Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (HBO)  (Read 250015 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO)
« Reply #645 on: June 3, 2016, 11:01 AM »
On that subject, Emilia Clarke was very adamant about the fact that she didn't use a body double for the burning of the Dothraki temple.

Things do seem to be coming together in a big way on the show.  Dany and the Dothraki seem like they're on their way to Meereen.  And so do the Ironborn under Euron Greyjoy.  But will he have the old Valyrian relic that he brought to the Kingsmoot in the books?

From the coming attractions it looks like Sansa and Jon are trying to build alliances with some of the Northern houses.  It looked like they try to enlist the Mormonts and the Glovers, based on the sigils I saw.  And a showdown with the Boltons seems pretty inevitable. 

I'm also wondering how things are going to shake out in the Riverlands.  Jaime Lannister seems like he's on the outs with King Tommen.  The Blackfish has retaken Riverrun.  Walder Frey is pissed at his Monty Python looking sons.  And Brienne is headed back to the Riverlands, too.  Could we possibly see LS after all this time?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 6, 2016, 09:04 AM »
I knew that big, ugly ****** was still alive!

TV once again adheres to its own unique law of physics, if a tree dies in the forest, but is not explicitly show dying onscreen, then that tree will eventually be brought back to life.

At this rate it's only a matter of time before Stannis shows up again...

I was expecting a lot more from an Ian McShane GoT cameo, but I guess we will take what we can get. I assume they were still hanging out around the Vale? Were the guys that slaughtered them Dondarrion's (sic) men or just some other band of Brothers?

Bear Island looked pretty cool, but geez...62 men? The army building is not going so well. Maybe a quick raven to Littlefinger will help?

Arya  :-\
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 6, 2016, 10:35 AM »
(well, since Ned got his head chopped off anyway)

Wait, he what?!  Dammit Ryan!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #648 on: June 6, 2016, 11:02 AM »
I was expecting a lot more from an Ian McShane GoT cameo, but I guess we will take what we can get. I assume they were still hanging out around the Vale? Were the guys that slaughtered them Dondarrion's (sic) men or just some other band of Brothers? 

It was indeed the Brotherhood Without Banners (according the the wiki).  Kind of a dick move slaughtering a group of innocent people...

Bear Island looked pretty cool, but geez...62 men? The army building is not going so well. Maybe a quick raven to Littlefinger will help?

I'm 100% certain that's the letter Sansa was writing.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #649 on: June 7, 2016, 07:35 PM »

I'm always kinda surprised by these characters outside of the show.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 7, 2016, 08:19 PM »
I can't even tell who that is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #651 on: June 7, 2016, 11:10 PM »
It's The Waif...  I was pretty blown away myself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 8, 2016, 12:58 PM »
Wow... yeah, hair and make-up can make almost anyone look almost any way.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 8, 2016, 01:51 PM »
It was a few weeks ago after the premier that I saw some photos from a premier event in London or wherever, and they had lots of photos of the cast.  I needed a cheat sheet on a few, and others blew me away.

Half the characters in the show are made to look dirty, disheveled, etc.  The character Gilly was one of the ones that surprised me as well.  She looks homely in the show with her burlap clothes and mud smeared face, but she is actually fairly cute when cleaned up.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2016, 04:33 PM by Dave »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 8, 2016, 03:57 PM »
Yeah, wow - that's insane:

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 9, 2016, 09:18 AM »
Anyone looks great with makeup. Even JediMac.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 9, 2016, 01:43 PM »
(well, since Ned got his head chopped off anyway)

Wait, he what?!  Dammit Ryan!

Yeah sorry but I am a dick who doesn't care about spoiling stuff so just so you know pretty early on in the show the guy who was Boromir in Lord of the Rings gets killed. Lots of people die in this show and there's lots of boobs and guts, too. You will probably like it even though pretty much everyone just dies, I guess.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 10, 2016, 06:32 AM »
Some episode titles have leaked.  The Episode 9 title in particular is intriguing, because it's called 'Battle of the Bastards'.

I also saw something interesting for book readers.  And that's the name of the member of the Brotherhood wearing the yellow cloak.  Reportedly that's Lem Lemoncloak.  And his presence may indicate the return of another character that we thought we might see back in season 4, but that didn't come to pass.

I've got to agree that the Waif cleans up rather nicely!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:33 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 10, 2016, 06:00 PM »
holy sh!t that's waif?
and whats up with Gilly's accent is it real? haven't heard her speak out of character.
she sounds like one of the kids from Discovery channel- Alaskan Bush People.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 10, 2016, 06:34 PM »
I only started watching the show three weeks ago and finally got all caught up yesterday. I can't imagine how you guys have endured watching this from the start, with weeks between episodes and years between seasons. Jesus.

Anyway, I think it's a great show and I really enjoyed binging on the whole series. Seasons 1-4 were really good, but 5 kind of lulled, and so far 6 is just okay (relative to 1-4), but the entire series has been incredibly entertaining. Binging it like I have, Arya's development and progression as a character hasn't seemed as stunted as I imagine it would drawn out over two and a half years. She's my favorite (well, since Ned got his head chopped off anyway). Even watching through a binge marathon, Dany does a lot of the same things over and over but she's pretty cool and I can't wait until she inevitably marries Jon Snow and unites the realms. Or they both die gruesome, permanent deaths and then Tyrion becomes king. Or Margaery becomes queen. Or everybody gets killed by White Walkers. Pretty sure it will end up one of those ways.

Anyway, pretty much I'm just posting because you guys are dicks for not telling me about this show five years ago and for hogging it all to yourselves.

almost right there with you except I have only seen a couple episodes here n there before this new season when I started watching, I know spoiling myself watching this season and not all the previous seasons before.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge