Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 199259 times)

Offline bomarr Monk

• Youngling
  • !
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #750 on: July 24, 2005, 11:50 AM »
Let's not forget they're making TWO series (4 & 5) this year.  The previous series were all done once a year, were they not?

Series 1 came out in April 2003 and Series 2 came out in November 2003.  I think that with the long wait for Series 3 (October 2004) most people thought that they had came out once a year.  We did get the brilliant Speeder Bike box set, carded droids figures, and the carded Sandtrooper in between that long wait though.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 11:53 AM by bomarr Monk »

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #751 on: July 24, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Really?  I stand corrected.  :)

Well, then it's cool that they're putting out some more figures now.  I still think there'll also be a nice box set of all new figures before years-end.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #752 on: July 24, 2005, 04:23 PM »
Hey Matt, what are you missing thus far in your Kuby collection besides the new series?

Missing the 3 obvious ones: Carded Fett, Sandtrooper & Vader
Missing openers of Droids Fett, Holo Leia, Rebo boxset (have carded/boxed sets though)
Missing Chase Logray and Vinyl Jawa
Missing Series 4

So I'm kinda lagging right now.  Really need to get those Series 3 chases, so I can focus on finding on a nice deal on Series 4.  Glad I waited on the new ones though, since they're really starting to drop a lot over the past week...

Hopefully the carded Fett, Sandtrooper and Vader will come down.  :-\

Those openers you need could be though but keep an eye out. The Rebo Band is the hard one thus far, around $150. to $155.  :-\

As for the Logray and Vinyl Jawa chase, Logray is up in the air for a desent price and hopefully finding a real one.

The Vinyl Jawa has been around the $52. mark from what I can see. There was another Vinyl Jawa auction with a Bin of $89.99 that went. Ouch!

Best of luck.  :)

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 5
« Reply #753 on: July 24, 2005, 09:18 PM »
I have a vinyl Jawa I'll part with for $75 or a trade of some sort.  LMK, Tony
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #754 on: July 24, 2005, 11:13 PM »
Hmmm.... can't say I'm "thrilled" with the Box Set.  Last year, we got Spirit Ben, Bespin Han, an Ewok, and two popular Astromechs (Imp R2 and R4-D5).

This year, it's Yavin Luke and 4 re-paints I could have passed on.   :-\

At least last year's box set had a few new sculpts, this year looks like all repaints.  Don't get me wrong, I like the Yavin 4 Luke, but K-3PO in Kubrick form = meh.   :(

And Ten Nunb?  Huh?  Where's that "vintage flair" that Medicom loves so much?  At least 4 of these guys (Luke, Ten, R4, K-3PO) weren't even vinty figures and Romba is pushing it. 

I'll still end up with it for sure, but I can definately take the patience route this time...  ;)

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #755 on: July 25, 2005, 12:57 AM »
Ten Numb actually does have a new sculpt torso.  I'm sure they'll look nice all displayed with the others, though.
:)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #756 on: July 25, 2005, 01:22 AM »
I'm not hyped at all about the new TRU set.   :-\

Has anyone considered that it is possible that Medicom's Star Wars license may be up soon?  It could be the reason we are getting so many rehashes and so much product in such little time.  Probably not the case, just a thought. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 01:22 AM by Padawan »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #757 on: July 25, 2005, 01:42 AM »
Ten Numb actually does have a new sculpt torso.  I'm sure they'll look nice all displayed with the others, though.
:)

Oh.  When I looked at him, I thought it was the Bossk Torso with Nien Nunb Head/arms/legs.   :-\

If he's "new" that's OK I guess, there's just a lot of other Kubys I'd like to have seen before either Ten Nunb or K-3PO.   :(

Jeff

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 5
« Reply #758 on: July 25, 2005, 08:42 AM »
I'm not hyped at all about the new TRU set.   :-\

Has anyone considered that it is possible that Medicom's Star Wars license may be up soon?  It could be the reason we are getting so many rehashes and so much product in such little time.  Probably not the case, just a thought. 

I hope thats no tthe case. I want them to continue making these little guys for a long time to come.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #759 on: July 25, 2005, 10:24 AM »
Nataku has gotten me a little bit into these but I refuse to be a completist.  So far I only got: Fett, Sandtrooper, Han Carbonite, Stormtrooper and Vader.

I'd love to get one of those 400% Fetts or the Medicom Vader, Fett or Stormtrooper.

Are my only options eBay on these?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #760 on: July 25, 2005, 10:33 AM »
Nataku has gotten me a little bit into these but I refuse to be a completist.  So far I only got: Fett, Sandtrooper, Han Carbonite, Stormtrooper and Vader.

I'd love to get one of those 400% Fetts or the Medicom Vader, Fett or Stormtrooper.

Are my only options eBay on these?

Hi Rod,

Yeah, eBay or Asian e-tailers are pretty much the only source for these as Medicom won't ship their Collector Club exclusives outside Japan.  Hopefully the release of another 2,005 400% Boba Fetts will help the price come down a bit - but I'm sure they will still be hot hot hot on eBay.   :(

Good luck in your search and welcome to our little Kubrick corner.  Just don't let those few I got you hooked on drag you all the way down like so many others before you...  ;)

Jeff

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #761 on: July 25, 2005, 12:27 PM »
Just don't let those few I got you hooked on drag you all the way down like so many others before you...  ;)

Jeff

>:(  Yeah, Jeff is definitely trouble like that.

;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #762 on: July 25, 2005, 01:27 PM »
 :'(

My luck continues to suck the big one.  This is my box:

1. Vader
2. Vader
3. Vader
4. Stormtrooper
5. Stormtrooper
6. Vader
7. Stormtrooper
8. Stormtrooper
9. Emperor
10. Bespin Luke
11. Hoth Han
12. Nien Nunb

No chase to be found.  Again. 

Interestingly, like Dale's boxes, mine was open along the bottom.  I don't think it was anything nefarious necessarily though.  The glue seems weaker this time around, even on the individual figure boxes.  The first series and this one were remarkably easy to open without tearing cardboard on the box flaps.  The in-between series were near impossible.  Still, disappointing. 

Now, the question is whether to do custom Luke/Han Stormtroopers with the spares or actually chase these?  Simon and I were talking last night and customs will likely flood the market shortly, so anything not sealed in the baggie has pretty high potential to be a custom.  Since I open mine anyway, why not avoid the cost and do a custom?  I just need to find a spare Luke head is all. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #763 on: July 25, 2005, 02:02 PM »
sorry to hear abt that..

that luke head is quite hard to find.. i'm trying to find one too..

han should be no problem.. i already sold my original chase and custom made one for myself..

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #764 on: July 25, 2005, 02:13 PM »
Brent,

You and I had the same luck with this box.  Well I bit the bullet and bought the chases for:

1) Han - $69.00 shipped - ebay
2) Luke - $56.50 shipped - Dr. Toungue
3) Vader - $86.99 shipped - Someone overseas had this for an $84.99 BIN with $7.00 shipping.  I emailed asking if I BIN the seller would cover the shipping.  The seller agreed and I just paid $2.00 for registered mail.

Glad to get these out of the way and I am really looking forward to getting these in the mail!

Intersting point on the market being flooded with customs especially the Han.  Are we certain that there is absolutely no difference in the Han and the Han stormtrooper head? 

Regards,

Matt