Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 200107 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1470 on: September 18, 2008, 04:21 PM »
That is kind of odd looking but I wonder if the color on the photo is just wrong.  Everything looks a little too green, maybe it won't be quite as bright as that.  If it is, though, it almost looks like it belongs to the Joes more than Cobra.

I don't think I'll be buying either of those.  I still have the vintage versions of both.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1471 on: September 18, 2008, 11:36 PM »
I sincerely doubt the new Copperhead is going to fit in the Water Mocassin. As it is, I'll buy both of those vehicles, because I've always wanted the Mocassin and Sky Hawk, and I have plenty of vintage Joes that will fit in them.

I also love the Combat Heroes Serpentor pictured in that link. I think I'm going to buy that.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1472 on: September 19, 2008, 12:47 AM »
Fitting some of the new 25th figures into these older vehicles is one of the few things that I didn't like about the line.

The figures aren't huge, but they're just big enough that it's an issue sometimes.  I tried to put a 25th figure into the driver's seat on the R.O.C.C. and you almost can't do it.  Some of the seats in the back were a little more forgiving but then I pulled out some vintage figures and they just fit better and looked better in it.

Still, I do really like the detail they've packed into the new figures and the articulation is a definite plus.  It would be nice to see some new vehicles that were scaled to work with the figures but, in the end, the library of vintage vehicles, or even vehicles from the last 4 years, is so huge that I can see why Hasbro isn't falling over themselves to engineer new stuff.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1473 on: September 19, 2008, 09:05 AM »
That new stuff does look pretty cool.  I have to admit, the Combat Heroes look pretty nifty too.  I'd be half tempted to get some of those, but I'll probably have to stay away.  I did get the Snake Eyes/Timber set from SDCC, and its pretty nice.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1474 on: September 19, 2008, 09:31 AM »
I'm still looking at this stuff in the store having find memories of picking up some of this stuff as a kid and the new Target ship exclusives really open the memory flood gates. I have to keep telling myself that I have no room.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1475 on: September 19, 2008, 10:45 AM »
Fitting some of the new 25th figures into these older vehicles is one of the few things that I didn't like about the line.

I honestly don't think Hasbro intended on releasing vehicles with the 25th line so they were probably never "meant" to fit in most vehicles.  Dissapointing, but I can live with it.

I have to keep telling myself that I have no room.

There's always room for a Rattler.   ;)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 11:35 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1476 on: September 19, 2008, 12:22 PM »
I honestly don't think Hasbro intended on releasing vehicles with the 25th line so they were probably never "meant" to fit in most vehicles.  Dissapointing, but I can live with it.

That's a good point.  I wonder if Hasbro is/was a little surprised at how popular and successful the 25th Ann line seems to be.  Although I'm starting to see the pegs stocked a little more regularly now, this line was consistently sold out around here for the past year plus - aside from a few figures (Buzzer).  I might be remembering incorrectly, but wasn't the original plan for this line to be 25 figures (total)?  I thought at first we heard of two five packs, then 15 individually carded figures (of course that may have just been speculation).  These days it seems like they can't crank them out fast enough.  I think the vehicles are really cool, and if I had the budget/space I'd be all over them as well.  I think some of it has to do with the fact that I wish I had a lot of this stuff when I was a kid, but my collection was much more limited then.  It sure is a fun line though, and one I can't seem to completely cut out.  I've been watching some of the DVDs from those packs lately when I run, and although it may look dated, it sure brings back some great memories of those cartoons (and makes you want to get more of the figures/vehicles/etc.)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1477 on: September 22, 2008, 11:47 AM »
I guess w10 may be hitting retail in Cali so that answers my question on that wave.

Finally found some more Serpents this morning for the first time in a long time.  Didn't pull the trigger though as it was depressing knowing that I could get another figure for a penny.  I wonder why Target chose just to put the comic packs on sale this week.  You'd think they would have at least included the figures. 

Oh well.  I miss you $4.99
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1478 on: September 22, 2008, 12:06 PM »
I saw the Target vehicles this weekend at the SuperTarget across town, and I was awfully tempted to pick them up.  I just don't have the room, and I think the Mrs. would be less than thrilled if I started trucking big vehicles from another line into the house.  It was kind of cool to see them at retail again though, some of the ones that I always wanted as a kid.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1479 on: September 22, 2008, 01:19 PM »
There's always room for a Rattler.    ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1480 on: September 22, 2008, 09:16 PM »
I don't keep up with this stuff at all to know what's new or not but I saw Maj. Bludd and Iron Grenadier Destro w/gold head tonight at WM, along with Tripwire/CC, and Cobra La guy/Falcon.  The latter being incredibly dumb because Cobra La blows nuts.

Bludd looks pretty badass though.  Pretty neat.  Got that stuff for my brother...  Didn't have duplicates of any of it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1481 on: September 23, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Haven't cracked opened my jets yet, but I'm hearing that the stickers suck.  Washing the ships with soap and water....hair dryers?  Anyone having issues here or am I the only one who cares about this?

Seems that the next batch of vehicles are hitting and I recall that the Firebat and the white sub/air thing (forgot its name) were exclusive to TRU, no?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1482 on: September 23, 2008, 11:18 PM »
SHARC...

As far as getting stickers off, try carefully peeling them off and then buy goo-gone (citrussy stuff) to get the tackyness off.  I'd suggest goof-off but it tends to eat plastic if you're not careful.  Goo-gone though works great and doesn't damage plastics.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1483 on: September 26, 2008, 07:45 PM »
I thought you guys might want to see the Night Force "Variation" of my Falcon...its not in my collection yet though...

BBTS confirmed my DVD Packs are on their way....

Alyosha ordered his from another site and is getting his Extreme Conditions packs too...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1484 on: September 27, 2008, 01:17 AM »
Picked up a Conquest X-30 today. No sign of the Rattler, but I'm not sure I have room for two of these.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk