Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 213512 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #885 on: July 26, 2023, 10:09 AM »
I'd like some slightly smaller, slightly cheaper items that encourage multiple purchases, like Hasbro did with the HISS tank. Something like the Y-Wing or B-Wing would be great, but I'm sure there are plenty of other options. That I could see annually. I'd easily buy 3-4 Y-Wings if they were to-scale (or at least much closer) and around $175-$250.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 26, 2023, 11:53 AM »
I think every 3 years for a large vehicle / item on par with the BMF Falcon, Sail Barge, Razor Crest or Ghost might be a manageable schedule for collectors.  Maybe even something like the unproduced POTF2 Death Star!  I know some pics of that have been circulating around social media in the past day or so.

But I think getting 1 ship per year that's a bit beyond the size of a starfighter would be welcome.  Something that's priced between $150 and $250, give or take.  Things like a larger U-Wing or Luthen's Fondor Haulcraft come to mind.  Maybe Ahsoka's T-6 shuttle.

As for large items that could make a future Haslab?  These come to mind:
-Death Star playset (large)
-Imperial Lamda class shuttle - redone from the ground up
-Millennium Falcon - SOLO deco
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 12:04 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #887 on: July 26, 2023, 12:47 PM »
-Millennium Falcon - SOLO deco

Here I am trying to figure out how to downsize the number of BMFs I have open (ANH, ESB, SWGE/ST) and Nick's over here trying to add one more to my collection.   ;D

At least if they go that route, it'd increase the chances of them finally giving us TVC versions of L3-37, Rio, Val, Beckett, Qi'ra, Dryden Vos, etc.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 26, 2023, 01:13 PM »
Maybe even something like the unproduced POTF2 Death Star!  I know some pics of that have been circulating around social media in the past day or so.

I have been obsessing over a sketch Jayson did of a potential Death Star Haslab mockup he saw, which has led me to looking up all the Death Star prototypes over the years...so that was probably my doing!

But for the record, I would much rather have the POTF Imperial Outpost as a future project if we are picking between cancelled playsets.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 01:19 PM by Muftak »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #889 on: July 27, 2023, 08:44 AM »
I have been obsessing over a sketch Jayson did of a potential Death Star Haslab mockup he saw

Do you have a link to share?  Interested to see which rumored version this is...

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 27, 2023, 09:15 AM »

Do you have a link to share?  Interested to see which rumored version this is...

He posted it here:

https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/the-ghost-8-561-backers.1151891/page-9

It's about the middle of the page.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #891 on: July 27, 2023, 09:29 AM »
He posted it here:

https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/the-ghost-8-561-backers.1151891/page-9

Ah, the mega-set version.  If Hasbro finally finds the guts to do that version as a HasLab, it'd set the collecting world on fire - the size of that thing, the high price tag it likely has.

If they did announce it though, I'd be right there with my $1,000 to back it.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #892 on: July 27, 2023, 02:21 PM »
Why would you need Vader's meditation chamber?  That was on his Star Destroyer.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 27, 2023, 02:25 PM »
I'm sure he has to meditate all over the galaxy. 

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 27, 2023, 02:32 PM »

In the scenes cut from the beginning of Return of the Jedi, the first place Vader goes upon his arrival at Death Star II is his meditation chamber.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 02:33 PM by Muftak »

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 27, 2023, 04:20 PM »

In the scenes cut from the beginning of Return of the Jedi, the first place Vader goes upon his arrival at Death Star II is his meditation chamber.

Isn't the "Meditation Chamber" the first place everyone goes after a long flight?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 27, 2023, 04:46 PM »
They could certainly cut a few sections out to save a few bucks.  Sure I'd spend $1000 on the mega set, but I'd prefer if they scaled it back a bit to something in the $400-600 range, or made it modular so you could buy it in chunks over a few years. 

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 3, 2023, 10:27 AM »
Something like the Y-Wing or B-Wing would be great

Yes! I hoped this would be a Haslab project a couple of years ago, in scale with the x-wing. (1:18 would be over 4'.) There could be different color options.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 2, 2023, 08:50 AM »
After the Ghost, I'd really like Hasbro to have mini-Haslabs that focus on never-before-made figures multipacks that wouldn't sell well at retail.  Have a focus on Jabba's Skiff/Barge guards, Cantina denizens, characters that interacted with the Razor Crest, characters that interacted with The Ghost, Jedi, Ewoks, Partisans... the possibilities are endless.  Make the packs on cards (like the 3 packs we've been getting) but put them in the $100-150 range (for 4-5 figures).  They could do this a couple times a year, once during a big Haslab campaign, and I think collectors would be for that.  But I know I'm only dreaming.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #899 on: September 3, 2023, 02:30 AM »
After the Ghost, I'd really like Hasbro to have mini-Haslabs that focus on never-before-made figures multipacks that wouldn't sell well at retail.  Have a focus on Jabba's Skiff/Barge guards, Cantina denizens, characters that interacted with the Razor Crest, characters that interacted with The Ghost, Jedi, Ewoks, Partisans... the possibilities are endless.  Make the packs on cards (like the 3 packs we've been getting) but put them in the $100-150 range (for 4-5 figures).  They could do this a couple times a year, once during a big Haslab campaign, and I think collectors would be for that.  But I know I'm only dreaming.

I do like that idea, too. It would be a good way to get some of the deeper cut figures on our wishlists. It's not the TLC/TAC days anymore. I feel like this may be one of the only remaining avenues to get some of the more unique background characters.
"This is the way."