Multimedia > TV-9D9

Obi-Wan Kenobi Series (SPOILERS possible)

<< < (2/47) > >>

Jesse James:
It's a film rumor, but nothing confirmed.

That's been outed as fake, so I'd guess it's just someone running with that character's name coming up again and again is all.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Dave on July  8, 2015, 01:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: Nicklab on July  8, 2015, 11:28 AM ---There is certainly the possibility that the graphic could be bogus.  But with the rumors of Ewan McGregor returning for an Obi-Wan film and previous rumors of Boba Fett being involved in an anthology film?  It gives you the sense that this could be legit.

--- End quote ---

This is the first I've heard of a Kenobi film.  Is that just someone trolling, informed speculation, or confirmed?

I'd love to see some Ewan as Kenobi, interacting with Yoda, and taking out an Inquisitor or two.  Heck, maybe even interacting with Ashoka.

--- End quote ---

Ewan McGregor has expressed on multiple occasions his interest in doing an Obi-Wan Kenobi anthology film.  He said as much recently in a Hollywood Reporter article that ran on June 22nd.

Jeff:
I'm kinda torn on Kenobi.  On one hand, I'd like to see Ewan reprise the role for a new movie about old Ben...  but on the other hand, what does he do?

I've always kind of imagined he just lived out his days in the desert, studying Jedi stuff and watching over Luke.  I just assumed he never really did much because why would he? 

Nicklab:
I think Ewan was a great PT Obi-Wan.  He captured the essence of what Alec Guiness made of the character in the OT.  As for what he does during his exile?

-He seems to know a lot about Mos Eisley.  He said as much to Luke in ANH, that "You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy".  And when it came to the Cantina?  He offered up "Most of the best star pilots can be found here.  But watch your step.  This place can be a little rough".  So has Obi-Wan actually travelled off of Tatooine between the events of Episodes 3 and 4?  His knowledge of the pilots who frequent the Cantina seems to indicate that he may have employed their services at some point in time.

-There's a rumor related to Obi-Wan Kenobi that's emerged in spoilers for THE FORCE AWAKENS.  And some backstory for that rumor might be in order to flesh out that story.

-Obi-Wan seems to have been watching out for Luke during his exile.  What has that entailed?  Has he been on the lookout for any Imperials that might be searching?  An Inquisitor?  Tusken Raiders?  And Obi-Wan has definitely earned the disdain of Owen Lars.  Just handing off a newborn to a couple doesn't necessarily earn you the title of "crazy old man" without some backstory.

-Yoda said that he had training for Obi-Wan during his exile on Tatooine.  So will we see Obi-Wan in his hut, meditating, learning the secrets of becoming One with The Force?  Or even communicating with Yoda via The Force?  It doesn't seem to be the stuff of an sci-fi/fantasy adventure, but it's a plot point worth exploring.

-There's also the dangling Darth Maul survival plot point that's carried over from THE CLONE WARS.  The comic limited series didn't bring that storyline to a complete close.

I think there's the material there to make a film.  But it's in a somewhat unenviable position of having to touch on what may be some very specific plot points.  And I think that was one of the pitfalls of the prequels, where all of these very particular events needed to be addressed.

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: Jeff on July  9, 2015, 10:42 AM ---I've always kind of imagined he just lived out his days in the desert, studying Jedi stuff and watching over Luke.  I just assumed he never really did much because why would he?

--- End quote ---

Exactly.  I doubt he'd leave Tatooine to fight an Inquisitor.  And if he's fighting Inquisitors on Tatooine, that would ring bells that Tatooine is a hot spot for Jedi activity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version