Community > Star Wars Celebrations

Star Wars Celebration VII: Anaheim

<< < (2/6) > >>

DSJ™:
No official date for Ep VII thus far. Avengers II has a release date of May 1st & rumors for Ep VII are May 29th but who knows. Few big flicks May/June so they would want to avoid a release crossover for making the uber bucks!

Jesse James:
Seems kicking off early is in their best interests...  movies haven't had much life later in the season this year. 

I'm only sticking to Orlando...  My buddy Jim has me covered on a place to stay (thank god) or I'd not go at all I think.  Just too much to travel these days for me if I can't drive it.  I'm wanting to hit up this, never been to Anaheim, but it's off the table for me.  I'm sure it'll be back in Orlando...  Wouldn't be shocked if it was back to Orlando for 8 even.  I think at the Disney Parks, it's really the best place to hold these.  I used to think the mid-west was better, but at this point how can you not want these at a Disney Park?

JesseVader08:
Anaheim is sure a hell of a lot closer than Orlando for this western Canuck.  My daughters will be 8 and almost 14 then, I wonder if the older one will still think it's cool to hang out with her dad around a bunch of Star Wars geeks.   :P

Jesse James:
Did she ever?    :-*

Nicklab:
From what I understand, the convention center in Anaheim is very close to Disneyland.  That seems very likely to have been a significant factor in steering the location of Celebration 7.  As locations go, I know that there have been a lot of comments from fans who would like to see a Star Wars Celebration in their region.  But with Disney in charge now I can see the methodology in keeping Celebration close to one of the theme parks.

As for the timing?  It's actually in line with the timing of the first three Star Wars Celebrations, which were all scheduled just a few weeks before the release of each of the Prequel Trilogy movies.  It may not be ideal to get away for families during the school year.  But I can recall seeing plenty of families in attendance at both Celebration 2 and Celebration 3.  If people really want to go, they're going to go.

I hope that Reed is going to stay on as the promoter.  I like how they've built up New York Comic Con, although I didn't get a chance to attend the Star Wars Celebrations that they promoted.  And I think they probably did a far better job than the promoters who did Celebration 2, 3 and 4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version