Community > Star Wars Celebrations

Star Wars Celebration 2019 - Chicago

<< < (2/7) > >>

Nicklab:
It's nice that it's going to be in a central location in North America.  They tried that with Indianapolis, but I don't think the city or the convention center were big enough for the event.  But the McCormick Center is by all accounts the largest convention center in the country.

There seem to be some complaints about the con NOT being at a Disney Park.  It would seem that scheduling is coming into play there.  I did some research about the busy times of year for the Disney Parks, and it seems that the weeks around Easter tend to be a very busy time at the parks (except for Easter weekend itself).  Celebration is scheduled for the week before Easter 2019. 

I can kind of understand why people would want Celebration to be at one of the parks.  If it's there, Celebration can double as a vacation.  And if you've got a family and/or limited time off, it's nice to have some options.  These are considerations that an aging fan base demand.  There's also the matter of Galaxy's Edge opening next year.  But I think timing the opening of that attraction to coincide with a Star Wars Celebration might be a challenge.

efranks:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on May 17, 2018, 11:55 PM ---I think Chicago is a great location in general.  Easy for a lot of NA to make it there one way or another. 

Unfortunately it's not looking good for me going after a reality check from the gf last night that we'll still be in recoup mode from her son's wedding this Fall, so yeah, probably a no-go for me.  Which utterly sucks.

--- End quote ---

F that! You be standing by the mailbox when I come by because I'm only slowing down for the pickup, not stopping.

E...

Jesse James:
Things just started looking better and I may actually get to Chicago. 😬

CorranHorn:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on May 20, 2018, 11:52 PM ---Things just started looking better and I may actually get to Chicago. 😬

--- End quote ---

You better!!  ;D

Jesse James:
It may happen.  No guarantees haha.  Holy expensive hotels tho.  Yeesh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version