Author Topic: 2020 TVC 3.75" Carbonized Collection  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 TVC 3.75" Carbonized Collection
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 03:28 PM »
I got four emails today letting me know my pre-orders for these four dropped $0.31 each.

Yay?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 07:58 PM »
Now you can get that surgery you’d been putting off!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2020, 10:31 AM »
Finally started to get these this week. And WalMart is shipping them all individually to me in a plastic mailer bag with ZERO padding/protection. So you can imagine how they are arriving.  :(

I hate WalMart and I hate it when they have exclusives.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2020, 10:46 AM »
It happened to me, too.  I got shipping notifications that the Carbonized Cara Dune and Death Trooper were on their way.  Once I saw the individual tracking numbers and that these were being sent USPS I could foresee what was coming.

The Cara Dune card looked fine.  In fact I noticed that the cardstock is far more substantial on these carbonized versions than standard TVC figures.  But the blister?  Totally crunched.  The Death Trooper blister was intact, but I saw a visible scuff on the card.  And for once these were figures that I had an interest in keeping carded.  So much for that!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2020, 04:40 PM »
I saw the Dark Trooper and the Remnant Stormtrooper on the pegs at my local Walmart this weekend.

Decided to leave them.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2020, 09:52 PM »
My Cara Dune arrived snugly in its box and the Death Trooper shipped in packaging that looks like it's for a book. Neither had any packing material but neither was damaged either.

I would normally open, but reading some instances that the paint chipped off their carbonized black series, I might leave these carded.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2020, 11:50 AM »
Got my Deathtroopers and they all arrive in great condition. It's the thick card for sure!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 3, 2020, 01:16 PM »
My Mandalorian and Remnant Stormtrooper arrived today.  Par for the course, the blister on the Stormtrooper was crunched, no doubt because of the mailer envelope.  Thankfully the Mandalorian was shipped in a box and was in the best shape of the 4. 

But it’s truly ridiculous when you look at how these were handled and shipped by Walmart.  I placed two orders to get the four figures.  The first was with Cara Dune, the Death Trooper and the Remnant Stormtrooper.  I wasn’t able to get the Mandalorian in that order.  All four figures shipped from the same Walmart distribution center in Pennsylvania.  The three figures that were ordered together all shipped separately.  Cara Dune and the Death Trooper shipped the same day, and both in separate mailer envelopes.  And the other two also shipped separately.  I’m trying to figure out what kind of logic came into play with the way these shipped, but that’s probably a wasted effort. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 3, 2020, 02:19 PM »
I'm with you Nick.  I ordered all 4 figures at the same time in the same order.  So far, I have received:

Cara Dune - shipped in an envelope, bent card
Stormtrooper - shipped  in a small box just wide and tall enough to fit the card, card is dinged all around the edges
Deathtrooper - shipped in a large, flat rectangular box with a cardboard protective insert and air bubble packs. Dead mint
Mandalorian - still MIA

They would have saved more money just shipping these all together (didn't they all come in the same case) and I would have likely received better quality packaging and the Earth itself would have benefited from less packaging and fewer mail stops throughout the distribution.  Super frustrating.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 4, 2020, 01:30 PM »
Got my Mando yesterday and he's got an incredibly loose leg joint on his right leg.  Anyone else?

I don't have high hopes of being able to exchange that with how extremely sold out they are...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 7, 2020, 11:08 AM »
Here is my overall experience:

* Initial order 2x of all four figures, order split to the following shipments:
- Cara Dune x1 in a unpadded envelope, bubble crushed - opened this one
- Cara Dune x1 in a padded envelope, card creased
- Deathtrooper x1 in an unpadded envelope, bubble crushed - opened this
- Deathtrooper x1 in an unpadded envelope, bubble crushed, card bent - opened this
- Mando x2 in a box (by some miracle) - both arrived in good shape
- Remnant Stormtrooper x2 in a box (again, another miracle) - one in good shape, other had a notch in the cardback

* Second order 2x of Cara Dune and 2x Imperial Deathtrooper in hopes of getting MOMC versions, flagged them as gifts
- Cara Dune x2 in a box - both arrived in good condition, some scuffing on one of the bubbles
- Imperial Deathtrooper x2 in a box - both arrived in good condition

* Ordered 2x of Remnant Trooper, again, flagged them as a gift, the order was split into two shipments, one in a box and the other in a bag, bag one was crushed, so I opened it, boxed one replaced the one from the first order so I now have 2x MOMC Remnant Stormtroopers

* Ordered 2x of Mando, flagged them as gifts - both sent separately and in a bag, so flagging something as a gift does NOT guarantee a box, going to open one of these for my opener

So now that all of my orders have arrived, have:
2x of all four figures MOMC
1x of Cara and Mando open
2x of Deathtrooper and Stormtrooper open

And I have non-mint Mando and Cara to return or offer in trade to someone who is interested in having one to open... I'm sure the WalMart customer service rep at my local store is going to give me a hard time because of the condition of Mando & Cara Dune that I have to return...  :-\

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 7, 2020, 12:45 PM »
How much for your opener Mando?  With the bum leg on mine I'm interested in replacing him and returning my other one.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 7, 2020, 03:34 PM »
How much for your opener Mando?  With the bum leg on mine I'm interested in replacing him and returning my other one.

With tax they were $18.85 each - I wasn't charged for shipping - so essentially it would be $18.85 plus the cost of shipping to you.

Peter

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 7, 2020, 03:56 PM »
I'm game.  I'll PM you.

Thanks!