Author Topic: Target Exclusive Rogue Two Snowspeeder  (Read 70509 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: Rebel Snowspeeder w/ Zev - Target Exclusive
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 03:09 PM »
P-A-S-S
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 03:09 PM by Roton7 »
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 05:04 PM »
I'll be grabbing this one. 

Sure, it will be my 4th Snowspeeder but I'm a sucker for Rebel Pilots, especially when they took the time to give us a new removable helmet sculpt.   :)

I just hope Target doesn't try to get more than $30 for it.

Classic OT Snowspeeder:  087-06-1799 - $29.99
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 05:07 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 05:16 PM »
The price is ok enough to warrant buying this for the figure and giving the speeder away... 

Not to knock the snowspeeder though, it's one of the vintage's better sculpts I think, but it's HUGE compared to what it should be so I'm gonna pass on keeping it...  I will say though, the Snowspeeder itself deserves a nod in quality improvements...

For instance, look at the paint applications there?  Those are superior to any vehicle we've seen in the modern line so far, Green A-Wing included (which I feel is currently the #1 in quality).  The burns from blaster fire are multi-layered and very professional looking (compared with a prop shot of the speeder).  I think that and the additional breaking flaps retooling Hasbro did is worth a nod in the positive column...  It's an overall improved ship from stem to stern, so I mean that's worth mentioning since Hasbro didn't just repaint and repackage something.  A little extra effort is there, and man that paintjob is nice for this line of toys.

The figure I'm curious on...  Are you sure that's Dutch's torso and legs, Ryan?  I hope you're right as it'll be at least a slightly more poseable figure than it appears to be.  I mean, on one hand I'm elated to see something "new" in as a pack-in figure, and obviously Jeff's right that the removable helmet is something Hasbro should've been doing with almost every Pilot pack-in we've seen so far...  So it's great to get this one.

At the same time I find the lack of at least angle-cut joints at the elbows to be disappointing...  I agree with Matthew that Hasbro just plunking a new LUke head onto this figure is NOT what I want in terms of a Snowspeeder Luke. 

For one, the height is going to be wrong...  BUt also I agree that I'd like more arm articulation.  This figure, with new arms (at least with elbow/wrist joints added), would be an ideal base for a Wedge I think...  But definitely not Luke.  Of course, I'd be ok with them taking VTSC Luke and reworking him with the puffy add-ons. :)  Right height and all...

The only thing is the boots don't match up then, but maybe new lower-legs would be possible? 

Anyway the headsculpt is nice I think...  Likeness seems really accurate.  The helmet looks pretty good, and I'll buy this for the figure and give the Snowspeeder away I think or sell it separately.

Surprised at the work put into the pack-in...  When was the last time they tried this hard?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 05:56 PM »
Holy cow! We're actually getting a brand new pilot sculpt!

Sir Steve's Guide Snowpeeder pictures

He looks to be partially kitbashed. The arms, skirt and ring around the color are new. I main body appears to be Dutch. Much better than the old Target rebel pilots with the Biggs or Luke bodies.
The snowspeeder is kinda unimpressive, it looks too close to the POTF2 version. The WalMart snowspeeder's paint job was much better. I am still buying it, count me in for one!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 06:03 PM »

The figure I'm curious on... Are you sure that's Dutch's torso and legs, Ryan? I hope you're right as it'll be at least a slightly more poseable figure than it appears to be. I mean, on one hand I'm elated to see something "new" in as a pack-in figure, and obviously Jeff's right that the removable helmet is something Hasbro should've been doing with almost every Pilot pack-in we've seen so far... So it's great to get this one.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure, everything seems to match up with the sculpt. If you look closely you can see what looks to be the knee joint just under the leg strap.

The chest box is repainted as is the harness. It looks like the wrists may have a swivel joint but like you Jesse I would have really like to have at least seen some angle cut elbows.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 06:18 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 06:05 PM »
Jack, you and Ryan have a good eye. At least that means the knees are articulated.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2006, 06:16 PM »
I just hope Target doesn't try to get more than $30 for it.

Classic OT Snowspeeder:  087-06-1799 - $29.99

Good. I'll pay $30 for a vehicle I don't yet have, especially when it comes with a neat pack-in like that one.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2006, 06:17 PM »
Fix the arms up a bit and this is a really well-done figure, pack-in or not, kitbash or not.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 06:17 PM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 09:25 PM »
I say it looks pretty kickass for being a rehash, repaint, kitbash or whatever the hell else you guys say  ;D

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 09:37 PM »
While the sppeeder does look like the POTF2 one, at least they returned to the vintage rear gun not the enormous missile launcher from the 90's.

And it looks like the damaged right side is cleaned up.

So you can have 4 Snowspeeders and they would all be varied enough to be true to the movie situation.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 10:11 PM »
While the figure isn't perfect (the boots are wrong) it's cooler than anything I would have imagined that they would have put in.  I'll buy this one in a heart beat.  But I'm wondering why they don't bother with the vintage harpoon and tow-cable...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 10:37 PM »
I think the shirt thing is gay looking. If this is the final production version, then this figure need work big time. I might get one if I can in stores, but will be customizing the figure that is for sure. He needs too much that Hasbro over looked.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2006, 10:46 PM »
As GH pointed out, there seems to be a mini-dio inside the package! Maybe that is actually plastic, and not cardboard! That would rock! 8)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2006, 11:25 PM »
i just want Zev  :-\

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 12:24 AM »
I am getting it, because I don't have a snowspeeder vehicle.

Zev is awesome, which makes me wonder of two things.

1. Where's is our SA Snowspeeder Luke?

2. Where's is our SA Snowspeeder Wedge?