Author Topic: Target TFU Attack on Kashyyyk Battle Pack  (Read 55172 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Target TFU Assault on Kashyyyk Battle Pack
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2008, 10:10 AM »
There's not need for a Vader for us, but I can see why Hasbro tries to cram a Vader in every chance they get.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Ok sup with the "jucied" up Wookies? They have the same trainer as Barry Bonds and Rodger Clemens?  ;D FYI I passed on this without a 2nd look...sorry Hasbro!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2008, 03:07 PM »
I picked up two of these sets today. Decent army building potential, and I love me some huge Wookiees. Cannot wait to use the cheat codes when I play the game this afterno... oh, I can't because the game isn't even out yet.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2008, 06:27 PM »
I really like the Wookiees in this set.  I've always thought that the ROTS preview Wookiee Warrior was a superior figure.  And now to have the more common bandolier and different paintjobs helps differentiate these Wookiees from all of the previous versions.  I would however like to see perhaps another headsculpt without the dreads at some point.

As for Vader and the Stormtroopers?  It's another high quality Vader that I can use for the dioramas that I have planned.  And the Stormtroopers are a nice add-on.  There's nothing ground-breaking with those.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2008, 09:55 PM »
I bought the set yesterday for the Wookiees. I'm a sucker for Wook variations, even so slight as these.

But why the hell are they still using that worthless gummy plastic on the stormtroopers? ??? Anyone else get exceedingly warped legs on theirs? Mine look absolutely crippled.

As for Vader, I have no memory at all that VOTC Vader had no ankle joints. ??? Mine's packed right now in preparation for a move, but I would've sworn he had ball-jointed ankles....

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2008, 10:52 PM »
I saw these today, and while you can't deny the value or army building goodness, I passed.  The Wookies aren't different enough, and I thought the paintjobs on the Stormies were so-so.  Plus, it's $20 I'd rather spend on a Cubs ticket.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2008, 08:52 AM »
Is there a street date or something on these? 'Cause I've seen no hide nor hair.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Is there a street date or something on these? 'Cause I've seen no hide nor hair.

Not sure, but 03/23 is the date for Target's next reset.  I'd try the DPCI trick if you're ansy.

087-06-2004
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2008, 01:46 PM »

But why the hell are they still using that worthless gummy plastic on the stormtroopers? ??? Anyone else get exceedingly warped legs on theirs? Mine look absolutely crippled.

Yeah dude those 2 wookiees worked 'em over pretty good inside that box.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2008, 02:38 PM »
There is a street date I read somewhere on them, but I can't recall what it is now...  They're not out here except at a brand new Target that opened near me Anton, so I'm guessing that store's stock is just a fluke and they're supposed to be held onto.

They've gone through all but about 5 Kashyyyk packs and all the Aayla fighters at that store by the way. 

Battlepacks are also on sale for like $2 off this week but it doesn't include the Kashyyyk pack of course.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Just wanted to point out there is a huge difference between a "street date" and the day a Target "planogram" is supposed to set. A 3/23 Target date just means the endcap has to be up by then not that it can't go up before then. A street date means you can't put in out before then and if you do you could get penalized by the company who produces it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2008, 05:05 PM »
That's true...  The "date" on these wasn't listed as a street date I suppose.  I can't recall what I read about it specifically but there'd be no reason for that and it's likely just a reset date, but for whatever reason some of them are going out...  Could be the ones I saw had their toy shelves set up for the future reset since it's a brand new store.  No sense setting up only to reset in like 2 weeks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Target TFU Attack on Kashyyyk Battle Pack
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2008, 06:56 PM »
I found this today. My local Target had the endcap of exclusive stuff set up. I bought one of these. The wookiees are definately cool.
I remember my dream now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2008, 10:52 PM »
Can someone post pics of the genera release wookies and the ones from the set to see the differences. I am not sure if i want to pick the set up/
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2008, 11:07 PM »
Here's one I whipped up quick just now...

RotS Preview, RotS Repaint, and then the 2x TFU Battle Pack wookiees.

They are all definitely different colors (dark brown, tan, red-brown, orange-brown) with different fur deco patterns and the BP ones have the new bandoliers.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender