  or  tears.

Things  get  wierd  from  there.  My  buddy  who  hit  the  Lancaster  store  was  told  by  a  scalper  that  both  stores  were  stocked  in  the  afternoon  which  was  unusual  and  that  the  cases  had  24  figures  with  8  Codys.  I  trust  my  friend  but  not  sure  the  scalper  knows  the  difference  between  Cody  and  UT.  But  a  24  figure  case?

I am  really  steamed  about  the  pilfered  mini-fig,  it's  loss  makes  the  figure  unbuyable  and  worse  a  star  wars  collector  took  it ,I  doubt  a  scalper  would  waste  his  time.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2006, 01:36 PM »
I am gonig to hunt down the silver figures now so that I can have a neat game of chess with my blue and silver pieces.  Seriously, I don't get why Hasbro did this.  Anyway it's not going to bug me at all.  It's just odd.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 22, 2006, 01:46 PM »
I'm anal about this stuff sometimes...just look at my sig.

When something new comes out I always tell myself I don't need it and leave it on the shelf.

A few months later I tell myself that I really like it (whatever I passed on) and decide I must have it!

I need to get out of this hobby and save for retirement.... :-\