Author Topic: Target "The Battle of Hoth" Battle Pack  (Read 98649 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Target "The Battle of Hoth" Battle Pack
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2007, 11:52 PM »
RS is reporting $50 on their front page.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2007, 12:30 AM »
Count me in for two of these Hoth sets.

As for the AT-ST, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just Hasbro making money of that sculpt one last time before looking at a newer, taller design.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2007, 06:55 AM »
50.00 isnt as bad as i thought it would be but i am still not sure which way i am going with this. I think the size of the set may prevent me still, just not enough room anymore. 
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2007, 09:14 AM »
I still can't understand why the majority of the community is so happy about this set.  I'm ecstatic due to the boxed presentation, but I sure wouldn't be that happy with a big box of repaints if I were an opener.   :-\

One word: Army-buliding. I'm literally drooling over the set. Unlike the TRU Arena set, I have to get an opener of this one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2007, 11:15 AM »
I'll get one of these for sure. I don't have a modern AT-ST, and I want Han, Luke, and the Snowtroopers. The turret is a nice extra, and more Hoth soldiers are always neat. They could have left the 2004 soldier out, no doubt about that.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2007, 11:18 AM »
50 dollars is a great price for this set.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2007, 11:21 AM »
As for the AT-ST, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just Hasbro making money of that sculpt one last time before looking at a newer, taller design.

I have a feeling that Hasbro was doing the same thing with the Shadow Scout's Speederbike before a new tool is made.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2007, 11:44 AM »

I have a feeling that Hasbro was doing the same thing with the Shadow Scout's Speederbike before a new tool is made.

Good point, so on that note I wonder if this wasn't the last time....will they release a 'jungle camo' or 'shadow' AT-ST next before the next proper scale redo/resculpt?

DS

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2007, 12:10 PM »
It's a great deal for parents or grandkids looking to get one big Star Wars item for christmas gift- As a collector with at least one version of every figure/ship/prop in there, I'm not as jazzed. If these are items you missed or weren't on the bandwagon in 1998- it is a nice catch-up pack. Hopefully they will overproduce them and I can find one for 35 or so-

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2007, 01:06 PM »
I'm glad that so many people are excited about this set, but I really can't muster up much, myself.  One of my hopes (and I thought it was a relatively grounded one based on what Hasbro has said about possibly doing one) was that a new AT-ST was in the pipeline for the next year or two, so seeing the same old vintage mold again with all of its inaccuracies is disappointing.  And whoever thought that reissuing the 2004 Hoth Rebel Soldier in ANY form was a good idea needs to be shunted off to do taste testing for lead paint on Mattel products.  (I assume that this is the same person who said, "Arena Padme, Deluxe Anakin, and Acklay Battle Obi-Wan?  GENIUS!")

But yeah, when the only thing that interests me is a Snowspeeder Luke kitbash out of a box of all this stuff, I think it's going to be an easy pass.  If anybody decides to sell off their loose Luke, let me know.  :-\

Besides the Hoth rebel soldier, and the POTF2 snowtrooper Luke is he 3rd one I'm least looking at keeping, if anything I'd just use him as custom fodder.  He's yours if you want him, when it comes of course  ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 01:12 PM by jedipurge »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2007, 09:33 AM »
It's a great deal for parents or grandkids looking to get one big Star Wars item for christmas gift-

That's the big picture. Well said.

I think this will sell much faster than the shuttle.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2007, 12:36 PM »
The shuttle sold pretty good in the STL area.  Come the first week of December last year, I didn't see any more of them.  I'd actually think it would be nice to see them re-release it again in a year or two.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 3, 2007, 07:24 PM »
Pretty good looking. Definately worth the price.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2007, 01:35 AM »
Copied over from the Endor Battle Pack thread -

I was thinking no...  I thought someone posted the POTF2 Hoth turret set for comparison and it was the same thing, it just looks bigger int he packaging.  I could be wrong though, as I do not own that POTF2 set.  Some of the few things I passed on were those POTF2 playsets.

You may be right, I'm not sure though.  I do own those older POTF2 sets (and they are bad in my opinion) and it seems the Hoth turret is different this time around.

For example, on this image -

Versus these images -

I'm almost positive that these are different sculpts... the handle lon the door ooks different to me, and I'm pretty sure there are some differnet patterns going on with the top of the turret.  This new version appears to be quite a bit larger than the old one... and the old one could not stand freely on its own, as it had a weird bottom to it, where it would lock onto the POTF2 snow base section.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2007, 01:55 AM »
The door hinges do sorta look different now that youp ost that photo.  Now all the more reason to pick it up...  Something about it does look larger too, but I'd figured that was an optical illusion.

I hope it's newer/larger sculpted though.  That's a piece that, IMO, is sorely needed in the line.  The towers from Hoth were kind of iconic to that battle I thought...  Not sure on the scale but the Vintage tower was pretty close in general.  A full blueprint of one exists actually, based on the production blueprints of the lifesized piece, and that looks (eyeballing it of course) close at least.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77