Author Topic: 2020 Walmart TVC Incinerator Trooper  (Read 9129 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
2020 Walmart TVC Incinerator Trooper
« on: September 25, 2020, 04:49 PM »
Someone's stating that the incinerator trooper is a WM exclusive. Can't confirm it. Hope not.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2020 Walmart TVC Incinerator Trooper
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 05:05 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 06:53 PM »
I just preordered 2.  So, still up (until they cancel my order).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 08:24 PM »
I ordered... a bunch. We'll see how it goes. The limit of 2 was wise, but I'm already dreading how they'll be shipped.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 10:29 PM »
I was able to get and order in for two.  I wish these weren’t a Walmart exclusive, but at least they seem to be readily available.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 08:17 AM »
I just placed my order for a pair.  It's a sharp looking trooper, and the flame effects are really well done.

It's kind of funny to look at this figure and then look back at the Incinerator Stormtrooper from the sub-line for The Force Unleashed that came out back in 2009.  Because there's actually some continuity from that TFU figure up through the trooper seen in The Mandalorian.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: November 9, 2020, 03:31 PM »
Got one of these in-hand thanks to the PR loot box.  Man, this is a really nice figure.

Like I mentioned in the Din Djarin thread, for some reason both the Incinerator Trooper and the Din Djarin/Child figure are labelled VC177 - wonder if they will fix it before release or if it'll have to be a running change.  Guessing one of these is going to end up an error card so I'm tempted to not open either one right away.

Incinerator Trooper on the Left, Din Djarin on the Right:
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 10:31 AM »
Some interesting news about the delay in shipping for the Incinerator Trooper from The Vintage Collection group on Facebook.  It might be attributable to a container ship that was bound for the U.S. hit trouble in a storm in the North Pacific near Hawaii.  Per some news reports the ship lost over 1,000 shipping containers due to the rough seas, and it returned to Asia for repairs and cargo inspection. 

***EDIT - SPECULATION FROM SOME IN THE FACEBOOK TVC GROUP HAS THEORIZED*** that the Incinerator Troopers may have been on this particular ship.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2021, 08:34 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2020, 11:32 AM »
I wonder if the Mandalorian and Child 2pack was on that ship too, since it seems to be delayed for everyone I've heard from.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 01:12 PM »
Some interesting news about the delay in shipping for the Incinerator Trooper from The Vintage Collection group on Facebook.  It might be attributable to a container ship that was bound for the U.S. hit trouble in a storm in the North Pacific near Hawaii.  Per some news reports the ship lost over 1,000 shipping containers due to the rough seas, and it returned to Asia for repairs and cargo inspection.  And it seems that the Incinerator Troopers may have been on this particular ship.

If they were on that ship, I wonder if it was a lost container or just one of the others.  The deck of that one was such a mess that I’m sure there will be delays for everything on it, lost at sea or not.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2020, 05:48 PM »
The report said 1200+ containers were lost.  I imagine it's going to take some time to safely unload the cargo and assess what made it back to port, what was damaged and what was lost.  Who knows if those containers went over or not?

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 09:38 AM »
Why am I imagining some treasure hunting show on Discovery where divers a re looking for the lost incinerator troopers?   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2020, 10:41 AM »
Some interesting news about the delay in shipping for the Incinerator Trooper from The Vintage Collection group on Facebook.  It might be attributable to a container ship that was bound for the U.S. hit trouble in a storm in the North Pacific near Hawaii.  Per some news reports the ship lost over 1,000 shipping containers due to the rough seas, and it returned to Asia for repairs and cargo inspection.  And it seems that the Incinerator Troopers may have been on this particular ship.

Where is Jayson when you need him.  He tracks all those cargo ships...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2020, 11:08 AM »

Where is Jayson when you need him.  He tracks all those cargo ships...

Right????  He's doing some next level data mining!

I found some video of the ship.  OMG!  The crew is lucky they didn't capsize if the waves were strong enough to do that.  And updated reports indicate as many as 1800 containers were lost.  That's a lot of consumer good that were on their way to the U.S., and not just some figures.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 11:19 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 2, 2021, 08:38 AM »
If the delays persist I may just grab the flamethrower from a FO Flametrooper and try to put it on one of my Force Unleashed Incinerator troopers as a stand-in for a Nevarro diorama.  Because I have seen no signs of movement on this from Walmart.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2021, 08:39 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback