Collecting > Celebration IV - Ultimate Group Project

The UGP at CIV - The Official Web Coverage and Picture Thread

(1/8) > >>

Phrubruh:
Day 1 Wednesday 9:30am

Well, we got there at 9:30 this morning to find out that none of the tables where setup at all. Frank didn't arrive until the afternoon. We unloaded the cars and dragged it all upstairs and organized ourselves. We cut up the board and layed out the vinyl flooring. Then we made lots of calls to the gencon staff wondering where our tables were. We went back and for hours with Gencon and the union workers about what they would and wouldn't do. We wondered around the convention and checked out hasbro booth. You guys are in for a great treat when the pictures are posted!!! Torcher Han, concept yoda, obiwan, girl luke and concept grevious where all there. The alien grevious looked cool as did yoda on his horse. They have a ep2 jedi star fighter with hyperspace boost ring. Lots of great stuff!!! We had lunch down at the Original Pantry.

Finally the union workers got our tables out and setup then up at 6:00PM!!!! They then wanted to place a plastic sheet over the tables which took another half hour. By then we were completely pissed because the convention center made us leave at 8pm. We quickly got the base in place and leveled everything. We got the landscape in place and the wall. We unpacked everything and placed it on the table for setting up tomorrow morning at 8am. The doors to the fan club open at noon.

The nice thing though is that they let us into shop star wars and we each picked up four exclusive r2-d2, c3po concept figures. Anyway, enjoy the pictures below.

Here is a dio I think from Star Tours Kris.

Frank's Endor trees

BrentS:
Looks good men. Sorry you guys had such a rough time of it getting the set-up started!  Looking forward to seeing more photos!

PenDragon:
Cool stuff guys! Awesome to see it coming together (even if it's not in person  :P)

Keep 'em coming! I'll post 'em on the ugp web site as soon as I can (I might actually get my car back today, so I may not get home for a while)

Smartypants1635:
Awesome, its looking really really good, Can't wait to see it populated. This turned out just as good if not better than I had hoped ;D You guys are doing great, keep it up, and I might see you guys on TV. :P
Adam

Darth_Anton:
Guys, I have to say - WOW! :o

Seeing your stuff first hand is truly jaw dropping. There's a lot of amazing work on that table.

Despite the setback, it was great time yesterday, between being there, handling the pieces and getting to work with Paul and Ryan, you couldn't ask for a better way to spend a day. Also, Frank and his crew are just amazingly great people.

I'm really bummed we couldn't finish last night. I was really looking forward to setting up figures. Paul and Ryan get that pleasure today. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version