Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 84971 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #285 on: June 8, 2006, 10:37 PM »
I'd say even simpler would be that the Imperials removed the vest from him, being sure to strip him of potential concealment spots for a weapon they missed.  He is missing it when they drag him to Vader afterall and hand over the only weapon he had...

Okay, fine, Mister "I have analyzed every single minute of every single movie of the saga looking for anything having to do with any weaponry or the military," you win.   ::)

Point being, he had the tunic on right up until he surrendered to Vader.  Doesn't matter how it came off his person.

I like to think that he took it off because he was so hot and bothered after talking to his former love interest.   :o

And to extrapolate on that, the real reason he turned himself in, was 'cause he knew he'd get to take that cold shower he needed on the Death Star.  Obviously, they didn't have the proper facilities at the Ewok village.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 9, 2006, 12:33 AM »
Yes thinking that I maked out with my sister would get me hot & bothered also!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #287 on: June 9, 2006, 01:10 AM »
I'm agreeing with you, you bastard. :)  Just offering a different perspective because I'm a loser...  of course.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 9, 2006, 01:24 AM »
So when will this come out?I'm hoping sometime in July instead of August.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 9, 2006, 01:43 AM »
Dumb aside thought from someone who never really keeps up with the news on anyting all that well:

With the Tatooine Wave is out now, and only two waves left supposedly in "The Saga Collection," this theoretically puts the line finishing up by July or August, right? Doesn't that mean that the line will be finished by the DVDs are out?

Now, I know there's those funky "DVD collector's sets" of repack figures that only I could love (because I don't even own the 4+ year old originals), but remember, there was a mention in some article about a "new line of action figures." As last I checked everyone assumed it meant those box sets, but perhaps this refers in fact to a real new line of figures, starting with the Yavin wave? And if there's a "rumored OTC2 line," that would make perfect sense to coincide with the new OT DVD release.

Just a thought ;) Might be a totally bogus, wacky theory on my part.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2006, 01:44 AM by Mitsukara »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #290 on: June 9, 2006, 01:51 AM »

July?!  We're just now seeing publicity pics of this wave, for ****'s sake!  We're not even close to seeing carded pics anytime soon, and when we do, it'll still be several weeks until they hit the states.

And keep in mind that the collective "Endor wave" is really gonna show up in two parts:  The first five (Chirpa, Jerjerrod, Imperial Gunner, the Emperor, and Threepio) and then the others (Luke, Rebel Troops, and Vader) with the Naboo wave, sometime after that.

They're still quite a ways off.

I'm agreeing with you, you bastard. :)  Just offering a different perspective because I'm a loser...  of course.

We're all losers, in our own special way. 

Gimme a hug, you son of a bitch.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 9, 2006, 02:09 AM »
Oh... well, that makes sense really, but when are the DVDs coming out? Isn't that still up in the air as well?

Like I said, my theory is a bit whack probably. Just something that popped to mind, and seemed like it might fit.

Whenever these come out, I'm still looking forward to that Luke and to C3PO. If I have the money to spare I might pick up a Vader too... though I might hunt up a real Emporer's Wrath Vader instead.

But for now I should be finding a R5-D4 and a Sandtrooper, really. I'd so love to get a bunch of those Sandtroopers, and make custom normal stormtroopers out of them... but I bear the Curse of the POTF2 apparently. Anyone want 2 normal (actually they're painted a bit, but it's only minor improvements), one slightly reposed, and two WIP reposed (not my handywork, though I'll probably seriously be finishing them) POTF2 stormtroopers, in exchange for one VOTC? How about two or three commtechs?? Pleeeease? No? Okay...

Perhaps I should go to bed. >.<
« Last Edit: June 9, 2006, 02:11 AM by Mitsukara »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #292 on: June 9, 2006, 02:22 AM »
Oh... well, that makes sense really, but when are the DVDs coming out? Isn't that still up in the air as well?

Still September 12.  Always been September 12.  Never been up in the air at all.

If I have the money to spare I might pick up a Vader too... though I might hunt up a real Emporer's Wrath Vader instead.

Why?  All the original POTJ figure has is the saber and the goofy Force File, while the new one has all this stuff, too:

I'm still not sure what the exposed skull and mechanical arm are there for, exactly, but this one just has "more stuff" than the old one; therefore, buying the old one instead of the new one is silly, unless you're a die-hard Force File collector.

And nobody collected those Force Files.

Except maybe Jesse.

They had a ton of military info in them.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 9, 2006, 02:28 AM »

July?!  We're just now seeing publicity pics of this wave, for ****'s sake!  We're not even close to seeing carded pics anytime soon, and when we do, it'll still be several weeks until they hit the states.

And keep in mind that the collective "Endor wave" is really gonna show up in two parts:  The first five (Chirpa, Jerjerrod, Imperial Gunner, the Emperor, and Threepio) and then the others (Luke, Rebel Troops, and Vader) with the Naboo wave, sometime after that.

They're still quite a ways off.

I meant the first part of the wave,I can wait for the last 3.I'm passing on Palps thoe.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 9, 2006, 02:29 AM »
Wow... I knew nothing about this figure but the info on the site.

...so that makes 3 figures I'll be needing in the Endor wave(s... however you care to count it) that I'll be needing, then ^.-

Also, as I said, I'm the "Out of Date" spokesperson. My figure collection is still like 75% POTF2s.... but, september doesn't really throw my theory. Only Hasbro/Lucasfilm's obvious and time-proven lack of common sense to concoct such a scheme will do that ;) Or, it'll turn out to be true, and we'll all rue the day because of some unforeseen gimickery.

I actually own two Force Files. They're interesting to a point, but...

I have to say, that while a little plastic thing is more impressive than a piece of paper, the Force Files were more relavent to the figure and better thought-out than this mini holo schtick. Although I love the stands, and the hologram figures can be used as a nice seperate display thingy... but they're just so totally unrelated to the figure that it makes me roll my eyes at the cheapness and lack of thought and sheer gimickyness. I guess it beats having action features on the new sculpts though...
« Last Edit: June 9, 2006, 02:30 AM by Mitsukara »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #295 on: June 9, 2006, 03:14 AM »
Except maybe Jesse.

I'd be less pissed if it weren't 100% true...   >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 9, 2006, 08:24 AM »
And nobody collected those Force Files.

Except maybe Jesse.

Call me a nobody then.  I have them all in a three ring binder in those plastic business card holders.  Wow, I suck.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #297 on: June 9, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Call me a nobody then.  I have them all in a three ring binder in those plastic business card holders.  Wow, I suck.

(I collected them, too.  Don't tell anybody.)

(Well, I don't know that I "collected" them, but I never threw them out, either.  Is that the same as collecting them?  I have an aversion to throwing things like that away, no matter how lame they are.  They weren't really that lame, though.  They were kind of neat, I guess, it's just that Hasbro never supported them like they did with the Freeze Frames, with the little folders and the macrobinocular viewer and all.  They could have at least put out a little mail-away binder or something; that would have been cool.  POTJ was really a collector-oriented line, and we would have eaten something like that up with a spoon.  But no, they couldn't do that, so all of us collectors--or people who never threw things away--were collecting--or not throwing away--all of those things, which were meant to be collected.  Weren't they numbered, even?  They made us hang on to all of those things, and then didn't even bother trying to sell us something to keep them all in.  It was the Star Wars collecting equivalent of not giving someone a reach-around.  I don't even know where all mine are.  I think maybe I put them all in a baggie or something.)

Anyway, I take back all that stuff I said about Force File collectors. 

Except Jesse.

Signed,

Stream of Consciousness Man

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #298 on: June 10, 2006, 02:17 AM »
Keeping them for ***** and giggles is like saying your junk drawer in your kitchen is a collection...  I think you're safely not a collector of them.

I opened and read each one thinking what in it looked cool to customize maybe, or just to read the information...  I didn't get my jollies from it really, I just read them.

OK I did get my jollies from them...  I admit it.

And I bought a business card holder for them too, making me equally nerdy on that level.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #299 on: June 10, 2006, 12:57 PM »
Keeping them for ***** and giggles is like saying your junk drawer in your kitchen is a collection...  I think you're safely not a collector of them.

Have you seen what's been passing for "collections" in Rebelscum's Collector's Collections feature lately?

I'd say a baggie of Force Files would qualify.