Author Topic: I will answer your question as a representative of Hasbro  (Read 28987 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: I will answer your question as a representative of Hasbro
« Reply #120 on: October 9, 2005, 10:00 PM »
Does a flat tax favor the wealthy?
"This is the way."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 9, 2005, 10:33 PM »
Any chance of us getting SA versions of the ROTJ Scout Trooper and the ESB Snowtrooper in Saga 2? But knowing you fiendish Hasbro executives you'll probably just give us the POTJ Biker Scout Trooper and the Vintage Snowtrooper.  :P

And if you Hasbro employees don't have any testacles or brains, for that matter, how do you have the balls to come up with such lame-ass exclusives like the $20 gay pride covert operations Clones? And think that people will actually buy that monstrosoty?

Why is there 19 pegs of pegwarming Target exclusive StarCases at my local Targets? Do you honestly think a casual Star Wars fan would go to a Target and think to himself, "Boy, these are some mighty fine StarCases they're sellin' here, I might git a couple." No. You're making these to make sure the normal eBay scalper gets their scalped toys to the highest bidder in mint condition, arn't you?

« Last Edit: October 9, 2005, 10:33 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2005, 10:34 AM »
I almost forgot this one.  My apologies, sir.  The SW Choppers were designed by Felipe, a small child we employ as a designer in the Pawtucket warehouse.  He is only 8 years old, but as that kid in the "Jerry Maguire" movie showed us, all kids are smarter than your average person.  Felipe has designed some of our more popular toys, such as Arena Battle Padme, Cantina Han Solo, and Exploding General Grievous.  Felipe also has photographs of Roy with a sheep and a pint of bourbon whiskey, so I think you can figure out why Felipe gets to design what he wants.

I'm chuckling out loud (and will continue to do so) because of this. And this is notable because it is currently 7:30 in the blessed am, it's a Monday and I've already been at work for 2 hours, so any laughter not induced by gas or a soft bowel movement right now is a good thing.

Thanks, DP. :)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2005, 11:52 PM »
Why is there a case assortment that looks like this:

Collection 1, Wave 8 contains 12 individually packaged action figures including: 1x Anakin Skywalker (EIII #2), 1x Yoda (EIII #26), 1x Chewbacca (EIII #5), 2x Darth Vader (EIII #11), 1x Emperor Palpatine (EIII #12), 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (EIII #27), 1x General Grievous (EIII #36), 2x Clone Trooper (EIII #41), 1x R2-D2 with Mustafar sounds (EIII #48), 1x Commander Bly (EIII #59)

That makes no sense at all!!!! 1 new figure and 11 figures that have been out for months? Most of them pegwarming, no less???

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2005, 12:35 AM »
I just wanted to say thanks for nothing in regard to the "Seperation of the Twins" packs. They suck and so does Hasbro. DIE.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2005, 04:21 PM »

If applied correctly, a Flat Tax would be based on an incremental basis (meaning if you were in a low income bracket, you would only pay 3% of your total income; by contrast if you owned an oil company, you would pay 89% of your total income, leveling the playing field considerably in the ideal Hasbro communist dictatorship).  However, most people have realized that the Flat Tax would not be based on such a model, and as such, the rich would stay rich while the poor would continue to stay poor, unless they happen to suddenly come into possession of a massive oil refinery that falls off the back of a truck in China. 

For us here at Hasbro, we neither support or oppose any kind of tax structure, be it income-based, flat tax, or so on.  The only kind of tax we believe in is the Hasbro Tax.  This tax is based on an overall level of the consumer's willingness to pay 10 dollars for Force Battler figures and/or Unleashed Battle Packs.  The Utapaun Warrior UL BPs will one day be used as currency when Thunderdome opens.  If you don't believe me, call Mel Gibson.

Collection 1, Wave 8 contains 12 individually packaged action figures including: 1x Anakin Skywalker (EIII #2), 1x Yoda (EIII #26), 1x Chewbacca (EIII #5), 2x Darth Vader (EIII #11), 1x Emperor Palpatine (EIII #12), 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (EIII #27), 1x General Grievous (EIII #36), 2x Clone Trooper (EIII #41), 1x R2-D2 with Mustafar sounds (EIII #48), 1x Commander Bly (EIII #59)

That makes no sense at all!!!! 1 new figure and 11 figures that have been out for months? Most of them pegwarming, no less???

At Hasbro, we want to get the greatest variety of figures out to the largest amount of people, especially with the holiday seasons coming up.  As such, we want parents to be able to get the best currently available version of a particular character, as long as it is cheaper for us to make.  Thus, you will notice that in this assortment, we have omitted the Grievous #9, Obi-Wan #55, and any Clone Trooper repaints, since these require effort.  That's not how Hasbro rolls.

With none of these figures available right now in superior forms opposed to these (unless you count the Emperor in the Evolutions set, the Anakin and Vader figures in the Evolution set, the Deluxe Grievous, the Pilot Obi-Wan) or that they are not available in other gift packs for cheaper prices (Grievous, Chewbacca, Yoda, Palpatine), we feel that this case is the best way to get the best characters on the best shelves in the best stores for you to spend your best money on.  Best.

Commander Bly is an unpopular character with fans, and as such we did not want to ship him or Commander Gree or the Tactical Ops Clone Trooper too heavily.  Honestly, who wants to buy figures of cold-blooded murderers?  They killed the Jedis!  Did you not see "Return of the Sith?"  Do you like murderers?  We do not like marketing figures of mass murderers to children, so if you want that, call McFarlane Toys or something, as I'm sure that they have some John Wayne Manson Dahmer figure to sell you.  We'll stick to wholesome non-murderers like Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine, thank you very much.

I just wanted to say thanks for nothing in regard to the "Seperation of the Twins" packs. They suck and so does Hasbro. DIE.

Thank you very much for the awesome feedback!  It is only thanks to our loyal fans that we know what we are doing is universally appreciated and worshipped by our paid shills and Australian doppelgangers.

The thing I am confused about in your post, Cody is your final word: "DIE."  Are you German?  I apologize for my nonfluency but what purpose does a one word sentence serve?  "THE?"  I don't understand what you are talking about. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2005, 07:47 PM »

If applied correctly, a Flat Tax would be based on an incremental basis (meaning if you were in a low income bracket, you would only pay 3% of your total income; by contrast if you owned an oil company, you would pay 89% of your total income, leveling the playing field considerably in the ideal Hasbro communist dictatorship).  However, most people have realized that the Flat Tax would not be based on such a model, and as such, the rich would stay rich while the poor would continue to stay poor, unless they happen to suddenly come into possession of a massive oil refinery that falls off the back of a truck in China. 

For us here at Hasbro, we neither support or oppose any kind of tax structure, be it income-based, flat tax, or so on.  The only kind of tax we believe in is the Hasbro Tax.  This tax is based on an overall level of the consumer's willingness to pay 10 dollars for Force Battler figures and/or Unleashed Battle Packs.  The Utapaun Warrior UL BPs will one day be used as currency when Thunderdome opens.  If you don't believe me, call Mel Gibson.

At Hasbro, we want to get the greatest variety of figures out to the largest amount of people, especially with the holiday seasons coming up.  As such, we want parents to be able to get the best currently available version of a particular character, as long as it is cheaper for us to make.  Thus, you will notice that in this assortment, we have omitted the Grievous #9, Obi-Wan #55, and any Clone Trooper repaints, since these require effort.  That's not how Hasbro rolls.

With none of these figures available right now in superior forms opposed to these (unless you count the Emperor in the Evolutions set, the Anakin and Vader figures in the Evolution set, the Deluxe Grievous, the Pilot Obi-Wan) or that they are not available in other gift packs for cheaper prices (Grievous, Chewbacca, Yoda, Palpatine), we feel that this case is the best way to get the best characters on the best shelves in the best stores for you to spend your best money on.  Best.

Commander Bly is an unpopular character with fans, and as such we did not want to ship him or Commander Gree or the Tactical Ops Clone Trooper too heavily.  Honestly, who wants to buy figures of cold-blooded murderers?  They killed the Jedis!  Did you not see "Return of the Sith?"  Do you like murderers?  We do not like marketing figures of mass murderers to children, so if you want that, call McFarlane Toys or something, as I'm sure that they have some John Wayne Manson Dahmer figure to sell you.  We'll stick to wholesome non-murderers like Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine, thank you very much.

Thank you very much for the awesome feedback!  It is only thanks to our loyal fans that we know what we are doing is universally appreciated and worshipped by our paid shills and Australian doppelgangers.

The thing I am confused about in your post, Cody is your final word: "DIE."  Are you German?  I apologize for my nonfluency but what purpose does a one word sentence serve?  "THE?"  I don't understand what you are talking about. 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2005, 12:02 AM »
Guns vs Butter?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2005, 12:31 AM »
I don't know if this has been asked before, but when are we going to get a Cantina Han? And more importantly, which online retailer will get it as a silver exclusive?
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2005, 04:07 PM »
Guns vs Butter?

In case you haven't noticed, we've been making the guns for the Star Wars line out of reconstituted butter lately, so to choose our favorite would be impossible, since they are the same thing.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but when are we going to get a Cantina Han? And more importantly, which online retailer will get it as a silver exclusive?

We are aware of the awesome demand for a Han Solo figure as featured in the Mos Eisley Cantina and we are looking for ways to reintroduce this figure in the future.  As far as I can tell, we have never done a Mos Eisley Cantina Han Solo.  Looking back on things, we did a CommTech Chip Han Solo, a Saga 2003 Han Solo, a 2004 Hall of Fame Han Solo, a 2004 Original Trilogy Collection Han Solo, a Darth Vader carrying case pack-in Han Solo, a Target exclusive Collector's Cup Han Solo, a Millennium Falcon flight crew Han Solo, a 2005 post-Original Trilogy Collection Han Solo, and a Topeka, Kansas Gas-n-Gulp Exclusive Off-White Han Solo, but I don't think we've ever done a Cantina Han Solo.  Great idea!

As for the silver figure exclusive portion of your comment, I regret to inform everyone that silver is on the way out.  Roy informs me that the Krylon we used for the paint deco was discontinued, so we have switched to doing the exclusive figures in a holographic style.  That said, a holographic Han Solo (as he appeared in "Aliens vs. Predator") is a great idea!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Why can't Target get an exclusive Lava Reflection Cantina Han as well? >:(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2005, 07:00 PM »
When is the all Neimodian Warrior case supposed to ship? I can't find this figure anywhere!
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2005, 10:31 PM »
Can you just give us to basic figure product list for 2006? I mean, why keep us in suspense?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2005, 11:03 PM »
Why can't Target get an exclusive Lava Reflection Cantina Han as well? >:(

Target hasn't asked for it yet, or else we would have offered it to them.  Due to the universal praise for the currently available  ;) Lava Reflection Darth Vader(s) and Obi-Wan Kenobi, we have decided to go ahead with several figures using such a paint scheme.  You may have already seen the mention earlier in this thread about the "Forest Reflection" Ewok assortment coming to Internet's most competitively priced etailer, but you may not have heard of our other "reflection" figures scheduled for next year.

First of all, Wal-Mart will be getting a series of "Small Town Destruction Reflection" action figures; Toys R Us will get a line of "Rabid Giraffe Reflection" action figures; Kay Bee Toys will get a line of "Chapter 11 Filing Documentation Reflection" action figures; and Ebay will get a line of "Dorito Induced Obesity Reflection" action figures.

It should also be noted that although Amazon will take orders for the Rabid Giraffe Reflection figure line, these orders will not be filled. 

When is the all Neimodian Warrior case supposed to ship? I can't find this figure anywhere!

A scant few naysayers on the internets suggest that Hasbro does not listen to its consumer base, that we are not aware of what is and isn't selling at retail, and that we may have never seen all of the Star Wars films.  I can tell you that these people are bald-faced liars and as sure as Tom Cruise is a heterosexual Catholic, I am here to tell you that listening to collectors is at the top of Hasbro's agenda. 

Because of your request, Mr. Doom, and the reluctance of retail to commit to the most popular figure of our time, we will be sending 140 cases of Neimoidian Warriors directly to you in Latveria.  By doing so, we hope that we have avoided your wrath and that you won't steal our Beyonder powers anytime soon.

Can you just give us to basic figure product list for 2006? I mean, why keep us in suspense?

It is Hasbro policy to treat everything we do as if it is being planned as a National Security mission.  We realize that the world would implode should people who wish to buy our products were aware of what was going to be released, and if our collecting base was already stretched thin in terms of patience and tolerance for foolhardy decisions, we might do things differently.  The truth of the matter is that everyone loves us and thinks (rightfully so) that Hasbro does what is in the best interests of everyone.  Therefore, we will not reveal any of the 2006 Saga offerings past The Battle of Carkoon wave until the time is right.  Or until you give me a dollar.  Whichever comes first.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2005, 10:50 AM »
Which is the better Ewok Adventures T.V Movie, Caravan Of Courage or Battle For Endor?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 10:52 AM by HunterofThePegs »