Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

Best of 2012?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Jeff:

--- Quote from: McMetal on January  3, 2013, 08:13 AM ---Can we start an equivalent thread in the TCW forum or should we just post that stuff here too?

--- End quote ---

Whatever you want.  Most people included the Dropship on their list here, so putting it here is fine.  Or you can start a separate thread over there if you'd like a "clone wars only" thread...

Paul:
What's TCW?

Best Figure:  Deleted Scene Luke.  (Can't be Naval Commander, never saw one)
Best Vehicle: Speeder Bike (runner up is the rerelease of the BMFs always good to see OT mega ships on the shelves)
Best Exclusive:  the Disney Build a Droid at Star Traders. (The nearest KMart is 300 miles away, thanks JJ for the hook up)
Best Multi-pack:  TRU Ewoks.

Pete_Fett:
Best Figure: Republic Trooper
Best Vehicle: Speeder Bike
Best Exclusive: AT-ST Driver 2-pack
Best Multi-pack: TRU Ewoks

Force Guy:
I'll go ahead & only answer question 1, since the others are no-brainers.

Best figure: Sandtrooper.  Absolutely love the weathering/paint job.   Mad props for Lumat & INC.   

Nicklab:
I'm going more with favorites than "BEST"

BEST FIGURE - VC105 - Royal Guard (ROTJ) - With this figure I think that Hasbro has finally nailed the Emporer's Royal Guard.  And in the process, the inclusion of the additional accessories made this not just a great ROTJ figure, but also a very cool EU rendition of Kir Kanos.

HONORABLE MENTION - VC106 - Nien Nunb - This is an update that I've been waiting to see for a long time.  The Kenner vintage Nein Nunb mailaway figure was one of my favorite figures from that line, and I always loved the character in ROTJ. I think Hasbro pretty much nailed Nein Nunb from a sculpt standpoint.  Do I think the paint apps could have been a little better?  Definitely.  If the paint apps on Nien Nunb's face had been better, THIS would have been my BEST FIGURE vote.

BEST VEHICLE - I've got to go with the Speeder Bike, too.  This one vehicle has been such a sore spot for years, that to see it finally done the right way is a relief.  The sizing and details are all there.  And I really hope that Hasbro is going to capitalize on the tooling and offer versions with both Luke and Leia on this speeder bike as well.

BEST EXCLUSIVE - The K-Mart AT-ST Crew takes this slot for me.  This is a case of Hasbro actually getting it right for once.  They listened to collectors and gave us a 2-pack of Imperial troops with different head sculpts, and you know what?  It's sold pretty damned well.  And on top of that, the figures are really cool, too.  I'm definitely happy to put them in my AT-ST's, and retire my older AT-ST Drivers.

BEST MULTIPACK - This could have easily been the best exclusive, since it was both a multipack AND an exclusive.  But I have to go with the TRU exclusive Ewok multipack.  I think this is another case of a great offering because Hasbro LISTENED.  They offered us NEW Ewoks as well as a revised Teebo.  And they threw in a bunch of Ewok accessories, too.  It makes this set more versatile, and those additional accessories give you the option of displaying your Ewoks the way you want.  This is a WIN feature for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version