Author Topic: 2022 TVC Deluxe TBOBF Boba Fett (Tatooine)  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 TVC Deluxe TBOBF Boba Fett (Tatooine)
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2022, 08:39 PM »
Got mine an hour ago.  No QC issues that I can see.  But... after looking at it, my opinion that there is nothing there to justify a $26 price tag stands.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2022, 11:22 PM »
Also, why do the stormtrooper helmets have neck pegs?  Are they meant to attach to something?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2022, 06:36 AM »
Also, why do the stormtrooper helmets have neck pegs?  Are they meant to attach to something?

You can swap heads with the current Stormtroopers.  I get the concept, but it seems like those smashed helmets would be better suited as an accessory to a Boba Fett (Tython) figure where he just decimated those troopers with his Gaffi stick.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2022, 08:03 AM »
The inclusion of the Stormtrooper helmets is just weird, and I agree that the $26 price point is a total ripoff.  They should have left out the two helmets and cut the price by $8.   The helmets aren't worth $4 each.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2022, 09:36 AM »
Got mine an hour ago.  No QC issues that I can see.  But... after looking at it, my opinion that there is nothing there to justify a $26 price tag stands.

You forget about the Boba Fett premium markup.

I mentioned to Tim at Bossk's Bounty when he did his review that I bet these heads would look good on the Remnant Stormtroopers.  Nice to have a little variety there.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2022, 07:06 PM »
I saw this figure at FYE in the mall today, they had one hanging on a peg in there little Star Wars section, not with the other main section of action figures.

They wanted $45.99 for it.  :-X

Down the street at a little collector store I had neve been to before, they had three of them on the shelf, for just $27.99.

I am still holding out for a better price, but I think if I run into the Morak Fett at Target I might bite just to have a Mando version of him, but even that price is making me leery, especially after Koska, Mayfeld, BS Galen, BS Saw and BS Merrick all just hit clearance prices.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2022, 11:21 AM »
There's an FYE near me that I've checked out a couple of times.  While it was nice to see figures in stock, it was largely the reissues.  And the prices were not exactly competitive.

As for that Tatooine Boba Fett?  Amazon has it for $26 and change.  I thought I saw it on sale recently on either Dorkside or Old Republic Collectibles for under $20, but it seems to be sold out.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2022, 11:14 AM »
If you haven't picked this up yet (or just want another for some reason), it's on sale at Amazon - $18.49 -> https://amzn.to/3A3Hqia
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender