Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 200106 times)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1350 on: July 26, 2008, 01:57 AM »
There's some more sightings of wave 9 in California.  Maybe a new shipment from China has arrived and more will hit the stores by next week sometime.  The wave 5 comic packs will probably start hitting this weekend or next week since the Club received them.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1351 on: July 27, 2008, 04:10 PM »
Does anyone know if the HISS Driver that comes with the black HISS comes with a pistol?  Long story, but just wonderin'....
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1352 on: July 27, 2008, 11:42 PM »
I see they showed Matt Trakker this week, any news as to what they are planning there?

Are we going to see more coming?  If so, I might just pee a little in my undies

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1353 on: July 28, 2008, 12:10 AM »
If you look up in the top right hand corner of the figure's card (where it usually says "As Seen on TV" or whatever), it says "Mobile Armored Strike Kommand," so they're not hiding any balls.

Interesting....
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1354 on: July 28, 2008, 09:50 AM »
Any ideas as to when the exclusives will be up   ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1355 on: July 28, 2008, 10:12 AM »
If you look up in the top right hand corner of the figure's card (where it usually says "As Seen on TV" or whatever), it says "Mobile Armored Strike Kommand," so they're not hiding any balls.

Interesting....

I didn't notice that...interesting.  If we start seeing more MASK characters, that could be very tempting for me as well.  I really liked that line as a kid.  I'm definitely in for Matt Trakker, even if we don't see others.  Kind of cool that they are including them in the Joe line.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1356 on: July 28, 2008, 11:33 AM »
Any ideas as to when the exclusives will be up   ???

CCs are up now.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1357 on: July 28, 2008, 11:58 AM »
They were / are.  I've been battling with that stupid website for the past 45 minutes trying to get these suckers.  Got all the way to the final checkout screen several times but it kept timing out on me.  Now I'm getting a notification that all the blue suited versions are sold out   ???   Phone number is worthless as is trying to contact them online. 

I'm done.  Going to wait.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1358 on: July 28, 2008, 01:23 PM »
Had a lot of trouble but got in on one each of the Cobra Commanders. 

Went back later and bought the SW SDDC exclusive as well.  I'd left a second blue suit CC in my cart for when the SW set went up, just to see if it would reserve it for me but didn't seem to.  So, just one of each on the CC.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1359 on: July 28, 2008, 01:34 PM »
I had tons of problems with their site, but I managed 2 black versions.  If anyone comes across an extra blue suit, I'd like to trade.

Didn't Hasbro acknowledge the shortage of Destros last year?  I'm pretty sure they said that CC would be available in larger numbers, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 02:23 PM by iFett »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1360 on: July 28, 2008, 04:39 PM »
I seem to recall Hasbro saying that but I don't know if that applied to the blue blaser variant or just the regular run.  Plus, with the heat the Destro had from last year, it might have gotten people to purchase more at the show this year.  The show alotment also might not have any bearing on what's on HTS.com and maybe more will show up later as CCs get denied or whatever.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1361 on: July 28, 2008, 06:11 PM »
Glad to hear some you had luck buying the Cobra Commander today.  I'm not that interested in the figure but if anyone wants to sell the podium I'll buy it.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1362 on: July 29, 2008, 12:11 AM »

Interesting....
Yeah I saw that my Mormon Friend, it was a ball tickle, no doubt.  Which is why I yearn for more 3-3/4" M.A.S.K. figures, especially Brad Turner who I had a man-crush on in 5th Grade

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1363 on: July 29, 2008, 01:06 PM »
I'd be down for a full ressurrection of M.A.S.K.   :)

Found the new comic packs this morning at Target.  Now I just have to back track and pick up the vehicles & DVD sets I've been passing on these past few weeks.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1364 on: July 29, 2008, 02:52 PM »

Interesting....
Yeah I saw that my Mormon Friend, it was a ball tickle, no doubt.  Which is why I yearn for more 3-3/4" M.A.S.K. figures, especially Brad Turner who I had a man-crush on in 5th Grade

Mmmmm...Brad Turner.  He was so dreamy.

I think I'll avoid the MASK guys, but the overlap makes sense.  Cobra?  V.E.N.O.M.?  In the real world, they'd TOTALLY be related.  Plus, it's only a matter of time until Hasbro retrofits the Boulder Hill Playset for use in the GI Joe line, they way they have for Star Wars and Indy.

This way, maybe they can retrofit Boulder Hill as...Boulder Hill.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 02:53 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."