Author Topic: Darthfloyd's Customs  (Read 7789 times)

Offline Darthfloyd

• Youngling
  • Customizing Fool
    • View Profile
Darthfloyd's Customs
« on: June 30, 2006, 06:54 PM »
Hi there!  Some of you may know me from Rebelscum, TFN, and FFURG.  I was told this was where the best customizers posted their stuff (which is why I didn't), and was then told that I should put my stuff up here as well.  I hope you guys like em!  There's about 12 pages, spanning almost every different scale/line I can find, and hopefully you'll like something listed!  Let me know what you think!

Darthfloyd's Customs

PS: Much thanks to everyone who has inspired me (Chewie, Scoobaca, The_Vinyl_Jawa, Incom65, and DarthDelicious, to name just a small few!!)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darthfloyd's Customs
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 07:39 PM »
Wow! Those are some great customs! I didn't have time to flip through them all, I'll have to later!

I love the Scout Commander, very nice!

On Commander Faie, I would suggest maybe repainting his camo to a more yellow and brown than a green camo...The camo you have looks great, but in the comic his camo was a darker shade and slightly different colors.

They all look great!
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth_Deastron

• Jedi Initiate
  • Let the hate flow through you.
    • View Profile
    • The Sith Empire
« Reply #2 on: July 1, 2006, 03:27 AM »
The Commandos, and the Quinlan Vos are very well done!  I love that Jack Sparrow Custom, it cracks me up! ;D
FS: TSE Sith Holocron Props!  Cool heartbeat glow! PM me if you're interested.

The Sith Empire

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #3 on: July 1, 2006, 05:36 AM »
man those are nice customs, i think thats the biggest ammount of 501st ive ever seen in that kind of "jedi assault" pose, lovbe tha kashyyk scouts, and the scout commander well done
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 1, 2006, 07:58 AM »
Hey DF, glad you took my and other's advice to join JD. Your customs are very worthy of being seen by humans, aliens and everything in between  ;D

Offline Darthfloyd

• Youngling
  • Customizing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 1, 2006, 07:52 PM »
man those are nice customs, i think thats the biggest ammount of 501st ive ever seen in that kind of "jedi assault" pose, lovbe tha kashyyk scouts, and the scout commander well done

Thanks everyone!  Yeah, my original JTA idea was to get 14 501sts, since if you count, Anakin is leading them 7 across up the stairs.  When it became obvious they would be hard to find, I decided to go for 7 501sts and 7 customs...then when I found out they were the crappy ATTE gunner version, I decided to just make 14 of my own (I still think they used too light a blue, so I like mine better anyway :P) .  They are kinda bunched up for the pic, but eventually I would like to build stairs and have them 7 across and following Anakin...er, Vader. 

I have had alot of fun these past 9 months of customizing (I started in September), and the Scout commander was definitely one of my favorites.  It is actually based off of one that CHEWIE did last month, and I loved it so much I just HAD to do one.  There's slight mods (I believe Chewie had the pauldron on backward and didn't include the Kama), but I loved his look and felt that I would duplicate it as much as I could...and then I couldn't find his pic anymore!  I think I got the gist of it, though, and I thought the chain gun would be an awesome addition.  Then, when counting his guns (hold out scout blaster on the ankle, holstered blasters on hips, and chain gun), I figured he would be a force to be reckoned with - so why not give him one more gun?  As soon as I got home from work that night (I'm fortunate for now to have a job where I can custom at work...for a few more weeks anyway), I found a clone rifle, and a military gun with a strap...seemed like the perfect thing to add so that he never runs out of ammo in the midst of battle. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 1, 2006, 09:45 PM »
Very nice stuff Darthfloyd, I've seen most of these before and am a big fan of your work.

I really the Vos a lot.

:)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 2, 2006, 05:25 PM »
Some very nice work, Darthfloyd.

One thing I might suggest is posting the pics here in your forum...you'll get a lot more response.

Oh, and...that Clone Wars Eeth Koth looks mighty familiar.  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darthfloyd

• Youngling
  • Customizing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 2, 2006, 10:13 PM »
Oh, and...that Clone Wars Eeth Koth looks mighty familiar.  ;)

Yup!  That's why I gave you a shout out, DD! 

So do you mean post each individual pic here?  I don't have a prob with it, I just figure it's gonna take awhile to load each time...but I guess I can do that!

Offline Darthfloyd

• Youngling
  • Customizing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 3, 2006, 07:30 AM »
Ok, as per what DD said, I'm gonna start (slowly) putting pics up here of stuff from my site.  I'll only put one of each thing, so this doesn't become just a rehash my photobucket.  I'll mix up some old stuff and new stuff!

That should do for now.  Hope you guys who haven't made it to the first customs yet like what you see.  I'll post my bust ups soon.

Offline Darthfloyd

• Youngling
  • Customizing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 4, 2006, 02:57 AM »
As promised, my bust ups!

Cody

Bacarra

Vader in Flames

Shocktroopers

Gree

Bly

Galactic Marine

Next, my other non-3 3/4 stuff!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 5, 2006, 05:44 PM »
I love your customs!  I think Vos is my favorite followed by Mara Jade.  Can you share recipes on these customs? Glad to see you posting these here.

Offline Darthfloyd

• Youngling
  • Customizing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 6, 2006, 01:45 AM »
Sure.  Here's the Vos recipe (It's kinda long, but its a little more than straight customizing)

Head - Eeth Koth
Hair - Sculpey on top, hair from Eeth Koth with braids attached from POTF2 and TSC2 Leia Boussh
Chest Armor - Hollowed out TSC2 Hoth Vader
Shoulder bell - ROTS #6 Clone
Chest - TSC2 SA Obi-wan
Arms/Belt-skirt/Lightsaber - Clone Wars Kit Fisto
Legs - ROTS Dooku

*The chest armor is different on vos in some of the comics, looking more like clone armor. My fix for this is going to be the armor that comes with the upcoming Death Star Gunner, since it is removeable. I just wish he were out already!
- I kinda did something weird which gives Vos some articulation, but didn't make him very durable (he's fine as long as you don't throw him around and twist his waist really hard). To keep the swivel chest, I popped it and removed the pin holding the stomach area to the chest (it looks like a little T with a roundish top, I think). I dremelled this at it's base and put it back inside of the chest. I then dremeled a hole in the dooku legs to hold the bottom of the "T" and glued it into there. Before that, I used sculpey around the peg in the dooku legs so that it would hold the belt up, making him look like he still has the stomach region, when, in fact, he is very thin in that area. With it being pushed up against his chest, you would never know (plus it looked better to me, since the robe from the chest flows smoothly "under" the belt.

Here's the mara recipes. 
Mara X-wing:
GI Joe Courtney Krieger head/neck
VTSC Luke X-wing Pilot

Mara (Hand/smuggler) (based on The_Vinyl_Jawa's recipe with a few mods)
Head and Hair: Agent Courtney Krieger
Torso and 'skirt': Padmé Amidala (Droid Factory Chase)
Arms: Princess Leia Collection Celebration Leia
Hands: Hannibal Reborn (from the same GI Joe 3 pack that Courtney comes in)
Pelvis and Thighs: Princess Leia in Boushh Disguise (2006)
Claves: Clone Trooper (ROTS #41)
Feet: Aayla Secura (ROTS #32)
Belt/holster/gun: VTSC Han Solo Endor Raid
Cape: ROTS Dooku
Hilt (added to belt after pics were taken): Saga Collection Anakin
Goggles: Navy Seal figure I found for 5 bucks at TRU

Offline Darthfloyd

• Youngling
  • Customizing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 6, 2006, 01:50 AM »
Here's some of my non-3 3/4 stuff!

Battle of Hoth (Titanium and micro machines)

X-13 Viper Droid

Applause 10 inch Blackhole Trooper

Applause 10 inch ROTS Emperor

Force Battler Utapauan Trooper

Burger King Anakin's Starfighter

Burger King Jango Fett

Imperial Venator Star Destroyer

Offline Darthfloyd

• Youngling
  • Customizing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 9, 2006, 04:38 PM »
Thought I'd post some stuff I hadn't already.

Scout Commander (based on one of Chewie's customs)

41st Elite Trooper (Coruscant)

Republic Commando

Scorch

Sev

Fixer

Boss

My infamous Shadowtrooper Squad

And my Vehicles

Hope you guys like em!