Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 201374 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #705 on: January 17, 2008, 11:20 AM »
Mike - did you ever get your Cobra Legions on clearance?  I thought I saw a ton of these last week, but haven't seen a single one since they went 75% off...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #706 on: January 17, 2008, 11:36 AM »
Mike - did you ever get your Cobra Legions on clearance?  I thought I saw a ton of these last week, but haven't seen a single one since they went 75% off...

Ya I picked up two sets last week for $6.24 or whatever they were.  Not a bad deal.  I would have picked up more, but I don't want to go ape**** on army builders.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #707 on: January 17, 2008, 02:04 PM »
It is hard to build my usual ARMIES with the way they are doing things with this line.

If I snag my usual dozen of every type of Troop, I'll have over 200 troops by the end of the year alone(for reference the biggest Imperial Army I've had was 150 of all types of troops). 

I bought a dozen of the Cobra Legions 5 packs on clearance, but stopped myself from opening them (all) last night.  I've decided Cobra gets 6 of each troop (except EELS, VIPERS, BATS, SNOW SERPENTS if they make them)

To this point (I'll get a pic tonight) I have:

12 of the Cobra 5 Pack Cobra Soldier
12 of the Cobra Officer
6   of the Stinger Driver
6   of the Jump/Air Trooper
6   of the Comic/Cobra Legion Trooper
6   of the Silver Sigil Cobra Trooper
6   of the Crimson Guard (although, I may go a dozen on them)
2   of the Cobra Red Ninja (I'll wait till the TRU 5 pack to finish these out)

all this taking on my 12 different Snake Eyesesz (I kid, there are only 8 different ones so far)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #708 on: January 17, 2008, 08:02 PM »
gijoeclub.com has posted pictures of 2008 wave 3.

Looks cool but they forgot to sculpt the goggles.  Maybe they will have them as an accessory.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 08:02 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #709 on: January 17, 2008, 08:46 PM »
And the rest...

Definitely down with the Cobras, Wild Bill and Spirit (although he face looks a little funky).  Passing on yet another Duke and Snake Eyes.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #710 on: January 17, 2008, 09:00 PM »
Count me in for one of each with the exception of Duke, who I don't get the point of AT ALL.  Maybe it's just my fondness for the comics and overall distaste for the cartoon (hence my personal quote to the left), but I could do without Duke altogether after the first version, American flag or not.  Why couldn't they pack Duke in with the S.H.A.R.C. and release Grand Slam as a single carded figure in this wave?

Everything else in the wave, though, looks awesome, including Snake Eyes. :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #711 on: January 17, 2008, 10:25 PM »
Holy ****!  That was that last version of SE I owned as a kid before I left toys alltogether back in the day and I loved him.  A MUST HAVE!!   ;D

Viper, Wild Bill, Hiss Driver, Spirit, stupid Duke.  WOW!   Stupid Duke....UnWow....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #712 on: January 17, 2008, 10:51 PM »
So, Major Bludd, is he still coming and not shown yet?

They all look pretty damn keen.  Not sure why they feel the need to continually release slight repaints of Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes instead of just repacking the first version...seems like a waste of tooling money on something you've done 4 times already in a year.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #713 on: January 17, 2008, 11:52 PM »
That was the version of Snake Eyes I had back in the day, so he's a must-buy, as are the Viper and Spirit.
The rest I'll buy, though. They'd sell a lot more HISS tanks at Target if that HISS driver was packed with it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #714 on: January 18, 2008, 12:00 AM »
Major Bludd pushed back to wave 8.

Must be why they stuck that Duke in wave 7. That one really looks like a rush job.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #715 on: January 18, 2008, 09:26 AM »
That was that last version of SE I owned as a kid before I left toys alltogether back in the day

Same here, and I look forward to picking this one up as well.  That SE (and another joe, which I think was named Blizzard?) were the last action figures I remember buying "as a kid".  The whole wave looks pretty great, and I'm hoping to pick them all up aside from the Duke.  I can see why some people are already getting sick of Duke, SE, and SS though, and they could probably use a break for awhile now (which isn't likely).  I keep thinking I should drop this line (since I have enough to spend money on), but each wave continues to look pretty spiffy.  Once they get past the characters/figures I am most familiar with, that will probably be it.  Heck of a line so far though, and Hasbro doesn't seem to be nearly as stingy with pics/info/details as they are with the Star Wars (and Marvel) stuff this year.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #716 on: January 18, 2008, 11:44 AM »
Well they took the goggles off the Viper eh?  Probably a smart move.  It looks pretty cool... though I think that as a kid, I only liked this figure because the traditional Cobra officers were hard for me to get.  I only had 2 of those, but about 6 of the Vipers.  So, I'm not sure yet if I want to get any Vipers. 

I'll definitely pass on Snake Eyes, and probably the Hiss Driver. 

Duke, I might get this version.  I think it's kind of cool.  Especially with the U.S. Flag.

Spirit and Wild Bill look really good.  I'm sure I won't be able to pass those up.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #717 on: January 18, 2008, 12:05 PM »
Well they took the goggles off the Viper eh?  Probably a smart move.  It looks pretty cool... though I think that as a kid, I only liked this figure because the traditional Cobra officers were hard for me to get.

Same with me.  It would have been nice if Hasbro would have kept the officers/soldiers in the mix.  I think I only had one regular Cobra trooper until the Python Patrol came out.  Weren't both figures repainted for that unit?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #718 on: January 18, 2008, 12:14 PM »
Hmm... I don't know about that Viper.  Something looks off about it to me for some reason.  I might wait to see him in person before I make a call on it.

Wild Bill and Spirit look pretty spiffy though.  Spirit was another of my favorites as a kid so he's a definite.

I'll probably pass on the others although the Snake Eyes looks pretty good and has some decent accessories.  He's another I'll probably wait on till I see him on the shelf.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #719 on: January 18, 2008, 12:28 PM »
Well they took the goggles off the Viper eh?  Probably a smart move.  It looks pretty cool... though I think that as a kid, I only liked this figure because the traditional Cobra officers were hard for me to get.

Same with me.  It would have been nice if Hasbro would have kept the officers/soldiers in the mix.  I think I only had one regular Cobra trooper until the Python Patrol came out.  Weren't both figures repainted for that unit?

Yeah! Python Patrol was awesome... I was very happy, because some of the traditional Cobra soldiers were available again.  I didn't get any of the vehicles, but several of the figures.  This was right around the time that I was getting out of toys, but the Python Patrol stuff kept me in interested in collecting GI JOE for another year or so.

I remember these are the ones that I had -

Crimson Guard x 2
Cobra Trooper x 4
Cobra Viper x 2

I had a hard time convincing my parents to let me get so many of the Cobra Trooper... since I didn't want Copperhead or the others, they agreed.