Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 199313 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #780 on: July 26, 2005, 01:12 AM »
Hey, congrats on that :D 

I'm a little annoyed and suspicious now that I see your box wrapped in plastic.  Dagnabbit, mine wasn't. :-\
I don`t know what series this is, 3 maybe? I never got any before, but HLJ had an ok deal on a box of 10 of them. There is 7 in this series, so I guess we won`t get 2 full sets. It has Yoda, Falcon, AT AT, Xwing a few others.
What are the other series?

Nope, series 1 had only five pieces in it: AT-AT, X-wing, Falcon, Vader + two stormies, Droids.  You can see it at this guy's collection underneath the matrix figures and in front of the SW stuff

Series 2 was mostly OT I think, but a bit of a mix: Boba with carbonite, Maul/Qui-Gon, Han/Chewie, Yoda (OT), Luke skiff.

Series 3 was AOTC: Slave I, Yoda (PT), Obi's starfighter, Anakin speeder, AT-TE+.

The set of seven you speak of is a re-release of some of the earlier stuff.  For me that's terribly disappointing that they did this series before putting out new ones.  It explains why there's not a new series out at this time though, as they were about due. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #781 on: July 26, 2005, 04:45 AM »
Hey, congrats on that :D 

I'm a little annoyed and suspicious now that I see your box wrapped in plastic.  Dagnabbit, mine wasn't. :-\
I don`t know what series this is, 3 maybe? I never got any before, but HLJ had an ok deal on a box of 10 of them. There is 7 in this series, so I guess we won`t get 2 full sets. It has Yoda, Falcon, AT AT, Xwing a few others.
What are the other series?

Nope, series 1 had only five pieces in it: AT-AT, X-wing, Falcon, Vader + two stormies, Droids.  You can see it at this guy's collection underneath the matrix figures and in front of the SW stuff

Series 2 was mostly OT I think, but a bit of a mix: Boba with carbonite, Maul/Qui-Gon, Han/Chewie, Yoda (OT), Luke skiff.

Series 3 was AOTC: Slave I, Yoda (PT), Obi's starfighter, Anakin speeder, AT-TE+.

The set of seven you speak of is a re-release of some of the earlier stuff.  For me that's terribly disappointing that they did this series before putting out new ones.  It explains why there's not a new series out at this time though, as they were about due. 

Thanks for the info! There are a few I`ll have to track down (like that Gunship, Vader, Droids...)

Pretty sure this series just came out this month. I didn`t realise it was all
re-release stuff, but I would have gotten them anyway. They are really
cool! I put them together last night (I broke a couple small parts, damn
fingers).

Falcon might be my favorite, but they are all great!
Adam

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #782 on: July 26, 2005, 07:52 AM »

Intersting point on the market being flooded with customs especially the Han.  Are we certain that there is absolutely no difference in the Han and the Han stormtrooper head? 

i used han's head from series 2 for the custom.

however, i heard from a friend that upon closer inspection, there's a slight difference between the expressions on the face.. can anyone confirm that???

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #783 on: July 26, 2005, 07:53 AM »

As yujun says, it's difficult to find a Luke head to spare though.  Only one per box with this assortment so maybe there won't be Luke fakes in abundance since people have to break up complete sets to get that head.  I can't see people using heads from an early bird set :P  But those darn Han heads are a dime a dozen :-\

dun forget there's a luke carded too! u can use that head too..  ;D

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #784 on: July 26, 2005, 07:55 AM »
So I finally got my Logray today from that muthaf**ker Madsontoys-or-whatever.  And upon super close inspection (comparing with the one at kubism.net), I'm pretty sure it's a fake.  But man, thank god for you guys.  I don't think I'd ever have figured it out.

You guys know if this guy really gives money back?  I'm gonna start hounding him...

he gave me back my money immediately. i hope he does the same to u.

really sucks.. as i said b4, be careful when u find very old series chases popping out or when a lot of them of the same pop up on ebay...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #785 on: July 26, 2005, 10:36 AM »

As yujun says, it's difficult to find a Luke head to spare though.  Only one per box with this assortment so maybe there won't be Luke fakes in abundance since people have to break up complete sets to get that head.  I can't see people using heads from an early bird set :P  But those darn Han heads are a dime a dozen :-\

dun forget there's a luke carded too! u can use that head too..  ;D

:D  I remembered that but didn't think anyone out there was crazy enough to use a $50 carded figure to make a $50 loose figure ;)

Does anyone know about any ebay/paypal coupons out there right now?  I have to pay for something :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #786 on: July 26, 2005, 10:48 AM »
haha..  ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #787 on: July 26, 2005, 11:25 AM »

Does anyone know about any ebay/paypal coupons out there right now?  I have to pay for something :P

I haven't actually tried it myself, but you could try this one:

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=8409.0

...edit - oops, never mind - looks like expired July 15.   :-\
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 11:36 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #788 on: July 26, 2005, 11:51 AM »
will there be any carded star wars kubrick released at wonderfest??

the last one was darth vader.. will we see darth sidious next??

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #789 on: July 26, 2005, 07:36 PM »
So I finally got my Logray today from that muthaf**ker Madsontoys-or-whatever.  And upon super close inspection (comparing with the one at kubism.net), I'm pretty sure it's a fake.  But man, thank god for you guys.  I don't think I'd ever have figured it out.

Did you (or yujun) compare the clear sealed baggies at all, to some other sealed baggies to see if you could notice any difference in that?  Or did they come loose?

Speaking of madsontoys, I dropped him a line on eBay the other day to inquire about his plethora of Lograys, and mentioned that I was interested in buying one (not really), but had seen his name pop up a couple time around the net regarding possible customs/fakes that he was selling.  Just curious as to what he'd have to say in his defense...  This was his response:

Hi Matt,all the kubrick we are selling are 100% authentic and new.I know we will have many questions about why we have many Logray kubrick.
Actually,my friend work in a toy shop in Japan.So he can get many kubrick from the dealer
if we buy a lot.So we bought like 50 of the Logray Kubrick.We have another star wars Kubrick.But we only sell for Local market in Hong Kong.We will have many Kubrick like Special Force,Disney,Marvel Kubrick etc.But now we only want to sold all the Logray first.And when we get those kubrick from the seller.They only gave us like 30 boxes.So sometimes we have box and sometimes we dont have.Thats why we said you can email us to find any rare kubrick.Cause we have many stock but most of them sell for Hong Kong and Taiwan.Only some of them sell on ebay.According to the Lucasfilm policy.The Star Wars Kubrick cant import from the authorized dealer to the states.So you can find all of the Star wars Kubrick are imported from Japan or Hong Kong by the seller directly.So we sell those on ebay.I hope you can understand because our poor english.Also if we are making the fake one.Why we only make the Logray?Why dont we just make the other such
as Boba Fett,Darth Vader or some crazy price Kubrick or be@rbrick?I'm a Kubrick collector also.So we just want to share all the product we can easy to find over here to get some extra money to buy some kubrick from anywhere they can easy to find.We spend all the money to buy Kubrick from ebay or Japan Yahoo.We never took money from Paypal.So what we have earned?Also nowaday I really have seen some fake be@rbrick in Taiwan.But not Kubrick.Especially unbreakable
Star Wars Kubrick.I only saw some kubrick from Medicom look like fake.Cause they sold to the market without inspection.They are chaper but they still authentic.If you need.I can send you some photo for our store.Thanks for your questions and I hope we can share some experience about collect kubrick.

::)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #790 on: July 26, 2005, 07:51 PM »

Speaking of madsontoys, I dropped him a line on eBay the other day to inquire about his plethora of Lograys, and mentioned that I was interested in buying one (not really), but had seen his name pop up a couple time around the net regarding possible customs/fakes that he was selling.  Just curious as to what he'd have to say in his defense...  This was his response:

Hi Matt,all the kubrick we are selling are 100% authentic and new.I know we will have many questions about why we have many Logray kubrick.
Actually,my friend work in a toy shop in Japan.So he can get many kubrick from the dealer
if we buy a lot.So we bought like 50 of the Logray Kubrick.We have another star wars Kubrick.But we only sell for Local market in Hong Kong.We will have many Kubrick like Special Force,Disney,Marvel Kubrick etc.But now we only want to sold all the Logray first.And when we get those kubrick from the seller.They only gave us like 30 boxes.So sometimes we have box and sometimes we dont have.Thats why we said you can email us to find any rare kubrick.Cause we have many stock but most of them sell for Hong Kong and Taiwan.Only some of them sell on ebay.According to the Lucasfilm policy.The Star Wars Kubrick cant import from the authorized dealer to the states.So you can find all of the Star wars Kubrick are imported from Japan or Hong Kong by the seller directly.So we sell those on ebay.I hope you can understand because our poor english.Also if we are making the fake one.Why we only make the Logray?Why dont we just make the other such
as Boba Fett,Darth Vader or some crazy price Kubrick or be@rbrick?I'm a Kubrick collector also.So we just want to share all the product we can easy to find over here to get some extra money to buy some kubrick from anywhere they can easy to find.We spend all the money to buy Kubrick from ebay or Japan Yahoo.We never took money from Paypal.So what we have earned?Also nowaday I really have seen some fake be@rbrick in Taiwan.But not Kubrick.Especially unbreakable
Star Wars Kubrick.I only saw some kubrick from Medicom look like fake.Cause they sold to the market without inspection.They are chaper but they still authentic.If you need.I can send you some photo for our store.Thanks for your questions and I hope we can share some experience about collect kubrick.

::)

What a load of

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #791 on: July 26, 2005, 08:09 PM »
Whoa! That's rich!  ::)

Yeah, lets see pic's of this store just for the hell of it.  ;)

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #792 on: July 26, 2005, 10:31 PM »
 >:( not fake? kiss my a**..

if its not fake, why refund me so fast??

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #793 on: July 27, 2005, 01:06 AM »
Where can I preorder series 5?

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #794 on: July 27, 2005, 08:22 AM »
Okay.  I'm back.  Sorry to take a few days with the photos of the "Logray".  (I'd left my camera at my parents.)  Anyway, please forgive the somewhat terrible pictures.  (Why is it so hard to take pics on a digital camera??  Grrr!!)

Anyway, since I don't have a real Logray yet, I can't make side-by-side comparissons.  But Wicket came in handy at one point.
- Right off the bat, I noticed the different paint job.  It's a lot more shiny than real Kubricks.  Just look at his hands and feet on some of those photos.  Way too shiny.  And it's hard to tell from my crappy photos, but his tummy's also got really shiny paint.
- His hands are not real Kubrick hands.  How do I know?  I cannot, for the life of me, put that damned stick in his left hand.  It is impossible.  WTF??  It is made of some wicked-harder plastic.  Aren't Kubrick hands supposed to be softer?  More like rubber, but harder?  This is ridiculously hard to bend.
- The paint detail on his medical bag is also crappy.  Goes outside the 'line' on some of the bits.  Looks like blotches of grey, yellow... yuck!
- And last, but not least, look at how wide I was able to open his legs.  That's what gave it away.  Star Wars Kubricks are sometimes hard to stand perfectly still.  Their legs, because of them being made 'Unbreakable', can't be moved like non-Star Wars 'bricks.  (Some of them, like my Leia and Boba Fett have their toes somewhat pointing each other - am I right?)  Try opening other Star Wars Kubricks' legs that wide, it's damn near impossible.

Conclusion: Fake Logray.