Author Topic: The Office  (Read 66064 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: The Office
« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2007, 09:24 AM »
I thought for sure they would give Karen the job so Jim and Pam could hit it off again.

Other than that, I thought it was an uneventful episode - I thought for sure the show would leave us wondering who would get the job - you know, to keep the viewers interested in the new season.

It felt like a series finale vs. a season finale.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2007, 10:51 AM »
dammit.  i missed it.

who got the job? 
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2007, 11:07 AM »
Classic ending....gotta love Ryan  ;)

who got the job?

There's a reason why he dumped Kelly.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 11:08 AM by ruiner »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2007, 01:47 PM »
Other than that, I thought it was an uneventful episode

Really?

I wonder if that's because it was an hour long.  I thought a lot of stuff happened in this episode.  Jan flipping out and getting canned (and I mean that in every possible sense), Jan and Michael getting back together (and apparently moving in together), Jim apparently dumping Karen and asking Pam out on a date (although I think there's more to the Jim/Karen thing that we'll learn more about next season, just like they did with Jim/Pam in the beginning of this season), and Ryan getting promoted to corporate and dumping Kelly.  That's a lot of stuff going on--it'd be way too much to pack into a standard episode--maybe even a "super-sized" episode. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 01:48 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2007, 01:58 PM »
Really. 

I thought it was uneventful.  Nothing happened that shocked me.  Again, they should have set the ending up as a cliffhanger - who's going to move to corporate?  Will it be Jim?  If so, how will he keep his relationships with Karen and Pam?  Will it be Karen?  Again, same question.

In regards to what actually happened:

Jim and Pam - we all saw that coming - the Beach episode set that up. 

The whole Jan thing doesn't really bother me - she's a disposable character, I never cared what happened to her - there's no emotional connection with her character.  Don't get me wrong, I liked her in the beginning but then she turned into a nympho and the whole situation ballooned out of control and made no sense. 

Why is she unstable and why should I care?

Ryan being promoted - aside from ruining the whole "wait til next season" idea, I again, don't really care that he's (most likely) gone from the show.  Again, he and Kelly are disposable.  They don't make the show like the other characters.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 01:58 PM by ruiner »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2007, 02:22 PM »
Really. 

I thought it was uneventful.  Nothing happened that shocked me.  Again, they should have set the ending up as a cliffhanger - who's going to move to corporate?  Will it be Jim?  If so, how will he keep his relationships with Karen and Pam?  Will it be Karen?  Again, same question.

Yeah, but they did the whole cliffhanger thing last year--and waiting for September sucked.  I'm glad they did something different this time.

In regards to what actually happened:

Jim and Pam - we all saw that coming - the Beach episode set that up.

Right, but there's still some things that need to be resolved.  Like, what happened to Karen?  Will she be back in Scranton?  Is she staying in New York?  Did she and Jim break-up?  Just 'cause Jim asked Pam out on a date doesn't mean Karen's out of the picture.  They left that intentionally ambiguous, which is kind of a mini-cliffhanger itself.

The whole Jan thing doesn't really bother me - she's a disposable character, I never cared what happened to her - there's no emotional connection with her character.  Don't get me wrong, I liked her in the beginning but then she turned into a nympho and the whole situation ballooned out of control and made no sense. 

Why is she unstable and why should I care?

By herself, Jan isn't a particularly compelling character, but she gives Michael something to do ( ) and their dynamic is somewhat interesting and has now gone a whole new direction.  That's why you should care.

Ryan being promoted - aside from ruining the whole "wait til next season" idea, I again, don't really care that he's (most likely) gone from the show.

Ryan may be gone from Scranton, but he's not gone from the show, not by a long shot.  He just took Jan's old job, that's all.  He'll be around just like Jan was--and now he's Michael's boss, which sets up some funny stuff for next year.  And B.J. Novak writes and produces for the show, so he'll be around.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2007, 02:32 PM »
I'll give you the point about Ryan - that has the potential to be funny - the relationship between the 'intern turned boss' and Michael has a lot of possibilities.

Nice pun with the 'canned' thing too.

Smartass.

:-*

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2007, 02:47 PM »

exemplary.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2007, 02:49 PM »
This one's even better:

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2007, 02:56 PM »
so i realize on the show she got a boobjob, but was this just a really good push up bra for the actress?  Prosthetics?  Pills?  Cream? 

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2007, 04:36 PM »
so i realize on the show she got a boobjob, but was this just a really good push up bra for the actress?  Prosthetics?  Pills?  Cream? 

Why?  Are you looking for enhancements for the wifey -- but too cheap to spring for the job? :-*
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2007, 04:38 PM »
busted.

tee hee.

busted.......

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2007, 01:42 AM »
I just don't like Stanley too much, but obviously not because he's black.  Seriously.  I just don't like him because he's a negative turd, and a little too much like a bunch of negative turds I've actually worked with.

How can you not love Stanley after this exchange:

Dwight:  Now, let us discuss precipitation.  Stanley, when rainfall occurs, does it usually fall in a liquid, solid, or gaseous state?

Stanley:  Liq-uid.

Dwight:  Very good  You've earned one Schrute Buck. 

Stanley:  I don't want it.

Dwight:  Then you have been deducted fifty Schrute Bucks.

Stanley:  Make it a hundred.

Dwight:  Wh. . .  don't you wanna earn Schrute Bucks?

Stanley:  No.  In fact, I'll give you a billion Stanley Nickels if you never talk to me again.

Dwight:  What's the ratio of Stanley Nickels to Schrute Bucks?

Stanley:  Same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2007, 02:51 AM »

Probably a stuffed push-up bra.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2007, 07:43 AM »
I liked the "Stanley Nickel - Schrutte Bucks" give and take as well.
Great episode..
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry